It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rothschilds to take the lead in the global carbon trading market

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I thought I might poke-around for any associations between Rothschild Australia - and - Australia's National Science Agency CSIRO - a leading climate change researcher and developer of 'sophisticated' CC models.

It didn't take long to find one dating back to 2001....

CSIRO and Rothschild initiative brings R&D and venture capital closer together
Media Release - Ref 2001/177 - Jul 25 , 2001

The Rothschild e-Fund, within Rothschild Australia's Venture Capital Group, has been joined by Dr Darren Cundy from CSIRO for a one year secondment, marking a significant new approach to bridging the gap between the scientific community and the venture capitalists.

Dr Cundy will work with one of Australia's leading venture capital groups in an arrangement that both organisations expect will grow the business opportunities that exist between the country's largest R&D provider and one of Australia's most respected venture capital firms.

Full Text

While the term Corporatocracy may remain outside the bounds of accepted political theory - it certainly seems to apply here.

and....

not to sidetrack an important topic - but worth pointing out - we can also thank the geeks at CSIRO for their contributions to the wonderful world of financial derivatives....

CSIRO has been applying its mathematics expertise to develop financial derivatives products that help manage market risks.

A major US hedge-fund firm has just commissioned us to provide exotic options models.” Dr Zhu says.....

To Dr Zhu, the value of solving the pricing problem scientifically is that it ‘takes the betting out’ of derivatives. That means an enhanced ability to differentiate risk and allocate it to those investors most able to take it. This has allowed an explosive growth in the size and complexity of the derivatives market.

Full Text

We all know how that one worked out.

GL

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I cant believe this is surfacing now.. hopefully people will cop onto this before the carbon credits become mandatory in the UN

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Dermo - couldn't agree more. This whole carbon/carbon dioxide "debate" is being drummed up to create a market "for what". It strikes me that values will put on carbon output and the richest countries in the world will just trade (offset) their over production against some third world country. The reality is that in order for a market to exist there has to be a commodity - in this case carbon/carbon dioxide. The only way a market can grow is to increase more of the product i.e. proliferate the production of carbon/carbon dioxide. The paradox is that a carbon market will proliferate the production of carbon/carbon dioxide and not reduce it - thus increasing global warming and increasing the price of available offsets.

What a great "con" and what a way to save the world!!

<< 2  3  4   >>

join