It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Black Cat Sightings in NY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I didn't see any other threads on this topic, so pardon if someone else has already posted this. A mysterious "Black Panther" has apparently been seen recently prowling a suburb of NYC. Here's the article:

Mystery Of Big Black Cat Deepens In NY Suburb

Looks weird. Not like any wild or domestic cat I've seen before, especially not the size of "larger than mid-size dogs".

Thoughts? Updates I haven't seen?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
OP didn't quite turn out as planned, but everything's there. Sorry if it looks a bit clumsy.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
very interesting! welcome to the real world new york!

black cats!

more.

watch the video these animals mean business..

if it is an animal??

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I find it frustratingly hilarious that the NY Wildlife Officials attempt to explain away the "Big Cat" sightings by telling people they are most like witnessing a "Large Coyote, or Bobcat". These are the very same Officials who claim that Eastern Timber Wolves live in Montreal, Canada (Quebec Province), but they never cross the border into New York lol. I witnessed a HUGE Wolf in UpState New York before, but according to the "Experts", it absolutely just had to be a mistaken Coyote.

They keep on denying the existence of Mountain Lions on the East Coast now-a-days, but talk to any Rangers or Experienced Woodland individuals, and they will tell you that such animals are in fact still living in the Region.

It is the typical same old policy of: "If it does not exist, then what is there to Protect you from?"

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wouldn't suprise me, especially after the confirmation that big cates are indeed living and on the loose over here in England. Aswell as some Bear sightings un Suffolk over here aswell!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I just found this by chance, gents. WOW. About three years ago, in a suburb in CT, not too far from NYC my mother AND her sister both saw this creature withing a week time frame. They saw it different evenings, prowling the same area outside the house. They called DEP - they sent some DEC agent who checked around : gues what, they were crazy, haw haw. Later that week the bastard was rummaing through sombodies garage and got up-close and personal with the family.

IT is true...no point arguing over it as it is wordly...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Oh thats just my cat Shadow

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They had these in New Jersey for years near my old home town.

It was near an amusement park.

Turns out there was a Black Panther escaped from the park, and wandering around. The park kept their mouths shut and hoped it died before It got caught eating someone's child.

Scary stuff. Is there a zoo or animal park near these sightings. Like within 15 miles?

My home was about 15 miles from the amusement park as the crow flys.

Those things can travel given the time

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Probably a Panther that went Awol (spelling? lol) from the Bronx Zoo.

If they even have panthers...idk....I gave it a try lol.

But I suppose that would have been reported and there would be no mystery eh?

[edit on 4/22/2009 by Shakezoola]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've seen one. West Nyack, NY in 2001. Large elongated black cat thing slinking along the ground in my then-current home's backyard during a full moon. The full moon was the only way I was even able to see this thing. Not only did I see it, but it was snarling and growling with the same noise you hear on National Geographic when they are covering jaguars, panthers, lynx's and the like.

It crept into the wooded portion of my backyard and then I watched it run up a tree. The thing's legs were on both sides of the trunk as it ran up and disappeared in the foliage. It was then I decided to shut my window and go to bed. If that thing could run up a tree like that then it could easily hop into my window.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
circus or zoo animal that escaped. i doesnt seem all that mysterious to me. what new york needs to do is to stop trying to assess what it is or try to cover it up and just keep animal facilities in better condition

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RR98

Looks weird. Not like any wild or domestic cat I've seen before, especially not the size of "larger than mid-size dogs".

Thoughts? Updates I haven't seen?

If you're talking about the picture, it says in the video that the picture is a jaguar, just using the image as a "generic black cat."

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Two weeks ago on my way to work i saw a large black animal in a field about 2 miles from my house. This morning I saw it again, same time, same place. this time i stopped to watch. It was indeed a large black feline. I was able to see it clearly. I was about 70 yards away and I took a video of it with my blackberrys. The video is really bad but you can see something..

the field it was in has grass about 18 to 24 inches high and this animal was showing above the grass. At one point I was able to easily see its long thick black tail...

I went back there after work to look for signs like paw prints.. The grass was way to thick and i was unable to find anything..

I will from now on have a much more advanced camera in my car and hope I see it again..

The location is Stormville, NY in Dutchess county

[edit on 28-4-2009 by kkekckbk]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow you are certainly far more courageous than me!

You could not pay me to go out into that field to look for prints.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow you are certainly far more courageous than me!

You could not pay me to go out into that field to look for prints.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
There have been numerous sightings in Poland. Based on these reports, the animal seems to be traveling from the south parts of the country to the north. Yesterday, my mom said she saw something black and fast running behind the bushes. We laughed that it was the black puma... only when I read later that day reports of similar sightings on a local website, I felt odd and little scared
Some people claim they clearly saw a big black cat.

It seems these big cat sightings occur all over the world. What could it be? Are these animals migrating to the north? I don't believe these cats ran from a zoo or something like that, because they show up countries that are just too far away from each other. Poland is in Central Europe - it's pretty far away the US and not too close to UK

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I find it frustratingly hilarious that the NY Wildlife Officials attempt to explain away the "Big Cat" sightings by telling people they are most like witnessing a "Large Coyote, or Bobcat". These are the very same Officials who claim that Eastern Timber Wolves live in Montreal, Canada (Quebec Province), but they never cross the border into New York lol. I witnessed a HUGE Wolf in UpState New York before, but according to the "Experts", it absolutely just had to be a mistaken Coyote.

They keep on denying the existence of Mountain Lions on the East Coast now-a-days, but talk to any Rangers or Experienced Woodland individuals, and they will tell you that such animals are in fact still living in the Region.

It is the typical same old policy of: "If it does not exist, then what is there to Protect you from?"

Didn't British government deny for years that ABC's were prowling around, but recently said that they were?

I agree that it's a case that the management agencies don't want to

A. Have people panic that a large predator is prowling the 'burbs
B. Thus have to spend time and money removing them as a public hazard. I somewhat agree. After all, as far as I can tell nobody has been attacked by one yet.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just curious but what percentage of the east coast had mountain lions; I know that the Mid Atlantic (DC, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware) and southern Penn. had eastern cougars at one point and they haven't official put the eastern cougar on the extinct species list because every few years authorities get claims of these animals in different parts of the Mid Atlantic; is it possible we didn't drive them extinct like they claim.

i remember a few years ago there was a article in the Washington Post that spoke about the eastern cougar and how DC & Maryland refused to have it named extinct

People haven't really been all over the east coast that long and we just started really moving into some portions in the higher mountains in the 100 years is it possible that these animals left the areas we claimed for housing and moved up into the hills.

There is plenty of land from Canada on down to South Carolina that has not had constant human control of it. I could see a cougar, bear whatever migrating over the past 200 years from one end to the other in the mountains.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What makes these sightings more mysterious...is that according to the History Channel...."Experts" all over the country claim black panthers don't exist, period. They say we all are seeing oversized domestic cats. Yet, most states have laws on the books stating that if you kill a black panther, you will be slapped with a fine and jail time....because they're protected....but they don't exist. Funny how things that don't exist according to the government, find protection within the laws.

Your moment of Zen completed ;-)

And yes, I have seen them. When I was growing up, my parents raised pigs. During summer months, we had to chase 2 panthers off with high powered rifles. ....before sunset. So yeah, we got a great look at them. Lol, silly "experts".....go back to school.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RR98

When I was younger, my friend and I had many experiences with a strange "black panther" creature in our neighborhood. We first saw it when playing up on this hill where no one lived, lots of tall grass and such. It scared us real bad by suddenly popping up about 3 yards behind us and growling, so we ran down that hill as fast as we could, looked back, and there was nothing there. About 2 weeks later, my friend's pet rabbit (which they kept outside in a wooden cage) turned up missing, the cage broken, and all they found was the gnarled remains of one of the poor bunny's legs. Another time, it was seen by another neighbor who saw it in his garage, which he left open all the time. He hid in his house until it left.
This was in Colorado Springs, CO. Later, my friend moved up to Peyton, (population 1200 or so) up in the mountains. He called me one night scared, I could hear his dog freaking out in the background. The creature was apparently under his bedroom window outside, prowling around.

I don't know what it was, only that it appeared always out of nowhere, it was very thick and muscular, more so than your typical "black panther", which would bring to mind a more slender built, graceful animal. This thing was a brute in appearance. The strangest part was that it appeared to be connected to my friend, as it followed him to another town.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join