It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 430
<< 427  428  429    431  432  433 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
someone wanted to see stats on deaths from pneumonia for the US?

Pneumonia & Influenza Deaths: 810
Week Ending May 9, 2009 (18th Week)

Here is the link to the report: report

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Mild and Underlying condition... Those words should be in the history books after all of this is over with.

in the hospital for mild conditions... atleast every now and then we are seeing people saying that the conditions were not mild and there was no underlying conditions.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Brazil Adds 9th Swine Flu Case To Health Ministry's List

Friday May 22nd, 2009 / 0h25

SAO PAULO -(Dow Jones)- The Brazilian Health Ministry confirmed the 9th case of H1N1 swine flu Thursday in the state of Sao Paulo.

There are currently 33 suspected H1N1 cases being monitored, with half of those patients exhibiting a majority of H1N1 flu-related symptoms

www.easybourse.com...

This is probably the beginning of a spread down into the southern Hemisphere we are starting to see.

I think i saw some reports from Peru earlier today.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by double_frick
reply to post by ecoparity

why do you think that the diamondback pitcher's wife died of swine flu?

We were tipped off to keep an eye on the story by a resource who was present at the location.

is it possible that there has been a mutation that caused her to die without previously having symptoms...similar to the toddler in new york that was found to NOT have swine flu...supposedly.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

This is a site I posted ealier in the thread.........

rocs.northwestern.edu...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
Health Dept.: 56 Hospitalized With Swine In NYC

NEW YORK (CBS) ― A health department spokeswoman said on Thursday that 56 people have been hospitalized with confirmed cases of swine flu around New York City.

Spokeswoman Jessica Scaperotti had no information Wednesday on the patients' conditions or ages, or how the number of hospitalizations compares with recent days or weeks.

The department said most swine flu cases still are mild. City and state officials said there are more than 220 confirmed cases citywide. But Scaperotti said that represents only a fraction of the sick because only people with severe cases or in suspected clusters are being tested.

wcbstv.com...

Ahhh! only the severe MILD cases are being tested, the people hospitalized and fighting for their lives with the MILD flu that is

I'm starting to get tired of their use of the buzz word: MILD!

I'm sick of the "mild" lie too.

And what a load of bs re not knowing their ages, condition etc. How hard is it to gather that data for 56 people?....shouldn't they be very much on top of that information?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Mexico City lifts all swine flu bans

Mexico City has fully lifted all swine flu restrictions imposed on the sprawling metropolis, as global health authorities puzzle over the origins and severity of the A(H1N1) virus.

"We can calm down now," Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard told a news conference on Thursday, just weeks after the city was virtually shut down.

Mexico City was at the epicentre of the outbreak of swine flu which has now spread to 41 countries, infecting more than 11,000 people and leading to 85 deaths, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).

The capital's website dropped its five-level alert to the lowest level green on Thursday, signalling that schools, businesses and transport could function as normal, without extra health precautions.

news.theage.com.au...

Mexico City have declared that the coast is clear!

So everyone can mingle again without extra health precautions!

Party on!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
LONDON - Flu experts are looking very closely at Britain — and some have decided that the U.K.'s swine flu-fighting tactics are seriously off the mark and may be hiding a much larger outbreak.
snip

Rumors have swirled among health officials for weeks that Britain's caseload is far higher than officials are admitting.
snip

Countries outside of North America may be reluctant to admit they have a bigger outbreak on their hands, since that could prompt WHO to declare a pandemic.

Many governments fear that announcing a pandemic would produce mass panic and confusion, with citizens clamoring for measures — including vaccines, antiviral medications, trade restrictions and travel bans — that could be costly or even ineffective.

On Monday, British Health Secretary Alan Johnson urged WHO to raise its standards for determining a pandemic.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hide the pandemic--hold off the problem-- until a solution is found. Unfortunately, this may too late for some.

Ahhh....this is what is meant by the GRACE PERIOD term I found so interesting earlier

[edit on 21-5-2009 by EDteach]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Yeah! all these crazy underlaying conditions they are trying to fool us with is not any better than the über buzz: MILD!

Mild underlaying conditions of insanity is what they have at the WHO!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Google translation - Virus undergoes mutation of the H1N1 human influenza A.

Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas .- Although the federal Department of Health has announced that influenza A/H1N1 virus has [ed:not] undergone changes in recent days, in Nuevo Laredo the person who died for this cause is one example.

Rapid tests for detection of the disease were performed in life, were negative, and no laboratory tests of samples containing bronchial lung biopsy and pharyngeal exudate, which was taken after his death.

This situation is worrying, the doctor said Luis Loa Campbell, head of the Sanitary Jurisdiction number V to be interviewed about the death of the driver of the tractor, on May 11 in the Social Security hospital.

He said that this person arrived on May 8 from the capital to Nuevo Laredo with a picture of pneumonia advanced symptomatic despite medical treatment administered to the urgency of the case, died.

"In this case we can point out is that in life he made rapid tests for detection of influenza virus, but they were negative, two days during the procedures were followed and were again negative," he explained.

"The worrying situation," he added, "is that when a new analysis of samples of lung tissue, bronchial contents performed at the Institute of Epidemiological Diagnosis and Reference, were positive for influenza A/H1N1," he said.

In conclusion, he said that this put on alert again for the Health Sector in the state and especially to the border of the possible mutation of the influenza A/H1N1 virus.

Interesting - rapid tests came back negative but when the subject expired, tissue samples proved positive.
link

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
A little extra info on Montana

HELENA – The state health department says Montana now has 10 cases of swine flu.

Cases have been reported in Yellowstone, Hill and Custer counties, according to the Department of Public Health and Human Services.

One of the most recent cases involved a Miles City youth. Lindsay Faber, a nurse with the Custer County Health Department, says the student did not require hospitalization and recovered with no complications.

Teachers in Miles City schools were asked to watch students for flu-like symptoms and parents were asked to keep their children home if they were sick. School district staff cleaned desktops and doorknobs with a bleach solution.

State officials say it is likely more cases of swine flu will be confirmed.
www.flatheadbeacon.com...

I'm digging for more info on the others who have come down with this and will post if anything further comes up.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

I just signed up but have been lurking for a few months. That said, I have written a quick java program that goes through every page in this thread (in order) and stores posts made by a specific user. I did this with "ecoparity" because i got tired of looking for all his posts in the 430 pages and his information is pretty on-point.

Reason i say this is I was going to upload the consolidated web page of user posts to googlepages but it's not working out (The formatting is all messed up and I got a quota maxed error), so if anyone wants the ecoparity posts, or any other users posts from this thread U2U me with a way to share the files, either a site to put them on or I can just email them directly to a dummy email account if someone wants to take the lead and post them up.

The files just contain the scraped HTML of just the specified user (ecoparity for now), the one I have is 754KB and contains 281 eco posts. It also took about 3 minutes to go through 429 pages.

Good job on the information everyone.

--Loqeth

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone here has seen this yet..

I know, I know .....The source is questionable, but it looks legit:

Source

The Turner Radio Network has obtained the Centers for Disease Control Director's Update on the new Flu outbreak, issued yesterday, May 20, 2009. This document is labeled FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY (FIUO) and FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY (FOUO) and NOT FOR FURTHER DISTRIBUTION and SENSITIVE BUT UNCLASSIFIED (SBU)

CDC Director's Update for May 20th

[edit on 21-5-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Anyone think that the average person who is infected but id not showing any symptoms yet could possibly infect 3 - 5 people unknowingly?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It would appear that we are seeing the beginnings of community based transmission down here in Australia.

"He has not travelled recently, nor had any contact with any identified cases,'' Mr Andrews said.

www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
73 confirmed cases of swine flu in Iowa

From the Des Moines Register May 21, 2009

State health officials are now reporting 73 confirmed cases of swine flu in Iowa.

In an update released today, officials with the Iowa Department of Public Health say that is up from 71 earlier in the week. The new cases are in Polk and Tama counties.

Marshall County still has the most cases of the virus at 55. Tama County has 10 cases and there are three cases in Polk County.

Hardin County has two cases and there is one case each in Story, Des Moines and Chickasaw counties.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Wary of Swine Flu, Egypt May Quarantine Pilgrims

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: May 21, 2009

Egyptians who perform the annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia risk being quarantined upon their return to Egypt, the health minister warned Wednesday, driving home the lengths to which Egypt is willing to go to remain free of swine flu. The minister, Hatem el-Gabali, said the volume of people participating in the pilgrimage, expected to begin in December, made it possible that swine flu would be transmitted.

At least some contries are taking precautions to contain this. Even if it may not be very possible to stop the spread now.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Reason behind possible partial immunity of older adults to swine flu unclear

Only - it isn't.

[edit on 2009/5/21 by Aeons]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Spread of Swine Flu Puts Japan in Crisis Mode
Full article at above NY Times link.

KOBE, Japan — It all began at a high school volleyball tournament here on May 2 — or so residents of this Japanese port city suspect.

Soon, volleyball players who took part in the event were coming down with swine flu, early cases in a wider outbreak that has made Japan the worst-hit country outside North America in the global epidemic.

The outbreak has come as a particular shock for hygiene-obsessed Japan, where hand-washing is religiously taught in schools, children play in sanitized sandboxes, and everything from underwear to ballpoint pens comes with supposed antibacterial properties.

Suspect it started on May 2nd? That is really surprising. Looks like that is a hunch a lot of the locals had. I wonder if there may be any truth to that.

[edit on 5/21/2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Originally posted by pcgeek
73 confirmed cases of swine flu in Iowa

i have yet to see anyone who is sick in iowa personally. what about your m8?

top topics

<< 427  428  429    431  432  433 >>

join