It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Atheists care about religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Darn! I keep saying flat. I meant to say ROUND!!!!!! Sorry hope that clears it up. that post was supposed to be for a correction.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm very aware of the fact that politicians use and exploit religion to gain support for anything they might muster up, then turn completely around and go against them. Bush did this to Evangelicals, but the way he describes God its almost like he goes to Him for power or something. (Was the Skulls movie trying to hint at the real life SKull and Bones?) George Bush and Kerry were both in Skull and Bones, and thus no matter who won we'd get a Bonesman. Their beliefs are wildly Satanic. Why are these people in office? So it goes to show that politicians and the government favor neither Christians (or just religion) or atheists. They do what suites their best interest

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lastxdance

It's not so mush the government that it the problem in this case, it's the general bigotry of Christian America today. I don't care what you believe as long as you don't come knocking on my door on saturday mornings, deliberately bothering me. I'm looking at you, Mormons!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastxdance
I'm very aware of the fact that politicians use and exploit religion to gain support for anything they might muster up, then turn completely around and go against them. Bush did this to Evangelicals, but the way he describes God its almost like he goes to Him for power or something. (Was the Skulls movie trying to hint at the real life SKull and Bones?) George Bush and Kerry were both in Skull and Bones, and thus no matter who won we'd get a Bonesman. Their beliefs are wildly Satanic. Why are these people in office? So it goes to show that politicians and the government favor neither Christians (or just religion) or atheists. They do what suites their best interest

Politicians are very aware that most people are reflexively religion rather than actually religious. So they play to that reflex. It's just a way to get their party re-elected.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'm sorry I've been throwing religion in my posts for a few days now. By the way the light in Genesis refers to the light of the Big Bang. Anyhow, I'll stay strictly subjective and objective for conclusive proof of things and such to suit the way ATS was back in the day from now on. I used to post anonymously till I finally decided to join in 2008, just to throw in some insight. This is before I turned to religion. I'll keep religion away from my posts, but why is this in the Conspiracies in Religion forums if its about atheists and religion? Since there is no real religious forum on here, I use whatever threads say religion that are available.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

"By the way the light in Genesis refers to the light of the Big Bang."

How do you come by this? Divine revelation? Bronze Age science is not really relevant now.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The almighty mods decreed it be here. You don't thing it belongs here? I think this is the most suitable place. This effectively isn't about the semantics of the religious beliefs, but he separation of church and state, and those undermined by hard Christian agenda.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Lots of atheists are not sincere about atheism. They are simply rebelling against something else, usually the Catholic Church.

Atheism is an existentialist nihilistic principle, which intrinsically lends itself to uncivil behavior. In other words, there's no compelling reason for an atheist to respect anybody. Even people who believe in the Law of Returns are not true atheists per se.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is why atheists dont believe in God. Even this comedian has some good points worth thinking about.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

plutarch said that in his day one might travel the world over, and still would no be able to find a city without temples and gods. it is truethat the atheist says there is no god, and the agnostic says he can"t tell whether there is god or not, and the materialist says he can get along without god, but , you know, it is actually questionable whether there are any atheist. there are so many men who say there is no god, but it is one thing to talk about disbelief in god,and to argue about it, and to boast about it, but it"s another thing to no really believe in god. HUME (WHO IS AS A SKEPTIC)IS REPORTED TO HAVE SAID TO ADAM FERGUSON, AS THEY LOOKED UP INTO THE STARRY HEAVENS, "ADAM, THERE IS A GOD" VOLTAIRE (THE ATHEIST) AT ONE TIME, PRAYED TO GOD DURING A THUNDERSTORM,INGERSOLL(WHEN CHARGED WITH BEING AN ATHEIST) REFUTED THE CHARGE, SAYING,IM NOT AN ATHEIST. I DO NOT SAY THERE IS NO GOD. IM AN AGNOSTIC;I DO NOT KNOW THAT THERE IS A GOD,AND SO I SAY IT IS QUESTIONABLE WHETHER THERE ARE ANY NATURAL ATHEIST, BECAUSE MEN SEEM TO BE BORN WITH AND INDWELLING SENSE OF GOD,I THINK EVERY PERSON, BOTH YOUNG AND OLD, OF EVERY RACE AND COLOR, NATURALLY BELIEVES IN GOD, OR IN A SUPREME BEING OF SOME KIND, IF HE IS ENDOWED WITH A NORMAL MIND, WE FIND A LONGING FOR GOD IN HEARTS ALL OVER THE WORLD.FOR THIS IF YOU READ THE BILBLE YOU CAN FIND THERE THE MAJESTY OF GODDDDDDDDDDDD

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
THIS IS FOR ALL THE PERSONS SAY, THERE ARE ATHIST, BUT HE CALLING HIM WHENGOD BLESS YOU, ELVIS P, SINGING TO GOD, WHEN YOU CALL HIM

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bilmerys

You god-botherers may not be able to get along without a god, but I've done quite well since I was seven. No reason to need one, no problem without one. Get over it and grow up. Fairy and pixies do NOT live in your garden.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
SORRY MY DEAR GOD IS GOD , AND IM SURE HE WILL BE GOD YOU BELIEVE OR NO BELIVE IN HIM, SO SO SO SORRY, GOD BLESS YOU, MAYBE YOU HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH YOURSELF, BUT BELIEVE ME, MAYBE ONE DAY SOON I CAN TO SHOW YOU HERE THE MAJESTY OF GOD, BUT THE TRUE YOU BELIEVE OR NO BELIVE HE WILL BE GOD FOR EVER AND EVER

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So, you really can't get along with the Great Sky Fairy? Do you also believe in Big Foot? The Loch Ness Monster? We have "pictures" of them, but none of the GSF.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
IN THE LIFE YOU CAN BE ALONE BUT NO LONELY,IM

[edit on 11-4-2009 by bilmerys]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ah, yet again the God Squad runs off. Lack the courage of your convictions? After you're gelatinous world will be shaken? You should be.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

You've done so well, and yet the word "gawd" is in your username.

You don't know why people worship a God, that's the exact reason why you should learn instead of dismissing it as foolish.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

The word zilla is in my username as well. Do you worship Zilla? If not, then you're going to Hell for sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by Gawdzilla

You've done so well, and yet the word "gawd" is in your username.

You don't know why people worship a God, that's the exact reason why you should learn instead of dismissing it as foolish.

Oh, and I don't think worshiping the Great Sky Fairy is foolish.

Just stupid and a waste of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join