It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Aykroyd: Unplugged on UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I've seen this DVD sitting in the very back of my local Barnes and Noble's Documentary section for quite some time now. It's only ten dollars (for B&N that's a deal). I'm sure some of you have seen it, so what are your opinions on it?

Honestly, I doubt I could take it seriously. I mean come on, it's Dan Aykroyd. Is he even still alive?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We are all still waiting for the supposed O'hare UFO footage he purchased for a documentary. Maybe it was bogus. maybe it was too weird. Would love to hear from him that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
To be honest this video had some of the most legit UFO footage to date and Dan Ackroyd takes his UFO's seriously. There is no joking around and this video is what hooked me on the subject. They cover the tether incident, Mexican infrared, and some other goodies. This video changed my life and I wouldn't be here on this site today if it wasn't for Mr. Ackroyd ripping those cigs so hard.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I recall reading somewhere that he wrote (maybe co-wrote?) the screenplay for Ghostbusters inspired by a real world interest in the paranormal. The scene in the library (GEt HER!) used to scare me so bad, but I still love that movie. Growing up on horror movies and novels is what led me down the path of interest in paranormal, occult, UFOs, etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
video.google.com...

break out some popcorn and check it out.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools
I'm pretty sure I recall reading somewhere that he wrote (maybe co-wrote?) the screenplay for Ghostbusters inspired by a real world interest in the paranormal. The scene in the library (GEt HER!) used to scare me so bad, but I still love that movie. Growing up on horror movies and novels is what led me down the path of interest in paranormal, occult, UFOs, etc.

He also wrote the script for the new ghostbusters game to and it is like a whole new movie but they are animated.

Anyways just thought i'd add that.

I don't see why people are so quick not to trust somebody because they are famous or an actor.

It's like people look for any reason no matter how small just to not trust somebody that they will except any excuse.

What makes him any less credible than anyone else?

What If I laid out a plan to the American people that was fool proof for fixing our economy and was far superior to Obama's and everyone thought it was better?
Would you still find a reason to not trust me or believe me just because I'm not an " authority" on the subject....

And I love how people call other people experts . There is no such thing . Nobody can ever be perfect at anything , except maybe breathing......until you die which intern means you weren't perfect at it too begin with. :-)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think since the above poster posted the link i may have to watch. Not too long but I want to know .....Is it interesting?

If it's not boring then I'm game.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arkturus

The prejudice is astounding...just because he is a comedian does not mean that he is not intelligent. In fact, I would wager that most of the time it is quite the other way around with a large percentage of comedians being smarter than average.

I have watched the movie, it is entertaining. Dan Akroyd seems highly intelligent. He seems like one of those guys you could sit and listen to tell stories all day and not be bored, at least to me.

Yes, he is a pretty funny guy, no, this is not a comedy. Yes, despite being funny he is still seemingly quite intelligent. I think the movie is worth the 10 bucks for a couple hours of entertainment.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
this is a great UFO doco. you should watch it!!

ackroyd is a very intelligent guy who knows a lot on the subject. he had a UFO encounter when he was younger. it was a mass sighting, since then he has always been a believer. he also talks in this doco about a really strange Men in Black encounter while he was on the phone to Brittany Spears!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was meant to interview David Sereda about it, hes since done some new stuff, still waiting on the elusive O'Hare footage myself. Anyway Mr. Sereda agreed to do the interview and then didn't as did Mr. Icke, I think these guys are mostly looking for money, i.e not JUST for the passion, which i can understand if you do put a lot of work in, but if its to promote your own work, then i don't see why not, eh yeah... sorry bit side tracked, one of the best docs out there though lately - there really isn't that much lately, if I lived in the U.S I'd be traveling all around interviewing everyone. hmmm

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is probably the video that made me think to consider the UFO phenomenon being real , Dan is very passionate and knowledgeable and you can tell he is nervous about doing the video. After all a stunt like this could kill an actors career , good thing he's near the end of his maybe?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Thanks for posting, this is a great vid. The man gave us Blues Brothers and Spies like us, yes, it would be blasphemous to question him.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Good post-I thought Unplugged was a great watch and Dan comes across as quite an intelligent and articulate chap.
Here he is in an interview discussing UFOs (from March 2009):
www.abc6.com...
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm definitely not questioning Akroyd intelligence here. Honestly, I just don't see him fitting the role of a narrator for a documentary on UFOs.

Thanks for posting the link to the video, I'm going to check it out asap.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Definitely check it out man, i think you'll be suprised. BTW nice shpongle related pic as your avatar.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
I don't see why people are so quick not to trust somebody because they are famous or an actor.
You don't see why I can not completely trust someone that has made a career of pretending to be someone else, with someone else's interests and feelings?

That is the only problem I have with actors, they are paid to say whatever someone wants them to say, so I can never know if he is acting or not.

Just that.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well now , I must admit to having felt a little bit silly clicking the link and beginning to watch that video. Sort of like watching discovery and getting Roger Moore talking about the KGB's hidden files lol. But after a while it appeared as if Aykroyd actualy had thought all this out over many years. I was impressed by his determination, and his ability to work with a hypothetical (which of course was no suprise due to his familiarity with fictional scripts) . It was only ten minuites into the video when I realised that I didnt feel the least bit ridiculous watching the video. It was shocking to realise that I was listening to an actor giving his opinion on the subject. Mind you , now I have had a chance to assimilate the information both new and old that I have gleened from the vid I guess its not that strange is it ? I mean Robbie Williams (say what you will about him.. please? I will find it ammusing) is a contributor here and apparantly there have been some investigations carried out by himself and ATS so I suppose I shouldnt be suprised by Aykroyds apparant savvy . Lets face it , if the pin up for the stupid half of Britain has some knowlege on UFO , then it stands to reason that a genuinely awesome actor and comic GENIUS has some smarts on the real issues!!

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by butane bob
Definitely check it out man, i think you'll be suprised. BTW nice shpongle related pic as your avatar.

awesome, glad to know someone here listens to Shpongle. new album should be coming out this year.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by arkturus
Honestly, I just don't see him fitting the role of a narrator for a documentary on UFOs.

After reading this thread I ordered my copy and recived it today - thank you Amazon; I don't think the only ATSer either as there were only 5 copies left in stock.

Aykroyd wasn't the narrator, he was actually being interviewd. I enjoyed the documentary and the points that are lingering with me are his accounts of a MIB encounter while talking to Britney Spears on the phone.(I laughed in another thread when it was mentioned she was MKULTRA but hmmm coincidence?)

I was also impressed at his mention of interdiminsional beings. I think this theory is often left out when discussing UFO topics.

The montage of captured reported UFO sightings is dizzying. You can be sure I'll be watching it more then a couple of times just to take in all of the footage. Most of it very compelling. Especially the NASA coverage. I just love Gordo! He is an american hero and one of the few astronauts to speak out about the subject.

In the documentary it was stated China has spent more then $20 million in UFO research. In the US, I could probably dredge up all kinds of rediculous spending on supposed 'threats.' The fact that we spend zero researching this aerial phenomonon tells me they already know what's going on.

Finally, Aykroyd makes the point of probable visitation by many different species. Their motives blurred between malevelont and benevelont. While abductions seeming intrusive, violent, and most definatly malevelont by us he compares it to how we humans dissect frogs in biology class. We mean no harm to the frog but use it as an educational tool. We don't intent to wipe out the species.

4.5/5.0 stars from Whisper67

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
You don't see why I can not completely trust someone that has made a career of pretending to be someone else, with someone else's interests and feelings?

That is the only problem I have with actors, they are paid to say whatever someone wants them to say, so I can never know if he is acting or not.

Just that.
And EVERYBODY on Earth has told more then a thousand lies without any remorse. What makes an actor less credible then any other liar/cheater here on Earth?

On topic: I just watched it all, and there was some interesting clips, and I liked the overall interview with Aykroyd. There were a few things that I wasn't to fond of though, and that would be the Billy Meier and John Hutchinson clips/photos(ie. they're frauds).

Other then that, good stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join