It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Goin ON?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Brilliant song from an era that seems long gone bye, or is it....

Mother, mother
There's too many of you crying
Brother, brother, brother
There's far too many of you dying
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today - Ya

The words still ring true to me....

Globally we are in an economic situation not of our making, our collective governments have gone haywire looking like the mice that the pied piper are leading.

Why? Simple, they are bought and paid for... at least here in the US.

I will let other nations' citizens tell their perception of their own country, I am not trying to cast stones.

Here in the US, we have been bombarded by the current administration, that YES we are in trouble, BUT LOOKEY HERE, there is an alternative energy business hiring in this state or some other state. Emphasizing a positive which coincides with current policy leanings, at the same time IGNORING the TRUTH!

We have a President who wants to drive this nail and how does he do it?

He pops up on the TV more times in the first 2 months than I have ever known... Why?

He already won the election, is he campaigning for 2012 already? All I know is that seeing the President on the TV telling me that we have to sacrifice is getting old.....

We are all pretty much sacrificing, cutting back, tightening the belts, it's an easy thing to do when even the common citizen looks at the situation that our government and the fat cats up in Wall street put us in.

Where's our voice?

Oh I forgot, they are in the hip pocket of those who created this mess.

Jack & Jane sixpack were just putting in their 40-80hrs to pay rent and feed the kids and hope that those they elected protected them from this....

EYEOPENER!!!!

Ream me a new one if you like, but after reading this article earlier today, I thought, this is the truth that I understand in my area, from friends and family, these are the same problems happening around me.

I don't need a President and Congress pushing an agenda on me and trying to tell me that things aren't so bad, tell that to those who are already setting up tent city's or should we call them BUSHOBAMAVilles?

Sad thing is there is only ONE way to bring the government back to serving the citizens...

IT will never be done, simple as it is.

The key to an incorrupt government (Congress first), is to limit terms, the Pres. has a 2-term limit, which is fine by me, where is the Reps and Sens limits?

Nowhere, why?

Because they write the laws...

Now, how do we overcome this?

Simple, though it would require a whole lot of pissed off citizens, (which we have), and be willing to shed themselves of left-right affiliations, they are crutches, most people I know have both left and right leanings, it's called being an individual nothing makes me more angry than to have someone label me as right or left wing because of my view on a SINGLE TOPIC. Time to get that crap outta there.

Oh, they KEY?

EASY

The House is up for election in 2010,

VOTE THEM ALL OUT,

talk about a change

Think about the turmoil that would be caused with 500+ new faces in the HOUSE chamber...

I can see the lobbyists scurrying like roaches now...

Call me a dreamer, but this is one dream that we (US voters) can actually do...

Tell me I am wrong, don't we all have the individual right, and RESPONSIBILITY to elect representatives of the PEOPLE?

Some may think I have reached the ledge, I say review what the elected (Pres and Congress) has been telling us the past couple of weeks and read this article (same as above):

American Dream deferred for some Atlantans

From personal observations, the article is the truth, what is coming out of our elected is something that is usually used around here as fertilizer.

So in review,

Clean out the HOUSE in 2010, the sequel is the Senate, President is not an issue, term limits already control them, once you get the Congress overhauled, legislation on term limits at least have a chance,

For me, that is the goal, Pres 2 terms = 8 yrs, Sen 2 terms= 12 yrs, Cong 3 terms = 6yrs, fair and would curb the influences that the lobbyists have right now IMO.

Well, thanks for letting me spout off, I will leave you with a little Marvin...

ed:sp

[edit on 3/28/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ah...not exactly...seems we've been led astray since the last time a Constitutional Crisis came about...

And as for voting in 2010...at the rate this event is unfolding, we might not be around by then...

Now...read this carefully...

The Original Thirteenth Amendment
Ratified March 12, 1819
www.barefootsworld.net...

The Founders held an intense disdain and distrust of "Nobility" as a result of a long history, during Colonial times, of abuses and excesses against the Rights of Man and the established Common Law and Constitutions by the "Nobility", and therefore placed in the new Constitution two injunctions against acceptance of Titles of Nobility or Honor or emoluments from external sources. The Revolutionary War for Independence was primarily waged to eliminate these abuses and excesses of the "Nobility" and the "Monied Classes" from the life of the Nation, recognizing the Equality of all men.

As there was no penalty attached to a title of nobility or honor in the Constitution as originally ratified, the Original Thirteenth Amendment was proposed in December of 1809 to institute penalty for accepting or using a "Title of Nobility or Honor" to set oneself apart from, or superior to, or possessing of any special privileges or immunities not available to any other citizen of the United States, and to eliminate the widespread use of "emoluments" as bribery and of the legislatures and judiciary used to further the causes and positions of "Special Interests". It was an attempt to keep politicians and civil servants "Honest" in their service to the citizens.

As noted in the discussion in Article 1 of the Constitution, the original Thirteenth Amendment, was ratified in 1819, adding a heavy penalty upon any person holding or accepting a Title of Nobility or Honor, or emoluments from external powers by making that person "cease to be a citizen of the United States" and "incapable of holding any Office of Trust or Profit under the United States". This Amendment was proposed, properly ratified, and was a matter of record in the several States archives until 1876, by which time it was quietly, and fraudulently deleted, never repealed, during the period of Reconstruction after the Civil War and the presently acknowledged Thirteenth Amendment was substituted. The original records of the original 13th amendment were thought to be destroyed at the time of the burning of the capitol during the War of 1812, but have since been found in the archives of the British Museum, the national archives and in the archives of several of the States and territories. The fact of its existence had been lost to memory until, by chance, researchers discovered in the public library at Belfast, Maine an 1825 copy of the U. S. Constitution. Subsequent research shows that it was in the records of the ratifying states and territories until 1876, the last to drop it from record was the Territory of Wyoming after 1876. The most intriguing discovery was the 1867 Colorado Territory edition which includes both the "missing" Thirteenth Amendment and the current 13th Amendment, on the same page. The current 13th Amendment is listed as the 14th Amendment in the 1867 Colorado edition.

The 1876 Laws of Wyoming which similarly show the "missing" Thirteenth Amendment, the current 13th Amendment (freeing the slaves), and the current 15th Amendment on the same page. The current 13th Amendment is listed as the 14th, the current 14th amendment is omitted, and the current 15th Amendment is in proper place.
More at Link...

Seems during a Christmas Congressional break this was passed through without almost a third of the body in attendance...

Can anyone say "UnConstitutional Slim Shadey"?

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

That's why I love this place, you can go on a Friday Saturday
night rant and get some new information in return

That was a very interesting piece so I did some searching and found another place discussing the missing 13th Ammendment, most of the info was written in 1991 but if you take the time to read the sections, it is so applicable today, an eyeopener for me.

I will have to do some more research before forming an opinion on the claim, are there any images of the purported missing ammendment online somewhere?

You would think that it would be hard to ignore that kind of evidence especially if it was printed in so many states' issues of the constitution of the time.

When you get the time check this out:

The Missing 13th Amendment

While this is new info to me I am sure it has to have been discussed on ATS a time or three... Time for a search here as well.

Now, to add to the FridaySaturday night rant in the OP, I was pondering that if you took all of the citizens who have lost their jobs and were able to band them together, you would already have the basis of a strong third party, and among the millions out of work, I am sure we could find enough willing to serve in Washington for a few years to start to UNWIND the toxic asset we call Congress

We the People Party? Anyone have any ideas?

It can be done, it seems to be the right time, A voter revolution..

It is OUR Country.

ed:rough night, actually Saturday, not Friday where is my aspirin

[edit on 3/29/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Chill down Brother, Brother I think some of the lines in that Gay song are "we will find away"
Please don't blow a cork.
First things first. For some reason you fail to retain any recolection of the past eight years. I think they call that selective amnesia.
Get out your history books. There is nothing new hear.
Todays news is just that. A fleeting pack of lies like all the crap since day one.
Get over it!
We are already in a non demorcratic country, we always have been. Have you ever heard about the Civil War?
Yea, the one in this country or the Reveloutionary War, Spanish, French,Russian,Boxer
Do you get it yet?
So what to do?
Start singing "We Didn't Start the Fire" Billy Joel I think.
Eventually you will mature and understand that " the best thing you can do, is the best thing that you can.".
Oh! Bobby something, Don't Worry be Happy

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
What's going on? IMHO - the carfully crafted demise of the world economy in tandem with the well planned out world take over by the NWO. They had to be sure there was a weak tool in the White House in order to pull this off.

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
is he campaigning for 2012 already?

Yes, because that's the only real job he's ever had. All hes' done is run for office. Now that he's got the big chair, he doesn't know how to sit and do the job.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Just to let you know. They named a street after M. Gaye in D.C. I think like real recently.
The funky thing is that Fox news said he was killed.
Some sort of trick ya think? I thought he was soooo depressed that he pulled the trigger his self.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

I thought his father, father shot him...

but back to one of the topics discussed so far

I have found one instance in a newspaper archive search on the missing 13th ammendment, which seems to point to an error in publishing the amendment.

It can be found here: link

At the bottom of the page is a note which states that it was inadvertently inserted into the Law of Mass and other places and that the amendment was not adopted by enough states to become a part of the constitution.

This was printed in 1823, well before the supposed sneaky omission proposed that it was done away with during the Civil War.

Kind of shoots that conspiracy in the foot in my eyes.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

That wold make it his grandfather!
Neat link Give me some time to root it around
Sounds interesting. What are your thoughts on this.
Happy April fools day! do you think the gov. is going to trash all our puters with that virus scare they have started.

top topics

join