It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close to the truth is the G.I. Joe Cartoon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ok, so I recently picked up the old G.I. Joe cartoon movie as it was a childhood favorite. Well now that I'm all grown up and a conspiracy theorist, the thought crossed my mind about how much fact may be in the old series. For anyone familiar with beliefs of someone like David Icke, the G.I. Joe series could hold some truth to it. An ancient 40,000 yr old race of reptillian people that bring a group called Cobra together and try to take over the world. Then there is G.I. Joe, an elite military force that has to fight them off.

I just wanted to throw this idea out there and see what everyone thought and what your comments might be on this!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FedSen

Mind you I LOVE Joe, and all of his reincarnations, especially the most hillarious You Tube clips of the commercials they made with the series, just hillarious.

Look up Body Massage GI Joe, and you'll understand.

Anyway, back to your theory, it is kind of a Conspiracy Theorist's cartoon in the sense that it does talk about alot of things that some people believe to be true. The reptilians the government, the tech.

I did read somewhere that everything that was ever created by TV and the Movies were all truths wrapped in lies. I believe that statement more and more everyday.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FedSen

This has been mentioned a few times in a the cartoon threads on BTS but there is also this thread back from 2006 that was all about the GI Joe/Cobra/NWO topic so may be of interest to you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
hmm i wonder if the new G.I. JOE movie coming out this summer will have a reptilian twist..........

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't know if it will stay with the reptillian twist to it or not but I have heard that they are not calling Cobra a terrorist group in the movie and also G.I. Joe is not an American military group but more of a U.N. group. In fact I think they have GI Joe standing for something along the lines of Global I..Joint Operations E... not sure the exact title but its not what it was originally in the cartoons.
You konw how it is, they have to make certain things a bit more politically correct these days.

Also from the above replys, thanks for the link to the other thread on this subject...very interesting indeed.
It is also interesting how a lot of things on TV or in movies can be truthful to a point where it might try to desensitize us to an upcoming event.

join