It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry and Colonel caught in a lie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
]

Shut the #, whiner. All you do is come here and cry. "Oh, the Colonel is abusing his power." One thing I truly hate is when a bitch tries to come across as a man It just bothers the # outta me. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop.

Shut the #? Im not familar with that terminology. I do come here and cry that cause your a bitch and a bad mod. #ing anyone can see that. Anyone could do a better job than you.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
People lie, newbs suck, mods abuse power. Qed. Back to peace and good times all?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
the point is that one of those statments is false think of this: who would the press/E.L.F. nuts call an earth ruining, gas guzing, poluting jerk. I kerry owned up to owning an SUV than he may lose the enviromentalist nut job vote, Lord forbid. Too pass the buck on the family is easier, if further asked he could then say, I didin't want one (appealin to enviros), but my wife bought it.

Thats my take at least.

If thats your take you failed the test. All statements are true.
He is not lieing,just being clever with words. Kind of refreshing compared to the competitions butchering of the english language.

Well, at least we all know that if Colonel ever leaves our ranks, he'll have a successor

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Look, I confess. I didn't read the last couple pages of this because quite frankly, I was lazy and in a hurry so if someone else mentioned this, I'm sorry. kerry does own an SUV and so did Algore, probably many of them. Their ownership is justified because they are them and you are not. Babs Streisand probably owns one too and while she was telling us all to use less electricity, she was heating a pool and sauna and had a light bill through the roof. You people just don't seem to understand that the rules an eleitist make are for us not them. Its okay for them because we don't understand the problems they face and the reasons they must be exceptions to the rule. Know your role, people.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Look, I confess. I didn't read the last couple pages of this because quite frankly, I was lazy and in a hurry so if someone else mentioned this, I'm sorry. kerry does own an SUV and so did Algore, probably many of them. Their ownership is justified because they are them and you are not. Babs Streisand probably owns one too and while she was telling us all to use less electricity, she was heating a pool and sauna and had a light bill through the roof. You people just don't seem to understand that the rules an eleitist make are for us not them. Its okay for them because we don't understand the problems they face and the reasons they must be exceptions to the rule. Know your role, people.

You must be joking.

The issues here are

1) At one press conference, Kerry said he owned an SUV. At another, he said he did not. When called upon, he fluttered out a BS excuse.
2) Colonel decided he doesn't like that both sides of the political spectrum are #ty, so he went on some rant about how this was not newsworthy, and said he would enver make a thread about a little white lie. Junglejake called him out, posting a thread Colonel made about a poem Bush plagiarized, calling Republicans "eaters of rancid flesh." Colonel proceeded to so spew some rhetorical BS, trying to dodge his mistake. Colonel caused himself to lose that little shred fo respect I had for him (doubt he cares, though) because the man just cannot admit he made a msitake and that the Dem's aren't #ing angels.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Is Kerry unelectable because he took a bumble line on SUV ownership? No, of course not.
I also fail to see the issue with SUV's: Many people have them because of their utility, with a far smaller percentage owning them out of conspicuous consumption.
I happen to have my primary residence in the Hudson Valley/Catskill Mt. region of NY state. We can get storms up here that will drop above 30 inches of snow. Screw me because I care about the environment yet want to get out of my driveway in a blizzard!?!
Also, 20 yrs ago my first car was a 1971 V8 4 door Cutlass. My full size Tahoe gets better mileage than that old Cutlass did. Still bad for owning an SUV?
Blame Detroit: 4 years ago Dodge said they were putting a gas/electric hybrid into the Durango that was getting 30 MPG. I've been waiting to buy one, but they haven't made it available yet......why?
My father has worked most of his life for GM. I know the time it takes to turn over the line for a new product. THey can do this now, yet feel no obligation to do so because they haven't gotten the pressure from the federal government.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Bout Time, I don't think anyone is questioning your need for the vehicle you prefer. Those rules are for the rest of us because our transportation needs could not possibly warrant such a vehicle. Your vehicel, Kerry's vehicle, Babs vehicle...none of my business because you all have the right to your privacy and reasons for needing them. Who am I to have an opinion? Of course, I on the other hand and the other 75% of the population who fall into the non-elite catagory can rest easy knowing that the rest of you are perfectly capable of making the rules that we abide by. No one expects you all to keep to the same standards. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a trip planned for today (work related) and my 4 banger awaits.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Is Kerry unelectable because he took a bumble line on SUV ownership? No, of course not.

What is with you people?

No, it doesn't make Kerry unelectable. No, it's not in any way comprable to the Iraq War. But that's not the issue. The issue is that he lied, and didn't even do a good job of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ok, my turn to step back into this issue, after all, I did start this thread (Really busy, fun weekend!)

My point was not that Kerry lied about driving/owning an SUV. First off, I think it really shows how much faith we can put into Kerry's promises. He was showboating in Detroit, talking about all the cars he has, and how wonderful it is (never mentioned his personal jet, though I'm sure it was already going in that direction to take his family somewhere, and he just hitched a ride.) However, when he went to address an environmental crowd 2 months later on Earth Day, he suddenly didn't own his SUVs, his family did. I don't know, I would call this a lie, rather then a "crafty" use of the truth. Whose name is on the titles? "The Kerry Family"? Not a legal entity, couldn't be that...

Why is this significant? It shows that he is willing to change his stances based on the crowd he's before, not on what he's actually going to do if he comes into office. George Bush Sr. did the same thing durring the 1st campaign trail (I'm sure all of you who love Kerry wouldn't have jumped all over that one). Dan Quayle, durring a debate with Al Gore, decimated him in the debate -- by making up page numbers and "facts" coming out of Gore's book. Bill Clinton did the same thing durring his 2 campaigns. Heck, Clinton did it durring his second term. Kerry's following the same mold, and sadly, the lies work for the average American, who only listens to the soundbytes presented on the 10 O'Clock news.

This was only one instance. This is one where he really screwed up, because there was such a short timeframe between the two statements. How many other times has Kerry done the same, but in a less obvious way? We can nail him on several issues if we take his voting record and compare it to what he's saying now.

Kerry is now trying to come off as a tough on terror guy. It's the only way he's going to be able to win, since that's one of the primary things on American's minds. And I'll give credit where credit is due: Kerry did vote to invade Afghanistan, and he voted to go to war with Iraq. However, every time a weapon system has come before the legislative branch for a vote, Kerry has voted it down. He voted down the Patriot missle because, I guess, our troops didn't really need to worry about scuds hitting them, we have enough soldiers to go around (at the time the bill was introduced, the partiot missle system was supposed to be a lot more effective than it turned out to be in Iraq 1. Since then, and since Israel found a major bug in the software for us durring Gulf war 1, it has become a lot more effective.) Yet, Kerry spouts on about how he cares about the American fighting (wo)man.

As to the issue with Colonel, I think it shows how someone's bias can truely blind them to the faults of their own party. This one doesn't matter, no one can draw any ideas from something so simple as lying to make people happy. Yet months before, it was acceptable to attack Laura Bush for implying that GW had written her a poem, which is totally insignifigant (as far as I can see, please, if it is relavant, I'm not going to run, hide, and say so what, if you can present a good arguement) to the presidancy and politics.

Do we see a double standard here?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
The issue is that he lied.

I hear what you are saying. Everyone lies. You cant say you dont or havent. that would be a lie.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Spittin Cobra: This is what I'm talking about. To say that you haven't lied at one point or another is, in fact, a lie. Furthermore, this SUV thing is just such a bogus topic to discuss b/c NOBODY DIED in this lie. NOBODY DIED when someone "did not have sexual relations with that woman." However, we have thousands of dead and dying because of the lie that "Saddam posed an imminent and dangerous threat." If he was so fearsome. why did we conquer Iraq in like 2 weeks?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Did you ever read this:

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Find it and more at:

www.glennbeck.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Spittin Cobra: This is what I'm talking about. To say that you haven't lied at one point or another is, in fact, a lie. Furthermore, this SUV thing is just such a bogus topic to discuss b/c NOBODY DIED in this lie. NOBODY DIED when someone "did not have sexual relations with that woman." However, we have thousands of dead and dying because of the lie that "Saddam posed an imminent and dangerous threat." (Unless you count those poor Iraqis who were bombed to distract from the dress) If he was so fearsome. why did we conquer Iraq in like 2 weeks?

No body died in the poem lie, either. Yet you deemed it worthy of a thread. Not only that, but you deemed it worth some of the nastiest insults I've seen come out of your fingers. Face it, Colonel, the issue isn't "SUVs don't matter" here, the issue is "It was a democrat who lied, but they don't lie, so this is a worthless thread".

Double Standard.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

No body died in the poem lie, either. Yet you deemed it worthy of a thread. Not only that, but you deemed it worth some of the nastiest insults I've seen come out of your fingers. Face it, Colonel, the issue isn't "SUVs don't matter" here, the issue is "It was a democrat who lied, but they don't lie, so this is a worthless thread".

Double Standard.

NO, YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN! The poem was important to bring up because it shows that the Bush Crime Family will blatantly tell a bold-face LIE about anything and everything. It slips off their lips like vomit. See, if you lie constantly and repeatedly, then even the smallest lie becomes important as it has withthe Bush Crime Family.

This SUV thing is just a nonissue of Kerry being caught like a deer in the headlights.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

NO, YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN! The poem was important to bring up because it shows that the Bush Crime Family will blatantly tell a bold-face LIE about anything and everything. It slips off their lips like vomit. See, if you lie constantly and repeatedly, then even the smallest lie becomes important as it has withthe Bush Crime Family.

This SUV thing is just a nonissue of Kerry being caught like a deer in the headlights.

Ok, Colonel, I'll stop digging your grave, you're doing a good enough job without me

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No, you're wrong. See, if a guy tells an untruth once about something no one really cares about, then its a nonissue. But, if someone from the Bush Crime Family lies continually about the same thing (WMD) repeatedly over a couple of years and this results in the death of thousands, then that is something else entirely.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No, you're wrong. See, if a guy tells an untruth once about something no one really cares about, then its a nonissue. But, if someone from the Bush Crime Family lies continually about the same thing (WMD) repeatedly over a couple of years and this results in the death of thousands, then that is something else entirely.

Who cares if GW wrote a poem or not? Oh, yes, I forgot, saying a poem was written by someone caused thousands of deaths in Iraq. Whoops, couldn't connect the dots.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
No, you're missing the point and I think you're doing it on purpose. The point is this: If Laura lied about the poem and that's ALL the Bush Crime Family lied aboot, then it wouldn't be worth mentioning. But, the fact is, these people have a PATTERN of lying about everything and that's why its important to bring the poem to light as just another example of this lying administration.

Kerry again remains a nonissue.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Kerry's claim to have been favored by foriegn leaders he had met to win the presidency. CNN did a search to see if Kerry had met with any foriegn leaders during his cantidacy and could not find any instance. Unless he comes out to say who these leaders are that he met, I assume that this is a bald faced lie.

John O'Neill (served in the same unit as John Kerry on the Navy's swift boats in the Macon River Delta region and has first-hand knowledge of events where John Kerry served) charges that Senator John Kerry betrayed the truth and lied when making sensational charges about alleged "war crimes" by American servicemen as a cyncial ploy to jump-start Kerry's election campaign for Congress. Kerry invented the charges, O'Neill believes, as a public relations stunt to run for his first election as a Congressman.

In 1990, running for reelection to the Senate, he donated $1,835 to charity. After winning, he ponied up a total of $975 in the next three years.

And now let's look at how close he is to the people he claims to represent:

On Nantucket Island, for a $9.1 million beachfront "cottage," technically owned by Windy Point Trust, she pays $23,552.09 a year in property taxes.

In Pittsburgh, she owns a $3.1-million home on Squaw Run Road, a name that would definitely not be tolerated if a Republican lived there. The taxes are $14,632.80.

In Georgetown, her O Street mansion is worth $4.3 million, and costs her $41,627.14 annually in D.C. property taxes.

In Boston, she purchased a palace on Beacon Hill with an assessed value of $6.4 million, and was kind enough to put her 60-year-old husband's name on the deed. Annual property taxes: $62,794.08.

In Idaho, she hobnobs with her fellow Beautiful People in the only county in Idaho to vote for Al Gore in 2000. Her rebuilt barn, "outsourced" from the U.K., is assessed at $2.7l6 million, and her annual real-estate taxes are $30,728.78.

That's close to $175,000 a year in property taxes alone, but Teresa has no cash-flow woes.

Much has been written of the senator's 42-foot Hinckley powerboat, which cost at least $800,000. Less noticed has been Teresa's much more expensive plaything - a Gulfstream V private jet. It's named the Flying Squirrel, not after Bulwinkle's pal Rocky, but after her favorite ski run in Sun Valley.

Aviation industry sources say the Flying Squirrel is worth about $35 million. It's the deluxe model .

"To charter a Gulfstream V costs $5,000 to $6,000 an hour," says one pilot. "Hers has everything - plasma TV, two bathrooms, fancy mahogany and burlwood paneling, gold-plated fixtures."

The only possible aviation upgrade, in other words, would be Air Force One. Which would certainly reduce the Widow Heinz's household expenses.

A man of the people, for the people? :shk: What a stand up guy.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Whether Kerry has an SUV or not is irrevelvant to environmental concerns. CO2 is a natural bi-product which is used by plant life for survival. Unless Kerry straight pipes his septic or dumps his trash in a stream, there is no harm to the environment. I doubt he does either but thousands in the US do everyday. We are so hung up on mandating aspects of people lives including and especially what kind of car they drive in the name of the environment that we allow true threats such as these to go unchecked. Why? Because the perpetrators aren't politically the right people to target.

The whole SUV thing is a red herring. Either take to task the true environmental concerns or unmasks yourselves for what you are. Mostly political activists with little or no scientific knowledge of ecology who have stumbled on a weapon to further your agenda. CO2 is not a threat.

Who would have ever dreamed I'd be on The Colonel's side of the argument. Defending Kerry's right to have his SUV and drive it too. Of course, I'm not advocating that the rest of are justified in buying one. Only the elite who write the standards for the rest of us. Its kinda like how a cop gets to speed all over the place but can punish anyone for it. Its for our own good but he is excluded because he is the enforcer. Such is with the enviros. They go out and picket a power plant then go to Starbucks and use its power to brew their java. Its not hypocrisy, we just don't don't fully understand their rational.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by astrocreep]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join