It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge from my mother on Area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So she doesn't believe a word of anything paranormal about area 51. She thinks its 100 percent US military and no alien influence.... My task is to bring her as many credible sources that prove there is some sort of alien influence at area 51... the more sources the better boys. Its time to persuade a disbeliever.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Your mother is one hundred percent right. Listen to her!

There are no credible sources claiming that Area 51 has paranormal or extraterrestrial connections. All the credible sources - people who actually worked there - have verified that it is strictly a test facility for high-tech military technology.

Listen to your mother.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
im gonna go wit ha no on that one doc....plenty of sources that counter act this.. im developing my own.... but if anyone else has source.... feel free to add.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The government has done such a fine job of telling the complete story of area 51 with a nugget of lie just enough so people won't believe it. That's just the way they do it. However, maybe a viewing of the "captive alien" on Youtube might help her understand the reality.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The government has done such a fine job of telling the complete story of area 51 with a nugget of lie just enough so people won't believe it. That's just the way they do it. However, maybe a viewing of the "captive alien" on Youtube might help her understand the reality.

that thing is such the definition of bogus i dont know what else to say... none of us who believe in area 51 buy that fox 1997 crap.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well there's not much out there as far as I know. I mean, whatever you can find on the internet is purely speculation. Then there's the people that say they've worked there, but there is no way to find out. Even if they were the real deal your mom probably wouldn't believe it.

You could go Bob Lazar if you want. I'm not sure whether I even buy his story or not, but it's an option.

The other thing I can think of is the guy that called C2C and said he worked there, most people say it's a hoax, but the radio going out right after the call is suspicious. You can have her listen to that song that Tool made from the call, too, if you want. Doubt she'll buy it.

Yeah, I don't think you're gonna make her believe anything, there's just not enough out there.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The David Adair story has always interested me. I hope after watching the gentlemen on Fox News talk about their work at Area 51, there is more to it than that. Personally, I believe 99% Military and 1% alien technology. It is the 1% percent that I am praying comes out. It is the interesting part of the Area 51 story. A perfect example is the Dreamland Resort Conference this summer. A majority of the speakers are Alien related. The website is "Not a UFO website, but that is what sells. Personally I am going to the conference for three of the speakers, Peter Merlin, George Knapp, Norio Hayakawa. Peter knows the history like no other, George knows the Bob Lazar story like no other, and Norio has a take on the whole picture very similar to mine!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Considering you're posting in a forum dedicated to Area 51, you may want to check out a few of the threads here. There's a plethora of information to peruse.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Considering you're posting in a forum dedicated to Area 51, you may want to check out a few of the threads here. There's a plethora of information to peruse.

understood..... as you have been a mod here for some time.... you will know that i have been an avid poster and contributor to this forum... I simply ask to speed up response time to my mom.

but thanks

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Your mother is correct on this one. Area 51 is a test facility. The classified military craft are tested at Area 51 before it goes into service.

The alien craft and technology is at another classified location. I would believe the term is to hide in plain sight.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ask her does electronic mind control exist?

if she says no, she knows nothing that is secret in this world.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yep, there's no credible sources that Area 51 has anything to do with aliens, but us conspirators know better!

If you want to convince your mother that Area 51 truly has paranormal phenomenas beyond their gates, I'm afraid that the main source you'll have is Bob Lazar's work. Just show her his information and hope she'll believe him.

Remember, things aren't always what they seem!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Sorry, but your mom is right. The reality is that the base is very mundane. Secret, secluded....but very mundane. My coworker had to go there on a trip I was supposed to go with (I ended up having to go to Thailand instead).

The cool thing is he was there for 4 days and didn't need to travel off-base for accommodations (which apparently would have sucked to commute and would have taken hours out of his work day causing him to stay an extra day or so to finish the support call) They have some sort of apartment setup or something (several units he said) for visiting engineers and sales jerks. He also said that security was VERY minimal once in the general area that pertained to the project we were involved in. He even went so far as to describe it as "casual" and "kinda hilbilly like" in own words.

Other than him being bored off his ass (he had no internet out there on his laptop and there was nothing to do when he wasn't working) and asked several of his contacts there about the goofy alien rumors (he is not into this stuff at all, so I'm sure it came to him to ask after an evening of total boredom). He said they laughed at it. They find it funny that folks need to imagine all sort of silliness just because the base is far out of the way and high security.

Alas, there is nothing alien out there, the place is boring. I have been to several classified project areas that were WAY more interesting than the way he described this place. Shame, when it came up during the engineering meeting that one or two of us would have to go there for training and evaluation (of a process we developed) I had my hopes up privately that this would have turned out way more interesting than it did.

We still joke about it from time to time. The general consensus was I got the better end of the deal because I go to travel to Thailand and actually had some fun during my off hours

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. You are claiming to have a friend who has actually worked inside Area 51. This should be good. And even accepting that, we should just believe you and your friend? The fact that he didnt see anything in his short 4 day stay there means ufos have NEVER been tested there? The fact that people who work there laugh the notion of aliens off simply means they know everything and UFO's simply dont exist there?

My oh my. Well ,since you said it, and your friend confirms it, whats the use in researching the 50 years prior??? Everything is all answered.

But of course Im not going to just believe that your friend was there. Every other person claiming that has been given the 3rd degree till it was proven false or the person stopped posting. I assume you have proof of this? Or will you be like every other hoaxer and claim proof, but never show it.

Or perhaps will you say that you dont need to show proof and if we dont believe you on your one single solitary post, thats our loss?

Either way, if you come on the area 51 board claiming to have knowledge beyond a normal civilian, knowing someone who has actually stayed on the base, back it up with proof, or dont and keep the mouth quiet.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by bknapple32]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If your mother is Christian, forget it. Try doing the you tube Bill Uhouse Area 51 interview. He is an older guy with credible military credentials. Of course it doesn't prove anything, but its the best I could do for today....

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Eh shes catholic, but VERY questionable of it.

Ill check out the vid and send it over to her. We'll see if she even bothers.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure why you choose to be derisive of someone who has a friend who worked at Groom Lake. Maybe you should just be grateful for information from an insider.

I have lots of friends and associates who worked at Groom Lake. Their collective careers cover a span from construction of the base in 1955 to the present. Their jobs include engineers, radar technicians, test pilots, security personnel, air traffic controllers, loadmasters, project managers, base commanders, and more. They have a wide range of knowledge from compartmentalized sections to "the big picture," depending on their individual position. One thing they all agree on is that the notion of anything extraterrestrial at Area 51 is laughable.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

My father is Barack Obama...

See how easy that was? All I had to do was type it. Im not trying to start a www.letsfight.com thing here. I just am shocked at some of the people who cry hoax (rightly so 90& of the time mind you) and then say something like " my friend worked at area 51" yet provide nothing in terms of proof.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

knapple, I would be willing to give ShadowHawk the benefit of the doubt here, as there's really no way for him to sufficiently provide the 'proof' you ask for. What exactly would 'proof' be in your mind, of someone having worked at A51? The security protocols in place make it illegal for many to prove that they work there.

Furthermore, if someone had worked on ET technology, the compartmentalized nature of our military would keep that info. from spreading to someone like Shadowhawk. In his experience working there, there's no possible way he could really know 'everything', even with friends on the inside. For all he knows, it really is just a test facility, ir is it?

Hence, the paradox, conundrum, etc.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The basic thing about Area 51 is that it is very good to use so people speculate there are aliens and craft there. That way, the public will believe the government does not have any extraterrestrial items when public tours of the place eventually open up.

Area 51 is nothing more than a test facility. Bob Lazar and others who claim to have either worked with aliens or alien technology at that facility are not telling the truth.

Area 51 has kept the researchers from finding out where the crash debris from Roswell and Kecksburg are really kept. That is why it is such a great success.

<<   2 >>

join