It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cold fusion' rebirth? New evidence for existence of controversial energy source

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

SALT LAKE CITY, March 23, 2009 — Researchers are reporting compelling new scientific evidence for the existence of low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR), the process once called "cold fusion" that may promise a new source of energy. One group of scientists, for instance, describes what it terms the first clear visual evidence that LENR devices can produce neutrons, subatomic particles that scientists view as tell-tale signs that nuclear reactions are occurring.

Low-energy nuclear reactions could potentially provide 21st Century society a limitless and environmentally-clean energy source for generating electricity, researchers say. The report, which injects new life into this controversial field, will be presented here today at the American Chemical Society's 237th National Meeting. It is among 30 papers on the topic that will be presented during a four-day symposium, "New Energy Technology," March 22-25, in conjunction with the 20th anniversary of the first description of cold fusion.

I've read reports about this in the past. Apparently, they were able to produce more energy out than they were putting in.

Read more here

It might become the future energy we all need. Here's another site that you can visit to learn more.

I remember seing a movie called chain reaction, with K. Reeves. I think that was the kind of technology that was being tested.

Here's a diagram i found here that explains how it works.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f06c65d92d39.png[/atsimg]

I'm no scientist, but it's an interesting view on possible cheap energy.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ah yes cold fusion. They have been able to make this happen a few times actually. Take this article from 2005 that explains a different method.

Clicky

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Also, if I am not mistaken, there is no radiation emitted with a fusion reaction.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That is correct. Zero radiation tons of energy and the only byproduct is helium and some neutrons. Of course they haven't been able to make a big one happen yet.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
According to this article, 2 scientists back in 1989 had made it work. But they were ignored and ridiculed by others, and had to move elsewhere to continue their research. If i'm not mistaken, these are the 2 scientists that went to Europe to continue research on cold fusion.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What I really don't understand is how do you get ridiculed for making the biggest discovery in the history of man kind? That's like being ridiculed for making the worlds best cheese burger! Just doesn't make sense...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"What I really don't understand is how do you get ridiculed for making the biggest discovery in the history of man kind? That's like being ridiculed for making the worlds best cheese burger! Just doesn't make sense..."

It makes sense when the greatest discovery in the history of mankind threatens the stranglehold an elite few have on an entire population. It makes perfect sense.
What doesn't make sense to me, is why we, vastly outnumbering the elite, don't do something about the stranglehold they have on us. That's what doesn't make any sense...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
What I really don't understand is how do you get ridiculed for making the biggest discovery in the history of man kind? That's like being ridiculed for making the worlds best cheese burger! Just doesn't make sense...

The best scientific discoveries are always ridiculed and quashed before they get anywhere whatsoever. By the time we here about it, we're laughing right along at them just like we were conditioned to do.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

Yeah they did a TV special about how it was all about the money
involved in hot fusion research and the jobs.

Heavy Watergate - the war on cold fusion

The US Navy at the SPAWAR facility in San Diego has had replication
with cheap off the shelf components not even using palladium rods.

They use palladium oxide liquid and can duplicate the effect 100%
of the time for far less money, but it will never see the light of day
unless the average joe pushes to make it happen.

US Navy SPAWAR facility San Diego - Palladium Oxide liquid Cold fusion verification

They do not want this coming out because it ruins their current cash cows.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am no tree hugger, but we need to stop pillaging our planet for all it's worth. The Earth is our one and only home and eventually it will tell us to go F ourselves. There are massive corporations that need to (but never will) start giving a crap about our planet, instead of dumping and polluting. A discovery like this would replace every type of energy we use today with a cleaner more efficient environmentally friendly source that utilizes the most abundant resource in the universe. Not to mention the various serious scientific implications to discovering how to fuse the atom at room temperature. They could make so much money off priceless tech (if they need an excuse to release it to the public), and I for one would pay for the good of our planet. Would be a good time to bring the Wardenclyffe Tower project back to life.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I agree completely however to those that have a stranglehold on us, money is no longer of prime interest. They have other, more valuable currency - which is us. This type of discovery, along with many others that have been ridiculed and buried, serve to empower the people of the planet and giving them new options at life and the future. This in no way shape or form is in "their" interest. When it comes to making large amounts of money, they'd rather lead us down the dirt road to nowheresville. And most of us are skipping away merrily while waiting for "mankind's scientific prowess" to come up with great things for us.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Well with recent proof linking strong EMI and RF with cancer
I'd be reluctant to go with wireless power.

Tesla was brilliant beyond belief, but they have recently made some
major finds on the issue of frequency and how it affects humans
and likely all life on earth.

Healing via Ultrasound

There are some ppl looking into expanding this and doing
more research in this area.

Humans far more sensitive to frequency than most mammals

Infrasonics experiment results:

Infrasonics experiment with humans

Cell phones linked to cancer risk:

Cell phones linked to cancer

As a society just now entering the realm of higher science we
must take great care we do not destroy ourselves and all around us.

We do not fully understand some of the things we are implementing
around the planet.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

Yeah the massive ponzi schemes, and the other plans
they are now working to put in place will radically alter the
US and end what hope there was of a bright future.

I think we are rapidly approaching a new dark age of liberty.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com...

Covered by Newscientist too.
The best thing is that there are some knee jerk responses from skeptics that sound ridiculous. Its fun when other scientists try to debunk a published experiment, without even conducting that experiment themselves. That makes them no better than a layperson and obviously their debunking carries no weight.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Thanks for the link. I remember the names of those scientists now, because they are named in the artilce. Now, if i only could find the videos about this, i remember it was a documentary, but don't remember the title...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
ok, i just found it on google video.
Explains the beginning of all this story...

video

Explaination of video at video link location...

This is where it all began: the hope, hostility, shame, controversy and chaos. After an unsuccessful negotiation with Steven E. Jones at Brigham Young University on March 6, feeling their backs against the wall, and suspicious that Jones was trying to claim patent and intellectual priority on the fruits of their labor, Fleischmann, Pons, the University of Utah administrators and their attorneys secretly made plans to go public with their claim as soon as possible. When they learned that their paper had been accepted for publication in the Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, they hastily scheduled this press conference for the next day.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It seems scientists are no longer scientists.. Second Line...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You can just about feel 4 watts coming from a CPU chip.
Thus it would be slightly above body temperature for one to
feel the heat.

THREE WATTS whereas the output was tremendous, easilly heating water to boiling,

he had to add fresh water because the water was being boiled away by the overunity energy, which was coming from the ether, the neutrino flux.

Yeah well neutrino flux sure.
If it works it works perhaps is the only bottom line.
Yet banks invest in toxic assets.
This toxic stuff makes energy and neutrino flux.

most of the heat is converted from radiant energy in space.

Yeah, thats a good one, atoms pick up energy and give it to us
free of charge.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Wow, so they rediscovered a lighter.

Great!

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
From my understanding, Cold fusion produces an electrolysis effect in the water, creating hydrogen ions, and oxygen anions.

The hydrogen ions are attracted to the anode (palladium) and are forced inbetween the atoms of palladium by electromotive attraction.

Once the ionic attraction overcomes the electrostatic repulsion force, the hydrogen atoms begin to "Fuse" with other hydrogen atoms, and the palladium anode. (which is why you get anode deterioration)

Essentially, you DO get radiation from this process... but the EM Radiation is mostly infrared, and then of course you get neutron radiation (absorbed by the water or palladium)

-Edrick

top topics

<<   2 >>

join