It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is a Conspircacy Theory- Proved False, From The Bible

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

It's no different basically from a father of a child - the father raises his child and expects that child to follow his rules or suffer the consequences.

Granted, a father here doesn't have a hell to toss the kid into but then what kind of sense would it make for God to put people into timeout.

God is a loving God but He is also a just God - and with love there has to be consequences for not following the "rules" so to speak.

Mankind has chosen to toss God, and His laws, into the nearest garbage can. And if you read Daniel, and Revelation, in the Bible, you will see that this is exactly why prophecy is being fulfilled very quickly.
Mankind/the world/satan also has everyone thinking that it's ok to believe in something/someone other than God and Jesus Christ.
And while you won't be held accountable here on earth for your choices, you will be held accountable on Judgment Day - regardless if you choose to believe or not.

I have no idea when mankind started believing that he was going to have a choice whether to be judged by God or not.

It's your choice who you want to follow - but my advice would be to make sure you can live with your decision, as well as die with it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

That's what I just said, I just don't think you got it all the way but that's alright.

I know they will have some form of consciousness, but Christ is referring to being in the lake of fire itself as the "second death." We have no need to fear the first death, for He will bring us to life again. It's the second death we should fear. This is the one that is everlasting torment, because one has also died in the Spirit. Unbelievers that do not come to repentance before the Lord God and His Son and the wicked and unjust are among who will be there. Don't feel more sure of yourselves and bicker amongst one another, we are all here on this Earth together. Rather, we should all agree upon the fact that those that have not eaten or drank the food and water of the soul need to do just that. That is why we are chosen so that we may bring others to the offering of Yeshua the Christ upon the cross, and have them understand His perfect body's sacrifice. For our own teachings say not to bicker among others, but to tell them of our belief even if they will turn their ear. It isn't good for us to argue with them, to each his own. It would simply be in their best interest to at least listen to what we have to say. Arguing Bible passages is probably why they don't take Christianity seriously. I don't even proclaim a specific Church denomination, nor do I follow the Church's lies. Rather I follow the teachings found in the Holy Bible, and interpret it's meaning for myself, as others must do to fully find their ground. Discussing the Bible with others is what we should be doing not just here on the internet but out on the streets of town and everything. Redemption and a new age of peace draw nigh, but not until all the woes of the prophecies are fulfilled.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I see what you mean, thank you for being both understanding and respectful.

You put it very well on my comprehension of death. No hell, no heaven, no nothing. It's very difficult for a lot of people to comprehend. Additionally, it's comforting to believe that someone is going to take care of you after you die.

The best way I can explain my perspective to those who don't understand is something everyone has experienced. When you're asleep, and you're not dreaming, it seems time doesn't exist. We wake up feeling refreshed, but that time sleeping was lost as if it were only moments. I imagine that's what death would be like. You don't exist, you don't care, for all eternity. Time slips away infinitely. But you don't have to fear it, because you won't exist to to comprehend this void of nothingness.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Agreed, watchtheashes - the way mankind has corrupted the original Bible, that's the best piece of advice - read it for yourself. I do feel that God works differently in all of us - but as He tells us, we have to seek Him with our heart and soul before He will reveal things He wants us to know.

The foolish will scoff, the wise will understand.

Keep your eyes on Israel.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Buringthorn,

I read your experience with great interest, because I had a very similar "Hell" experience when I accepted Christ as my savior at age 21.

I don't have enough time to post my experience at the moment, but will do so in the next day or 2.

All I can say for right now is that it is the real deal and anyone who doesn't think it is real is playing right into satan's hands.

more later..

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in seeing what's left of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, this youtube video is eye opening, to say the least.

www.youtube.com...

For a book that was written two thousand years ago to hit the nail on the head on this, and other modern day discoveries........... it would almost be foolish to not accept the Bible as 100% accurate.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Two different and interesting videos about people who died, were sent to hell, and came back -

www.youtube.com...
Bill Weiss

www.youtube.com...
Mickey Robinson (his face is extremely disfigured from the accident so
be forewarned)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

One area I do agree with atheists, is from elements we are, to elements we return, or from dust we are to dust we return, right now. Dead is dead.
If I go outside and get creamed by semi truck and I die, I would be dead and in a state of non-existence, just like you, if that was to happen to you.

The main difference, is a hope for the future after death, for life at a later date, that God can recreate our souls and bring us back, at his appointed time.

What about what I said earlier from Rev 21? When it Clearly STATES that their is 2 HEAVENS & 2 EARTHS after the 1000yrs is done with?? HOW can that be IF were just DEAD.

REV21 The New Jerusalem

Then I saw a NEW Heaven and a NEW EARTH, for the 1st Heavenand the 1st Earth had PASSED AWAY, and there was no longer any sea.

(2) I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down our of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Thanks for posting that, I had to stop and watch it.

Very interesting video, how all that unique and pure sulfur ended up in Gomorrah, supports the bible account

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Inspiration1911

Tell me do really think that God destroyed the heavens and recreated the heavens, or rather does that mean a new epoch for the heavens once Satan and his demons are thrown out of heaven?

Same with the earth why destroy it, would you blow up and demolish a building because you had some bad tenants in it. No you just evict all the bad tenants.
The bad tenants of this earth won't get evicted to hell, they will be evicted to non-existence.

A "new earth" means a new Kingdom, not a new planet.
Daniel 2 verse 44
And in the days of these [final ten] kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall its sovereignty be left to another people; but it shall break and crush and consume all these kingdoms and it shall stand forever.

I don't know why people think that God has to destroy this planet, he is perfectly capable of reversing the damage that has been done.

There sure is way more pessimism in Christianity than needs to be, people being tortured forever in fire, the planet getting incinerated and blown up.
Not an attractive belief structure that makes a lot of sense

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I'm glad you took the time to watch it, Blue - I honestly feel that God is allowing mankind to uncover certain things, over time, as a way to prove to the naysayers that yes, He does exist. And two, as a means to maybe draw them closer to Him as the end days get closer.

Just like used to all we ever heard about was people that had "died" and saw Heaven, but then were sent back here.

But lately, in the last few years, people have started sharing experiences involving their "deaths" and being sent to hell, then coming back. I can't help but believe that this is also God's doings as a way to show people that yes, hell is very real.

The Bible has been right on the mark thus far on every single prophecy. And the unfulfilled ones are steady being fulfilled with each passing day. It's just so scary to see all of these people that cry 'fear mongering' and turn their heads to the truth. We all should know that this world, as we know it, was not meant to last forever. And that there would come a day when God finally decides He has had enough of mankind's evil ways.

The Bible says that if the nation turns from our sin, then God will heal us........ but looking at our world as it is now? I think it's a safe bet to strap on your crash helmet and start praying.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
From my understanding of the entire 'end days' and 'tribulation' issue, it is all part of God's wrath upon His children - the wrath increases as the days go by in hopes that people will turn back to God, and Jesus Christ - instead of continuing to follow satan.

At the very end, when all of the people that are going to repent have repented, God is going to basically torch the earth of all mankind and creatures - basically clearing the evil out - then the Judgment - and then the Christians/believers will live eternally here on this earth after Jesus gets it ready.

That's why I feel that the whole 2012 happening will play into the end days - because what else would cause massive earthquakes like a complete pole shift? The Bible says there will be earthquakes the likes that man has never seen, nor ever will. I would venture to say it will be beyond 10 on the ole Richter Scale.

I've noticed that Nasa is describing 2012's coming effects as "intense solar storms".

Intense may be an extreme understatement.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If hell does not exist, then why do we need to be saved by the blood of the Lamb? What point the sacrifice of Jesus?

Jesus said; 'I am the Truth and the Light and the Way.' What did He mean by this?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Interesting thread, OP. A good read.

However for me, as an atheist, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. I *do* believe in an afterlife or some new dimension of existence when one's energy leaves the body when it expires.

But "Hell" ? No, it just doesn't make any sense to me. How can one's immortal soul/energy/existence be based on the finite and limited time spent on Earth? How can anyone ever hope to "evolve" both mentally and spiritually if the mistakes made in a very short 85years means you're cast into Darkness and forgotten about for ever?

How does one reform? How does one learn from their mistakes?

No, I can't see it like that. If I had to guess (which I'm not keen to do) I'd say that whatever happens when you pass on means your energy joins the enternal Life force of the universe and based on what you experienced and learned in the previous life either dictates or allows you to move onto either a higher form of existence or to re-live the same sort of experience until you learn for yourself.

Of course, I have zero proof of any of that. But to me, it makes far more sense than eternal damnation and beng judged by a being who's whimsical and childish nature means you don't know whether you're coming or going.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
If hell does not exist, then why do we need to be saved by the blood of the Lamb? What point the sacrifice of Jesus?

Jesus said; 'I am the Truth and the Light and the Way.' What did He mean by this?

Without the ransom nobody would have any hope for the future once we die, with Jesus ransom sacrifice we do have a hope to live again, that's what makes it all possible.

Another question is how come the people Jesus resurrected when he was on earth, never talked about Heaven or Hell, if they were in Hell they would have said something about how terrible it was. If they were in heaven they would have said how awesome it was.
But they are silent on this, why, because they were just dead, there soul died and didn't go anywhere. To Jesus it was like they were sleeping and he was just waking them up. But there deaths was real.
The point of the Resurrections was to prove that it can be done, Jesus was showing people he had the power to do this.
And he will do it again en mass once we get his Messianic Kingdom Theocracy in control of this earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Wow, great topic- I've enjoyed reading through this thread. About a year ago I started doing some of my own research on this very topic and I can confirm that the terms Sheol, Hades, Gehenna, and Tartarus as explained by Blue_Jay33 are accurate with what I've learned. My research was mostly based on the work of Dr. Douglas Jacoby in his audio series on the afterlife.

A little history- starting in the 3rd and 4th centuries, the teaching of the early Christian church about Sheol was slowly being transformed into the concept of "purgatory." Purgatory was taught by the Catholic Church as a place where humans go after they die in which cleansing takes place. The idea was that after one had been there long enough and "worked" off their sins, they would move on to Heaven. This was clearly not what the early church taught about Sheol. The early church taught that one couldn't "work" their way to heaven in the afterlife- the decision was made at death.

So when the protestants broke away from the Catholic Church they wanted to change many Catholic doctrines. (and rightly so) The idea of any kind of "works" being attached to salvation were discarded and replaced by the concept of "faith alone." They also threw out the concept of purgatory and instead of going back to the concept of Sheol, they replaced it with the idea that people go straight to heaven or hell when they die. This overreaction may have started this whole misunderstanding about the afterlife.

Personally I think that Hell (Gehenna) is a very real place, so from that point of view I don't think there is a "conspiracy" about Hell. Jesus himself talks about a place where the unrighteous will be sent. Who knows, Hell might not be an actual "lake of fire" just like heaven might not have physical "streets of gold." We have to be careful about what we take literally from the book of Revelation as it is written in symbolic language. These descriptions could be more symbolic than real which is actually more scary to think about. Hell might be thousands of degrees worse than simply being tortured by demons while burning alive...

Some additional thoughts- it appears that punishment is not the same for everyone (just as reward might not be the same for everyone?) I base this on Luke 12:47-48. This seems to imply that punishment ends at some point in time (few blows), so I don't have a problem thinking that Hell may not be eternal. Even if one was in Hell for 1 Million years, that is very short compared to eternity! The only possible verse that contradicts this is Matthew 25:46, where Jesus mentions "eternal punishment" but that could be explained as the memory of the punishment lasting forever, but not the actual punishment like a previous poster said. So that means the unrighteous who are thrown into Hell will at some point be utterly destroyed, but the righteous will be granted eternal life and live with God forever!

Where does the Bible say the unrighteous will be granted eternal life???

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The earth is made up primarily of carbon which has 6 protons,6 electrons, and 6 neutorns.

Thus, 666, hell on earth.

However, IMHO the real hell exists and awaits those judged to abide there.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Very true. Honestly, the whole "Hell" thing was a fear tactic used to keep people "in check." Another way to look at it is this. Let's entertain the thought that there is a "hell." What does fire do? It refines. It burns away unwanted things.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Please answer my second question Blu_Jay;

Jesus said; 'I am the Truth and the Light and the Way'. What did He mean by this?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Just curious...

Did you mean "I am the way and the truth and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me." found in John 14:6?

or

"I am the LIGHT of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." found in John 8:12?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join