It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Tight security keeps hog population safe from disease
www.cnn.com...

Nice to know the piggies get all that fuss to stop them getting sick

So the guy in that article is calling H1N1 a respitory disease? Hmmmm

[edit on 8-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

[edit on 8-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

*WE* think that's why the Cali-Kids were given Anti-Histamines & Anti-Biotic's at the time they first came in...

*THEY* couldn't confirm it right off, but, suspected/knew what it was and were TRYING to keep their bodies from over reacting, kicking in the C-Storm, which leads to secondary/tertiary infections that lead to possible death...Hmmm...

Swine Flu Heads South, Hitting Brazil, Argentina
www.npr.org...

China to receive donated A/H1N1 influenza strains
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Scientists Still Baffled About Origins of Swine Flu
FRIDAY, May 8
www.ajc.com...

Alberta Health to address possible H1N1-related death
9:48am
www.inews880.com...

Standstill
www.newyorker.com...

gizmoalex: @amiles11 I have fallen off the grid as well. Damn Swine Flu!
less than a minute ago from SocialScope

theworldofdeuce: @DInstros Not swine flu. I don't know if I have a migrain or what. Headache all day yesterday then quezy today. Thanks 4 looking out less than a minute ago from twidroid

titopanchito: doesn't have swine flu anymore............................he has something worst half a minute ago from web

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's definately concerning. Yet they are still saying it's just a mild flu?

I know someone in our Government (UK) mentioned upping anti-biotic stocks as well as anti-virals on the news, in response to H1N1, possibly yesterday or this morning.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 22
www.who.int...

8 May 2009 -- As of 16:00 GMT, 8 May 2009, 25 countries have officially reported 2500 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 1204 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 44 deaths. The United States has reported 896 laboratory confirmed human cases, including two deaths.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Brazil (4), Canada (214), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Colombia (1), Costa Rica (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (2), France (12), Germany (11), Guatemala (1), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (6), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (5), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (88), Sweden (1), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (34).

ChrisCarroll38: USA now has the most documented H1N1 cases. Of course, USA has one of the most rapid reporting systems. Mexico deaths climbing @44: US:2 1 minute ago from web

MedicalNewsNet: CDC: those with 2009-H1N1 infection appear to more commonly have vomiting and diarrhea than those with other flu strains #swineflu less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes a lot grimmer

I'm sure the numbers won't rise much longer though since they've deemed it unnecessary to test everyone with sypmtoms

All they're succeeding in doing with these new guidelines is allowing it to further spread unnoticed, and giving people a false sense of security

Sorry, i was catching up with the thread.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Star 4 U!

On the "ketchup"

And like you need to see this again
just twit'd

US, Illinois: State Officials Confirm 393 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Another Post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(per MexicanACME)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks !

Just talked to the doc, the throat culture came back negative. The pink eye (which she developed the day after going to the doctor) is clearing up.
Just can't seem to get the upper respiratory thing to clear up even with the antihistamines, she's feeling better though, can go back to school monday.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well why it's slow for a second I'll add this...

I went on-line last night to www.cheaperthandirt.com...
and ordered (2) OM10 Gas Mask, Filter, Storage Bag Airborne Virus Protection...Protect against Nuclear, Bio, Chemical, Swine Flu Virus...

$7.50 Ea + S&H

With the new talk of H1N3 and H1N5 mutations possible...

Alberta swine flu death confirmed
cnews.canoe.ca...

US, Colorado: State officials confirm 25 cases of influenza A (H1N1) statewide. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

US, Massachusetts: State officials confirm 83 cases of influenza A (H1N1) across the state #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Time 4 a vote: Which Avatar should I go with? "The NAU Flu King" or "The Stand" or... suggestions? I can make just about anything

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by skitzspiricy

*WE* think that's why the Cali-Kids were given Anti-Histamines & Anti-Biotic's at the time they first came in...

*THEY* couldn't confirm it right off, but, suspected/knew what it was and were TRYING to keep their bodies from over reacting, kicking in the C-Storm, which leads to secondary/tertiary infections that lead to possible death...Hmmm...

Our Reporting Journalist Hx3_1963!

Q. I would guess with your recent investment of Flu Prevention devices you are thinking this mutation is real then?

reply to post by chise61

Good News!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

They also have insane income disparity which does impact their care and access to medicine and alternative options.

Mortality still correlates to income level.

That holds true for many people in first world countries also. There are many here that are working poor and have no health coverage. There are also many unemployed that have lost their health coverage and who's standard of living has drastically decreased.

And let's not forget these people that would probably be hit very hard if this reaches them.

Although there have been drastic improvements in the region's economic conditions since the commission's founding, the ARC still listed 81 counties as "distressed" in 2008.[25]

In the 1960s, many people in Appalachia had a standard of living comparable to third world countries

Nevertheless, after 40 years poverty remains undefeated in Appalachia. Martin County, Kentucky, the site of Johnson’s 1964 speech, is currently ranked as "distressed" by the ARC. (Distressed is the worst ranking.) The per capita income in Martin County is $10,650, and 37% of its residents live below the poverty line.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.associatedcontent.com...

www.nashvilleistalking.com...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well...whilst tossin' all this Intel, I've seen Back Door discussions of H1N3 being found in Canadian samples and more than 1 "expert" seems genuinely worried about H1N5...

H1N1 is fairly easily transmitted, where as H1N5 isn't, but, insert a couple of genes and *wala*...and then there's H1N3...what's this add to the "Stew"?!?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Forgot to ask you, do you think this may have anything to do with the meeting at the firehouse near you the other day ?

news.yahoo.com...

I have no idea if that's close to you or not.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hey nice website.......

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Thanks for this...www.cheaperthandirt.com...

I'm gonna look through it later.

I'm off for awhile, busy day.

You guys/gals take care and have a good one

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Time 4 a vote: Which Avatar should I go with? "The NAU Flu King" or "The Stand" or... suggestions? I can make just about anything

I'm liking this one... : ) - the flu king -
The stand - really good but really scary -
Thanks for all of your hard work HX.
You are appreciated.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thought I'd share that site
seems like "reasonable" prices, nice assortment...

@ C61: Dang...with more news like that you'll have us believing it IS the Apocalypse!!!
Fires, Eq's, Plagues...now we just need the waters to run red and the moon to turn red/black as well...
any eclipses due?!?

@ Spinkyboo: You know me...a Borg Data-holic

Canada: A total of 224 cases of influenza A (H1N1) have been confirmed nationwide, including one fatal case in Alberta. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Tayside Health Board: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1); 11 Probable Cases Across Scotland: Date: May 08, 2009 17:50 UTC Risk: ..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Lanarkshire Health Board: One Possible Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Under Investigation; 11 Possible Cases Across Scotland: Date: May 0..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Fife Health Board: One Possible Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Under Investigation; 11 Probable Cases Across Scotland: Date: May 08, 200..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Strasbourg: Mother And Son "Probable" Inlfuenza A (H1N1) Cases Test Positive: Date: May 08, 2009 17:38 UTC Risk: Low Dernieres Nouvel..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Prince Edward Island: Third Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 08, 2009 17:35 UTC Risk: Medium The Prince Edward Island..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Another Post:
(per alchemist2012)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
TEXAS Swine flu developments
Friday, May 08, 2009
www.statesman.com...

US, Kentucky: CDC Confirms Third Case of Influenza A (H1N1); Identified in Fayette County #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Canada processors may avoid pigs recovered from flu
www.reuters.com...

Back Door:
UK population must fall to 30m, says Porritt
March 22, 2009
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Looks they figured out a way to take the worst from each and combine them into a bio theat!

reply to post by chise61

Yes thanks for reminding me! I saw that and realized that was probably what was going on. I am not paranoid or anything!?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Alberta woman who died had swine flu, health officials confirm

The death of a woman in northern Alberta is the first confirmed death in Canada associated with swine flu, Alberta health officials said Friday.

The woman had chronic pre-existing health problems. She died on April 28.

"It is not clear to what extent H1N1 may or may not have contributed to her death and it may never be clear," said Dr. André Corriveau, Alberta's chief medical officer of health.

The cause of death at the time was linked to her existing medical condition, but she was tested for swine flu after another family member contracted a mild form of the illness.

Earlier reports indicated an elderly woman had died, but Corriveau said the woman was in her 30s.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Back Door:
UK population must fall to 30m, says Porritt
March 22, 2009
www.timesonline.co.uk...

People are blind...No wonder the E.U. is referred to as "The Beast"

JONATHON PORRITT, one of Gordon Brown’s leading green advisers, is to warn that Britain must drastically reduce its population if it is to build a sustainable society.

Porritt’s call will come at this week’s annual conference of the Optimum Population Trust (OPT), of which he is patron. source

The trust will release research suggesting UK population must be cut to 30m if the country wants to feed itself sustainably.

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join