It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IHC: Institute for Human Continuity: what are your thoughts on this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i came across this site today and wondered what your take is on this?
i can't get a grab if the site is 'serious' or not?

they have an interesting, if not flat-out the most bold-faced statement saying this: (i highlighted the statement below)

"Nobody knows precisely what our world will look like on december 21, 2012. We do know, with near complete certainty, that a series of catastrophes will decimate much of the planet..."

peruse the site and activate the scenarios. it's a well done flash site and engaging.

(please note: i do not subscribe to certain ideas of 2012, and want to personally remain neutral on this subject that's been beaten into the ground)

ATS, what are your thought on this entity of IHC.
Institute for Human Continuity

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I shall refer you to this.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-edit- If you follow links at the bottom of the website it redirects you to "Sony Entertainment" owned websites... which just happen to be the people behind the upcoming 2012 movie.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ok thanks for the re-direct!
mods, feel free to delete thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with the thread. It only proves the combined knowledge of our members can be a valuable resource. It'll be a good idea to keep this live in case someone does a search on IHC or Institute for Human Continuity, they can see it's already been addressed.

Good question, good answer.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Yes, I hope my reply did not come off sounding wrong, or looking to delete this thread. I just did not want to type what I had previously typed before... hence the link to the previous post.

I had almost completely forgot about running across that website in the past anyway.

I wonder how many non ATS'ers have been frightened by the site.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Not at all. I was more responding to zooplancton's comment to feel free to delete the thread. I think this is something we frequently do very well, help each other get to the bottom of things.

Somebody knows something someone else has a question about and we can keep a record of it to help the next person.

I love it when a plan comes together.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
so let's entertain the idea that the IHC site IS real. that's its a collection of scientists and humanitarians pushing to save the continuity of the human race.

do you think the effort would be moot in the scenario of a major catastrophic event to take place?

i mean why bother being prepared when there will be a major significant life-ending event in the years to come?

do you think we'll ever see a real prompt like this in an actual foreseeable catastrophic event? or will we be kept in the closet per current government protocol?

do you think humanity would pull together and try to find a survivable solution? or do you think societal chaos would take over and ruin any hope of efforts to make a plan to survive?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
oh well.

so much for conceptual talk.
i suck at ATS.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Lol sorry to burst your bubble but this is a viral website for the movie 2012.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MuffinKing

Yes, a careful read of the thread will reveal we're all aware of that. The thread author is attempting to bring up a hypothetical "what if" scenario, which is a valid direction.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yes I remember that website and several others being exceptionally polished and even had people with bogus credentials as scientists for reference.
People do Forget Zoo..so its ok..
What made this site particularly egregious as a viral..like so many do..is that it asks its people signing up for a lottery.. really legthy info..in fact I understand moreso than any of the virals that preceded it..Rember Losts Institute..and others..
I am surprised its still up even for the movie..considering so many caught on..but not everyone.So its good to refresh like this..
Sony has a movie coming out for Whitley Strieber..greys..so we can imagine what they will do with that. I wonder what viral they will do for that.
don't answer..just thinking outloud.

star anyway Zoo

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
thanks sys.
i was going to keep going, but my end of the conversation would have ran out at post 2.

if whittley strieber made a movie i hope its not as convoluted as his writing style. he's the hardest guy to read. very jumpy style.

and back on topic, i guess a web site that was in the proponent of saving man kind would have to be in "the know" about catastrophic event. and as we all know now thanks to the PTB that potential threats from otter space are now classified...

WHICH REALLY MAKES ONE THINK.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Personally I think that of this were to happen, it would be for the elite in society. Yes there might be some lottery for the everyday common man, but honestly it would be for the uber rich and famous. It would be interesting who would do their laundry though. Lol

It is a good concept, but In thinking if any of the events that they portray actually happen. There is no chance of survival. Can someone really dig themselves that deep underground and survive the coming firestorm and global catastrophe? I believe the only option would be to evacuate earth. But how could that be done? It sounds stupid but it reminds me of another movie Titan AE.

~G

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yes, the IHC is a viral movie marketing ploy.
But they do link to realities.

The Alliance to Rescue Civilization is Real!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
It is a good concept, but In thinking if any of the events that they portray actually happen. There is no chance of survival. Can someone really dig themselves that deep underground and survive the coming firestorm and global catastrophe? I believe the only option would be to evacuate earth. But how could that be done? It sounds stupid but it reminds me of another movie Titan AE.

~G

good point.
can someone really dig themselves that deep enough?
very hard to fathom. if we get hit hard enough, the entire crust could buckle beyond comprehension much less a deep safe area.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

thanks for the link!

To fulfill its mission, ARC
is dedicated to creating continuously staffed facilities on the Moon
and other locations away from Earth. These facilities will preserve
backups of scientific and cultural achievements, and of the species
important to our civilization. In the event of a global catastrophe,
the ARC facilities will be prepared to reintroduce lost technology,
art, history, crops, livestock and,if necessary, even human beings to
the Earth."

very interesting! i'm going to look more into this.
my next thought was: "someone should set up an entity that deals in this type of thing"

there should be a broader plan put in place but how do you save a few billion people?

interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
For something that a lot of you claim to be just a movie marketing ploy...

I just received an email from the IHC (only cause I clicked to get their updates) and they are really going to town with this thing.
What they are doing is a lot of work just to advertise for a movie...is what they are saying entirely truths or half truths or possibly lies?

I apologize in advance I cannot provide a link because the following is from an E-mail from the IHC.

Greetings, As the Communications Director of the Institute for Human Continuity, I'd like to thank you for taking an active role in preparing yourself for 2012. Please note your ticket is only valid for one person. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you encourage your friends and family to register for lottery numbers at TheIHC.com. The IHC has uncovered evidence indicating that the disasters of 2012 are both real and unavoidable. We believe with 94% certainty that exactly four years from today, cataclysmic events will devastate our planet and many who inhabit it. December 21, 2012 cannot be ignored. Though the future is uncertain, there are several things we can and must do to prepare. You have already begun by entering the IHC lottery and visiting our website. In the coming weeks, I will be hosting an online discussion during which I will answer your questions and provide additional knowledge on how you can continue to prepare. You may submit your written questions to me via twitter and email. We will also be accepting video questions and will have more details for you in the coming weeks. I look forward to receiving your questions and working together to ensure that the end is just the beginning. Sincerely, Dr. Sorën Ulfert, PhD Communications Director The Institute for Human Continuity Twitter: sorenulfert Email: [email protected]

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Funny, as soon as i saw this advertised on the History Channel I headed over here and as the website was opening I checked ats (already open on another tab) to see what this is and if anyone here heard of this.

While I am pretty sure this is just what fellow atsers say it is, what a crappy thing to do to people. I mean really, talk about fearmongering! I am going to spend a few checking this out and the other link. thanks ats

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's a promo for the 2012 movie being released in a few months, a very well put together prmo if you ask me.

They are even airing commercials.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

It's completely fake, just read the text in the footer.

The website is an advertisement for the movie 2012

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join