It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you navigate the ATS website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
First of all, if this issue was discussed before in another thread, kindly direct me to it, if not, I would like to hear your personal views on this.

Every time I visit ATS, I follow a certain route. I firstly visit the "recent posts" and then go to "my ATS" to see if there was any responses to specific topics I've subscribed to.

When I look at the "recent posts", sometimes I see someone responding to a thread which was last discussed a couple of months ago. And then it usually is something real interesting. Sometimes I get the feeling that I am missing some real interesting stuff, just because I limit myself in the way I navigate the site.

I would like to hear from you, what you think the best way is to navigate the site and what works for you.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ysterlong

Everybody is different, so you really just have to find your own style.

Recent posts is a good way to keep up to date on the most active threads, but sometimes you miss out on some good stuff.

I'd recommend just visiting the main Board page and sifting through whatever forums you find interesting.

Let me know if you need any help.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Same thing pretty much. My ATS, Recent Posts, BTS, and sometimes the forum icons directly (but that's rare these days).

When you see an older thread bumped with recent replies, that's usually indicative of someone performing a search term and uncovering that thread. For instance, if you run a search for 'JFK Assassination' (a popular topic in conspiracy circles), the top two threads are from 2007 and 2006. So someone could find those in the search, reply, and then bump those threads. That's typically more common for newbies although older members bump threads, too.

As for threads within the last couple of months, that can also either be done by a search result or someone browsing their favorite forums and seeing it in the recent posts list of that specific forum (especially slow-moving forums). It could also be the case of members looking at their favorite author's profiles to see their recent threads.

So you can browse via recent posts, individual forums, BTS, the search feature, My ATS, by author/profile, etc.

These days I generally just stick to My ATS and the main recent posts list, though.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
AshleyD & nyk537 -Thanks to both of you. Your advice makes sense and is appreciated. I will make a point of changing my habits and venture a bit further out in search of the real good and interesting stuff....

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The first time I come on ATS during the day, I go to MyATS and look at my favorite forums (three of them).

Then I go to recent posts for ATS and BTS, and pretty much keep refreshing each one until something pops up that I like.

Not the most exciting way...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am even less of a "navigator" (which it's a shame, being Portuguese
), I usually limit myself to myATS, but the threads I see on my favourite forums are more than enough to spend all my free time.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I usually check Recent Posts and myATS first.

Then I usually check the profiles of my favorite ATSers to see if they have posted anything of interest. That's actually a really good way to cut through all the BS and find the more interesting and informative discussions on the forums.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Just thought I should point out something that took me quite a while to figure out when I first joined myself;

When people say: Favorite Forums. They mean that they have them listed on their myATS page.. how do you do that you ask?

Press the board button at the top. That will show you all the forums to choose from.. now click/access any of the forums you wish to favorite.. for example, here you have Aliens & UFOs .. near the top of the page, where it says :

Aliens and UFOs Discussion Forum Thread List

check on the right side of that title, you will find a button that says "favorite".. click on that.. and then you will have added that forum to your myATS page.. anytime you go to myATS from then on, you will see a list of the most active threads from that forum... you can favorite many more forums if you wish. I personally have Space Exploration, Science and Technology, Aliens and UFOs, Board and Business Questions, all on myATS page.

Hope that helps. Kind regards, and welcome to ATS.

Peace

[edit on 24/3/09 by Majorion]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I also go to myATS first. Mine is crammed full of my favs. That keeps me busy for a while,
Then if things are really slow I will look at recent posts page.

Oh I forgot..I will normally load an ATS-PTS mix show or podcast to listen to while I read the boards. It has become kinda automatic.

P.S. I enjoyed your intro podcast....good job!

Peace

Edit to add: A big thanks to the admins that made the myATS page...very cool feature!

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thanks to all of you!

Majorion, thanks for that advice - it is good to rub shoulders with the "old hands".

Zeptepi, thanks for your kind comments re my first podcast.

top topics

join