It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD Drugs Don't Help Children Long Term

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

ADHD Drugs Don't Help Children Long Term

news.yahoo.com

Stimulant drugs like Ritalin that are used to treat ADHD don't improve children's symptoms long term, according to new research published online in the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. That may come as a surprise to parents, but ADHD researchers have been arguing for the past 10 years over the findings of the Multimodal Treatment Study of Children with ADHD. Called the MTA study, it is the largest study conducted to compare the benefits of medication to behavio
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The corporations & fiat-federal agencies know those drugs are not natural & healthy for the human body. Many serial-killers, military-trained assassins, and mothers, who have killed their own babies have inserted the same type of drugs into their bodies.

Don't do drugs! - But if you are really upset, maybe you need some "meds."
The Truth about “Schizophrenia”
Virginia Tech Aftermath: Did Legal Drugs Play a Role in the Massacre?
Psych Drug Pusher/Users, Antidepressants, & School Shooters

This video is excerpted from a full length documentary entitled "The Truth about 'Schizophrenia'" For more information about this video, visit this link: Yoism.org/zp/?q=node/70

The so-called "antidepressants" blunt feelings but are actually not very effective in diminishing depression per se. On the other hand, in a small number of cases, they lead to tragic violence.

In this video, psychiatrist Loren Mosher, M.D., former Chief of Schizophrenia Studies at NIMH, journalist Bob Whitaker, author of the acclaimed "Mad in America: The Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill," and psychologist Dan Kriegman, Ph.D., founder of Zuzu's Place, examine the way in which Big Pharma exaggerates the efficacy of their products and hides evidence of their dangers. Evidence is also presented to show that Big Pharma is composed of "true believers," i.e., the psychiatrists and drug execs are not just pushers; they're users!

For more videos about this topic, see Yoism.org/?q=node/234

For more information about "schizophrenia" and the movie, see Yoism.org/?q=node/120

• School Shootings III

In 2002, Fox National News reported Douglas Kennedy exposed the link between psychiatric drugs and school shootings.

In September 2005, following confirmation that Red Lake Indian Reservation school shooter, Jeff Weise, was under the influence of the antidepressant Prozac, the National Foundation of Women Legislators, together with American Indian tribal leaders, called for a Congressional investigation into the correlation between psychiatric drug use and school massacres.

Congress has yet to investigate the role of psychiatric drugs relating to school shootings despite international drug regulators warning these drugs can cause mania, psychosis, hallucinations, suicide and homicidal ideation.

At least eight of the recent school shooters were under the influence of such drugs, and according to media reports, investigators working on the Virginia Tech school shootings, Cho Seung-Hui may also have been taking drugs for "depression."

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What people don't realize, is these medicines are NOT USED TO CURE ADHD. They are used to treat the symptoms. These medicines are SYMPTOMATIC they only treat the symptoms short term. Once you stop taking it you go back to how you were before.

Misuse of these can cause nasty short term and long term effects, however, in a healthy person when used in proper dosages are pretty safe.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) isn't the only add drug, Dextroamphetamine is an alternative that has its own benefits and risks.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by hardcoremusiclover]

[edit on 1-4-2009 by hardcoremusiclover]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nothing new here. most of the evidence suggest that anti-depressants actually worsen the issues, by forcing kids to supress them until it is overload.

Majority of school shooters were users of anti0depressants.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Nothing new here. most of the evidence suggest that anti-depressants actually worsen the issues, by forcing kids to supress them until it is overload.

This is true. However, most of the shooters were probably on anti depressents because they have an underlying mental condition. Don't jump the gun to say it was the medicines fault.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardcoremusiclover

This is true. However, most of the shooters were probably on anti depressents because they have an underlying mental condition. Don't jump the gun to say it was the medicines fault.

Never said it was all the medications fault, however, there is extensive evidence suggesting that many anti-depressants can CAUSE phsycosis.

Also, nearly EVERY SINGLE popular anti-depressant on the market today (INCLUDING RITALIN AND PROZAC) contain the EXACT chemical compound found in PCP.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yeah, ofcourse drugs are bad for you in the longterm. Especially for children who are still developping as their brains are more likely to create pathways for those specific drugs.

My child has ADHD and we treat him herbally and watch his diet. No need to drug these kids over nothing.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The best combat for ADHD is diet and excersize.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Never said it was all the medications fault, however, there is extensive evidence suggesting that many anti-depressants can CAUSE phsycosis.

Also, nearly EVERY SINGLE popular anti-depressant on the market today (INCLUDING RITALIN AND PROZAC) contain the EXACT chemical compound found in PCP.

Ritalin is a stimulant not an anti-depressent.

And anti-depressents are NOTHING like PCP.

PCP= 1-(1-phenylcyclohexyl)piperidine

Prozac= N-methyl-3-phenyl-3-[4- (trifluoromethyl)phenoxy]propan-1-amine

Anti-depressents usually block the re-uptake of serotonin.
PCP is an NMDA receptor antagonist.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Do you research my friend. You are correct in the fact that ritialin is technically not an anti-depressant, however, as a way of saving time, I tend to group all meds that treat ADHD, depression, etc together.

books.google.com... hl=en&ei=2eDTSf37KYP8swP8xoWkCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3

www.xpressdrugtest.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.rumormillnews.com...

www.cmecorner.com...

www.curezone.com...

The evidnce is overwhelming. The body processes anti-depressants and synthesizes, once again, into THE EXACT SAME CHEMICAL COMPOUND AS PCP.

Need more research?

[edit on 4/1/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Do you research my friend. You are correct in the fact that ritialin is technically not an anti-depressant, however, as a way of saving time, I tend to group all meds that treat ADHD, depression, etc together.

books.google.com... hl=en&ei=2eDTSf37KYP8swP8xoWkCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3

www.xpressdrugtest.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.rumormillnews.com...

www.cmecorner.com...

www.curezone.com...

The evidnce is overwhelming. The body processes anti-depressants and synthesizes, once again, into THE EXACT SAME CHEMICAL COMPOUND OF PCP.

Need more research?

Show me one credible article that says anti-depressants are converted into PCP.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Show me one credible article that says anti-depressants are converted into PCP.

Alright, whatever you need to tell yourself my friend. I have provided 6 independant studies that say that or something similar. You want a mainstream article. I'm guessing you aren't aware of the fact that the major pharmaceutical players in the U.S. are the same people that own your media. You arent going to find research from a company damning itself, especially when that comany is making billion dollar profits.

Play it off if you like. I dont care. I work with this and I see it nearly daily. It's much easier to think that they are doing it for the betterment of the people, I know, but that doesnt make it the case.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
And for the record, I never said they were converted to PCP. I said they were synthesized into the same chemical compounds in the body that PCP does.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Is this really 'news'.

Do people still actually believe it is a good thing to give these meds to kids?

What a sad world some people live in

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have three grandchildren by one of my daughters. All of them have had problems with learning, sitting still, etc. Whatever. School officials have stepped in to suggest drugs and psychiatric treatment. Okay. Thank you, folks for bringing this to my daughter's attention. A little work, some positive reinforcement, individual guidance from mom, papaw and nanny and problem solved. All three kids doing great in school, learning well, able to think critically, seek solutions outside the box that have value not just expected solutions, etc. Parents, do some research on solutions for your individual child's behaviour, find a way to guide and help your children without resorting to drugs and mindbenders, instead of just hoping all goes away and gets better without your personal and tailored to the child involvement.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by kyred]

new topics

top topics

join