It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Atheists care about religion?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'am an evolutionist I do not believe in creatism this is a great video.My childrens school and I have been going around and around with my childrens school for trying to teach them creatism.My daughter told the teacher that the bible was a great bedtime story but not reality she is 8 i have never pushed atheism on her it is her choice we just dont discuss religion it blows my mind that she came up with that.Maybe we are evolving again.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dee132423
My daughter told the teacher that the bible was a great bedtime story but not reality she is 8 i have never pushed atheism on her it is her choice we just dont discuss religion it blows my mind that she came up with that.

Awesome. What'd they say to that?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dee132423

dee.....that is a fabulous....no...better term....that is a 'great' story!!

Sounds like you are a great parent....!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Everyone believes in something.

Not necessarily, have you meet everyone?

I think that atheists worry about religion in case they got it wrong. Much safer to be an agnostic. Mind you, I despise agnostics because they are sitting on the fence and can jump either way. They are too scared to have an opinion.

Well firstly, everyone worries that they got it wrong. If God is real, that is his responsibility. I'm still waiting for God, but he has to show himself.

Secondly, agnostics have a perfectly respectable position. People shouldn't have to be coerced into making absolute conclusions. So shut ya face.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Sorry....I wrote, posted and had to come back....your daughter is only eight??? That is ....fourth grade?

She sounds very smart, likely due to great parenting.

If you have time, please review the entire series of the YTube linkys...Start with number one...watch each first, of course....some have language inappropriate for young children...but, only a few are that bad, and it's usually from the video clips that are invited in....

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I was called into the school and had to have a sit down with the principle.He was mine when I was there I suppose he thought I would be intimidated.After listening to his ramblings for 30mins with my daughter sitting there snickering he threatened to suspend her if she didnt stop and basically conform and I threatened a lawsuit.Alls been good for a couple of months now and this is a public school I could understand if it was private.
We live in a small town ran by the churches when there is a talent contest in our town the churches have to approve the songs first.I'am not kidding either.
These videos are quite good listening to the first one now and wow he caught alot of heat in the posts.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
She is in 2nd grade she was held back one year due to hyperactivity and since I refused to medicate her with ritilan she repeated kindergarten.
Edit:I try to be a good momma but like everone else I have my faults.I just believe to an extent you have to let your children choose their beliefs even if you don't agree with them lucky for me she chose mine.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by dee132423]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Woo Hoo, "shut ya face" is such an elegant thing to say...not.

I repeat, everyone believes in something, so prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

dee...not sure if you were writing back to me, or to someone else...

In any case, I would say, 'Please do not let the fact that your former 'Principal' who may have intimidated you, when YOU were in school, affect how you deal with him now. YOU are an adult, with a child...YOU are just as valid as HE is....HE can no longer intimidate you!

In fact, YOU have more control, as the Parent of your child!!!

Stand tall, and realize your strength!!

Good luck! Stay Strong!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh I do I have no problem standing up to him Its actually quite enjoyable.Not trying to sound sadistic though. We will be moving to texas most likely in the next year and they are actually trying to pass a bill in the state to teach creatism in school.I just seen a report yesterday that american children are hugely lacking in science and math well I wonder why.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Your on to something when you say that we all have believes. Have you ever heard the saying: The Mind has a Mind of its Own.

Well it does. You dont control the mind the mind controls you. If the mind cant remember you can't know. Remembering is the whole clue to knowledge of function.

Just ask him if he believes in ageing or if he can fuction to a degree. If he say no he must be wired wrong.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Try this on....

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Hey, spy, thanks for supporting me.

I thought we were having a good discussion until he said "shut ya face" and I couldn't believe how rude that was.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

OK...well, safe travels to your new destination.

Not sure where you're moving from, but in Texas....well, seems you;ll fit right in....safe journey, agin'.....

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I can't believe I just read all this back and forth... anyway, atheists care about Christianity because they want to believe but can't find the doorway to faith. Christians aren't persecuting atheists just as the majority of atheists are not persecuting Christians. But there will always be the exception to the rule and that is what we talk about.

Atheists need and want Christians. They could care less about the Bhudda or allah, or any other God. Only the Christian God stands out. For instance, when have you ever seen here on the ATS a thread where atheists bring up topics for discussion on the god of Islam, or on the Hindus. If so it is rare and only in reference to diminish the Christian God of the Bible.

Yes... atheists care deeply about religion, but only the Christian religion because it has staying power and a pull that is hard to resist though they try.

Massive wishful thinking going on here. You are the one with "faith", and that blinds you to reality.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Lots of massive wishful thinking....

I can be Secular...I have a great capacity to think 'outside the box'!

Don't need, have no desire for some Magical Mystery Tour to 'watch' over me....

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

We have a saying round these parts; "Oh go have a cry."
...Rude phhh. "I detest agnostics because they uncertain."

The burden of proof is on you, mate. You made the silly claim.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

OMG,

This is so funny.

So...you believe in nothing?

If so, you believe in something.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

OMG,

This is so funny.

So...you believe in nothing?

If so, you believe in something.

False dichotomy. The Faithful are addicted to religion and can't believe anybody is NOT addicted. Dragging us down to that level is feeble. And it won't work. Even you don't believe it.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

You consider nothing something, in regard to spirituality. If you do, then yes, everyone believes in "something", cept that's the most pointless, and meaningless statement ever.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join