It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant- What is it really?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What is the ‘Ark of the Covenant’?

The biblical Ark of the Covenant is a container that is said to hold the tablets with the Ten Commandments written on them, Aaron’s rod and his ‘mana’. Some legends have it that the structure was made completely with wood, while others (the more known) have it as being made out of solid gold, more recent studies have it as a combination of both. The Ark is said to have 2 cherubim (angels) sculptured on top, the arch-angels Michael and Gabriel. God apparently spoke to Moses through the 2 angels on top of the Ark:

And there I will meet with thee, and I will speak with thee from above the ark-cover, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel. Ex 25:22

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7915271237b5.png[/atsimg]

It is still unclear as to what kind of literary communication is being referred to here.

Who built the Ark?

The construction of the Ark was said to have taken place while the Jews were still camped in Sinai. It was, according to the Bible, commanded by God to Moses. The Ark was a box with the dimensions of two-and-a-half cubits in length, by one-and-a-half cubits in heights, by one-and-a-half cubits in width. The Ark was built by Bezalel, son of Uri, son of Hur, who constructed the entire Tabernacle – the portable Temple used in the desert and during the conquest of the land of Israel. The Tabernacle was the resting place for the Ark, and also contained other vessels that were used in the physical worship of God.

What is held in the Ark?

The stone tablets with the God’s Ten Commandments are said to be housed inside, along with Aaron’s rod and his ‘mana’ (food from the heavens??). It was later said that Aaron’s items were removed and that only the tablets lay inside. Mystery surrounds what is actually inside the Ark, since there have been legends that the Ark could kill you if it touched you. Many descriptions of the Ark seem to depict a weapon of war; it used to be carried onto battlefields to ‘secure’ victories. Some theories hint at some radioactive presence within the Ark.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b3b0bf226ba.png[/atsimg]

Where is the Ark now?

The most recent location to raise its hand as the keepers of the Ark is a temple in Ethiopia. The Church of Saint Mary of Zion in Axum is said to be where the Ark is housed now but only one high priest is allowed to enter and see the Ark itself. The priests that guard this Ark however have had very short life spans throughout history, many died due to burns, radiation poisoning and most of the high priests have gone blind.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a134124f5560.png[/atsimg]

Another rumoured location is South Africa. The Lemba people of South Africa and Zimbabwe believe they are Jewish descendants and that their descendants rescued the Ark from Jerusalem during times of great war and brought it to safety to Southern Africa. They called it the ngoma or the ‘voice of God’.

Other theories state the Ark is buried underneath the Temple Mount, the Sphinx and in the tube system in London.

Oddities of the Ark

With all the legends of the Ark all describe it as being carried on long poles and not being able to touch the ground. According to legend Aaron and his sons died simply by touching the Ark while it was on the floor. Recent studies have suggested that the Ark could have acted as a giant conductor of electricity. Gold, being one of the best conductors could have been super charged with the heat and even touching it could have been fatal. This electrical theory could explain why it wasn’t allowed to touch the floor, making contact with the floor would ‘ground’ it and it would lose all its stored charge. Still, this electrical theory doesn’t explain why throughout history the carriers of the Ark were burned by simply being in its presence, acquired cancerous boils, gone blind if its covers were removed and suffered fatal skin rashes. Even if it was in some way an electrical device – where did the knowledge to build it come from?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89346da5b9ab.png[/atsimg]

An interesting theory as to why the Ark, throughout history, has had such closely collaborating legends to the modern effects of radiation comes down to the origins of its contents. The ‘stone’ tablets which had Gods commandments written on them.

16. And it came to pass on the third day, when it was morning, that there were thunders and lightnings and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of a horn exceeding loud; and all the people that were in the camp trembled.
17. And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.
18. Now Mount Sinai was altogether on smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire; and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly
19. And when the voice of the horn waxed louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God answered him by a voice
20. And the LORD came down upon Mount Sinai, to the top of the mount; and the LORD called Moses to the top of the mount; and Moses went up.

It just sounds strange to me, but the above passages either depict a volcanic eruption, or better yet, a meteorite. A radioactive meteorite falling onto Mount Sinai could be a valid explanation as to why the Ark could have such properties. The stone tablets could have very well been made out of radioactive meteorite. It was also referenced that the Ark was used as some kind of ‘beacon’, or source of light:

So they set out from the mountain of the LORD and traveled for three days. The ark of the covenant of the LORD went before them during those three days to find them a place to rest. Num 10:32-34

But it still fails to explain (logically) the story that the commandments were actually engraved onto the tablets. The Ark is called "the strength and glory of God"; and in Ps. 132:8, it is spoken of as "the ark of the strength of the Lord.", what kind of literary strength could this be referring to?

Continued...

[edit on 13/4/09 by serbsta]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The Ark in the Great Pyramid?

The size of the Ark as described in the Bible is the dimensions of two-and-a-half cubits in length, by one-and-a-half cubits in heights, by one-and-a-half cubits in width. Oddly enough these are the same dimensions as the stone chest coffer in the Kinds Chamber in the Great Pyramid. Just like the Ark was the only object in the Temple (while it was held there), so was the coffer in the Kings chamber. The pyramid was built and sealed before the days of Moses, so it isn’t easy to assemble a logical explanation for these dimensional oddities.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db2133a2bd43.png[/atsimg]

The purpose of the King’s coffer in the Kings chamber from Link:

The pyramid itself possessed its own force centers: the heart of the King's Chamber, its most vital and sacred points, where divine energy was concentrated and especially powerful. And other chambers not yet discovered. The candidate undergoing initiation was placed in the great granite sarcophagus in the King's Chamber at the August moment of the initiation rites (Note: the purpose of Initiation is to bestow upon the disciple certain molecular changes in the body to handle higher energy) because the sarcophagus was in direct alignment with the down pouring ray of cosmic light through the Ark in the Third Eye capstone. The voltage of such a fiery light ray could only be endured by one in whom the physical, emotional and spiritual forces were completely aligned and purified.

The Ark is of course, a vessel which holds a source of creational light.
Whatever the purpose of the Ark is, whether it truly exists or not, whether it is simply myth perpetuated by blind faith or something more divinely inspired, the stories and the mystery of the Ark will not die down.

Update: It has just been recently rumored that dictator Mugabe has stolen the fabled Ark of the Covenant. Source

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I just noticed something. From the pic you posted. The two cheribium on top. God said he will speak "through" the two cheribium. If you look at the "space" they make with thier arms it forms a pyramid.

More on this later!

But the pyramid is very big when it comes to gematria.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by a703o]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I personally think it's some kind of communication device for talking to "aliens" but that's just me. And alot of other people probably.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Anyone else got any ideas on this?

Dam, thought this would interest more people. Ah well, its here for whos interested.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
First off, great post, star and flag

Secondly, I believe, like the user above, that it was/is some kind of device for communicating with aliens. I think that the sheer amount of energy that would have to be contained/given off by such a device would inevitably give some of the properties that you decribe in the "oddities" section of your post.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

well the ark contained the ten commandments written by God , i guess thats y its so powerful. not really sure thats my opnion.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The Ark probably had Mfzkt (see High-electron spin gold/white powder gold), put inside it as a fuel cell and acted like some high-powered electromagnetic cell. Cerubim are placed, alternatives to electrodes?
Construction was written to be Acacia( #tim) wood, dressed with beaten pure gold. See Exodus 25:10.
Possible resting places include: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Roslyn chapel, Rosslyn, Temple, Scotland ( see floor plan and history of construction- attribute Herods temple Jerusalem.
Unknown device of oracular power, in the same realm as other old testament/ancient technologies; eg; the breastplate of Aaron.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hi all ...

It is said that within the Ark is the ultimate power. It is also said that it is a communciation device. It is also said that it could and did destroy armies but did you notice it never said killed it said destroyed. So here it is I hope you enjoy the knowing.

The Ark of The Covenant is simply the heart of man, all men.

And within his heart is the ultimate power and what is this ultimate power ... it is but The Truth

And where was The Ark hidden? It was hidden in the most sacred of places, it was hidden in the Holies of Holies of the temple ... and this temple was ... simply ... the greatest temple of them all ... not The Temple of Man but The Temple ... THAT IS Man

And it has been said throughout time to search within yourself, within your heart for that is where the truth lies, within your heart, within your Ark and that is where "The Great Spirit" of Native Aemrican lore hid his greatest gift on the advice of The Mole for that is the very last place any of us would ever look ... for ... the greatest gift .... simply .... The Truth.

And The Truth I shall reveal very shortly.

Emhotep
Don Barone

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
S&F'd very interesting stuff.

If the construction and materials alone of the Ark give it it's properties is there some reason why it can't be recreated? The dimensions and materials are written in the Scriptures.

It's been supposed to resemble a battery and that's why if anyone touches it they die instantly. It also may weaken the boundaries between dimensions or a portal of some type allowing communication to the heavens or another plane or dimension.

I would sure love to see it placed in the Great Pyramid. That giant building has to do something special. Or destroy the world. I guess that would be special in it's own way.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahatmose
Hi all ...

It is said that within the Ark is the ultimate power. It is also said that it is a communciation device. It is also said that it could and did destroy armies but did you notice it never said killed it said destroyed. So here it is I hope you enjoy the knowing.

The Ark of The Covenant is simply the heart of man, all men.

And within his heart is the ultimate power and what is this ultimate power ... it is but The Truth

And where was The Ark hidden? It was hidden in the most sacred of places, it was hidden in the Holies of Holies of the temple ... and this temple was ... simply ... the greatest temple of them all ... not The Temple of Man but The Temple ... THAT IS Man

And it has been said throughout time to search within yourself, within your heart for that is where the truth lies, within your heart, within your Ark and that is where "The Great Spirit" of Native Aemrican lore hid his greatest gift on the advice of The Mole for that is the very last place any of us would ever look ... for ... the greatest gift .... simply .... The Truth.

And The Truth I shall reveal very shortly.

Emhotep
Don Barone

Thats an interesting notion and most likely isn't anything new. Personally i like to believe that the Ark is an actual physical object and not just a metaphorical reference to the truth within us.

@ jjkenobi: I remember watching a documentary on Discovery a few years ago (will try find link) and they tried to recreate the Ark to resemble the electrial-radioactive properties it was described as having. They couldnt do it... they came to a conclusion that the descriptions of the Ark's powers couldnt be anything natural or something that they could recreate.

I think thats the most interesting part of the whole mystery. The whole 'communication' idea. Its very interesting, the Bible reference to the communication of Moses and God through the Ark leaves a lot to the imagination.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That power is no longer in that ark ....the power of God dwelt in Jesus fully and that power is now in each and everyone who believes in Jesus ...the Holy Spirit is the power that was in the ark ...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The Ark is said to have 2 cherubim (angels) sculptured on top, the arch-angels Michael and Gabriel. God apparently spoke to Moses through the 2 angels on top of the Ark:

And there I will meet with thee, and I will speak with thee from above the ark-cover, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel. Ex 25:22

Having research Kabbalah a bit, this is something I found interesting. "Angels" in Kabbalah are actually "laws". So God spoke through the two laws, the left and the right. The left represents pain or egoistic "taking" and the right represents love and altruistic "giving". So the 2 angels, or laws, act on a person (Moses) through pain and pleasure and that is how God is to speak with us "from above the ark-cover".

I was curious about the characteristic of Michael (the left) and Gabriel (the right) and sure enough, I found something interesting.

Thus he (Gabriel) is throughout the angel of the Incarnation and of Consolation, and so in Christian tradition Gabriel is ever the angel of mercy while Michael is rather the angel of judgment.
www.newadvent.org...

In Kabbalah, the left side on the Tree of Life is called the Pillar of Judgement and the right side is called the Pillar of Mercy. The Sephirot "Din" on the left side translates as "Judgment" and Hesed translates into "Mercy". www.ucalgary.ca...

Sure enough, between Din and Hesed is Tiferet (Glory or beauty). And guess who Tiferet is identified with? Moses.

I find that sort of interesting. The depth of study you can go into to find truth is really astounding. Which is why I find most atheists lazy and not really looking for truth, but that is a whole different topic

[edit on 13-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12

The Ark is said to have 2 cherubim (angels) sculptured on top, the arch-angels Michael and Gabriel. God apparently spoke to Moses through the 2 angels on top of the Ark:

Having research Kabbalah a bit, this is something I found interesting. "Angels" in Kabbalah are actually "laws". So God spoke through the two laws, the left and the right. The left represents pain or egoistic "taking" and the right represents love and altruistic "giving". So the 2 angels, or laws, act on a person (Moses) through pain and pleasure and that is how God is to speak with us "from above the ark-cover".

I was curious about the characteristic of Michael (the left) and Gabriel (the right) and sure enough, I found something interesting.

Thus he (Gabriel) is throughout the angel of the Incarnation and of Consolation, and so in Christian tradition Gabriel is ever the angel of mercy while Michael is rather the angel of judgment.
www.newadvent.org...

In Kabbalah, the left side on the Tree of Life is called the Pillar of Judgement and the right side is called the Pillar of Mercy. The Sephirot "Din" on the left side translates as "Judgment" and Hesed translates into "Mercy". www.ucalgary.ca...

Sure enough, between Din and Hesed is Tiferet (Glory or beauty). And guess who Tiferet is identified with? Moses.

I find that sort of interesting. The depth of study you can go into to find truth is really astounding. Which is why I find most atheists lazy and not really looking for truth, but that is a whole different topic

Wow... That is pretty amazing. It makes sense that God spoke to Moses through Judgement and Mercy but then again, this relies on the idea that the Ark is not a physical object. It just doesnt make sense to describe the dimensions and materials of it for no reason. Your theory really amazes me though.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great post.

I have however my own theory on this topic. I'll be posting my own thread on the subject and I'll link it to this one for reference.
You have presented some very good information. I'm going to reread it and research some of the evidence you have presented S & F

[edit on 13-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think this article sums it up nicely ...

Ark of the Covenant: The History Behind it
The Ark of the Covenant is first mentioned in the Bible in Exodus 25. Following Israel's deliverance from slavery in Egypt, God instructs Moses to build a Tabernacle (or tent) in which the Israelites will worship God. Placed in a special area known as "the Holy of Holies," the Ark of the Covenant was the most sacred object in the Tabernacle. Detailed instructions were given by God to construct the Ark. It was to be made with acacia wood and overlaid with gold. Dimensionally, the Ark was to be 2.5 cubits (1 cubit is approximately 18 in.) long and 1.5 cubits wide and high. Atop the Ark were two gold cherubs that stood with their wings covering an area of the Ark known as the "Mercy Seat."

www.ark-of-the-covenant.com...

Hebrews 9 goes into detail in explaining the significance of the ark and Jesus Christ .
www.blueletterbible.org...

Mod Edit: To Trim An Excess Of Excerpted Material And Apply "ex" Tags For Proper Attribution.

1c.) Intellectual Property: You will not post any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, material previously posted by you on another website nor link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution, as defined by The Owners, to its original source. You will not use your postings on ATS to promote your own personal website or any other website with which you may be associated.
Terms and conditions

[edit on Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:23:35 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Wow... That is pretty amazing. It makes sense that God spoke to Moses through Judgement and Mercy but then again, this relies on the idea that the Ark is not a physical object. It just doesnt make sense to describe the dimensions and materials of it for no reason. Your theory really amazes me though.

I think is can be both physical and spiritual (or whatever word you want to use). Often the dimensions and materials are described for a reason, even if it wasn't a physical object. On one of the links I posted, Tiferet is also associated with gold. Gold of course being what the Ark is thought to have been made of. It's like Israel, it's both a corporeal place and noncorporeal. Kabbalah seems to use "As above, so below". So understanding one can help to understand the other it seems.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If the ark was real we'd be throwing so much famine relief at those ethiopians who "guard" it that we'd have them as a province ala PR or Guam.ark is a shady word anyway, does it mean ship? box? whatever.I think it not an object but a means of oppression. keeping otherwise rational ppl down. no ark, only the candy and soda I just ate. piece out, not peace

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
it is most certainly a devise used to communicate with god, or whatever particular god wanted to do the talking at the time ( yahew, enlil, enki ptah, marduk, ra, ninurta, whoever). So is it a microphone telephone thing or what? Knowbody knows for sure, when the gods left they most likely took all the more advanced technologys with them. The ark. kindo like an ark of electricity. would kill people if it was touched.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The process described in the Bible to do this is exactly the same process used to manufacture crystal meth and many other essential oils! Crystal meth is an essential oil of ephedra manufactured by the electrochemical reduction process, using muriatic acid, red sulfur as a base and ephedra. It is the same process. I note key similarities.

* The process of chemical reduction produces dangerous and explosive chemical gas
* When Uzzah reached out to touch it, he caused a static electricity spark and was smote by an explosion.
* The Ark of the Covenant was known to cause lethal explosions.
* Just like a crystal meth lab.

* The Ark of the Covenant was to be handled by special people.
* The tribe of Levi was to adorn heavy protective vests made of stones to protect them from an explosion.

* The Ark of the Covenant had to be handled in a special way
* They were only to approach the Ark from a distance with an open flame to reduce the chance of serious injury.
* They were to carry it three days ahead of them to reduce injury.
* They were to place it in a tent to funnel the explosive gas away.

found the original link

arkofthygodsstrength.com...

don't let the topic throw you off it's a very interesting read. down to the recipe and everything.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Mozzy]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join