It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just on Nasa TV! STS119 Discovery encounters UFO!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
Ok, as an addition to my latest post, I wanna add this article.

Thanks for that Did not have that bit of data

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I can respect that it can make an object appear closer but it cannot put it in front of somthing if its not. In the second photo you can clearly see this white circle curves around the metal. I don't know what sort of light or anomaly it is, but I do believe we can rule out an alien craft in that translation of UFO.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I wouldnt go that far to rule out anything at this point. A brightly lit up object can appear to pass in front of or even through something. Cameras tend to do that sort of thing when something is out of focus, or simply overtaking the camera's input sensitivity range and focal length setting when lit up by a bright light source.

That spotlight is incredibly bright. It has to be so they can see the docking line up ring on the ISS as they approach it.

Perhaps we shoud look up the specs on that spotlight, its intensity rating etc. That at least will give us some idea of how far that spotlight could project its beam of light, and how wide it will disperse as distance increases.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Ok, as an addition to my latest post, I wanna add this article.

Thanks for that Did not have that bit of data

uhmm...what?

I am not following... ( wouldn't be the first time...=P )

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There it is again. I'm watching live NASA coverage and at 12:38 I saw a bright object from off in the distance. Started out as a speck, as it drew closer to the ISS it grew bigger and brighter. The closer it drew, the NASA camera darkened and lightened a few times, the object consistent.
The view was from the ISS towards a nice shot of the earth on lower right and a clipping of the shuttle. It kept drawing closer and then....camera feed switched.

Now, normally I would keep something like this to myself if it weren't for the fact that last night I saw something extreamly similiar. A shot from the ISS looking at the tail of the shuttle. In the backgroud, again a bright light. The light was steady, never waivered one direction or the other. And then...just faded away. I asked a fellow ATSer about it and it was suggested it was ice. They had also seen the image and managed to capture it.

Just reporting as I see it. I'm not making any claims nor ruling anything out. There have been so many reports lately...

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

If it was just debris or junk, there should be no reason to suddenly change the scene in the video feed.

But that always happens...doesnt it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by free_spirit

When viewing your media after uploading (on ATSMEDIA) the embed codes can be found a little below and on the right side of the frame from the video.

Thank you Phage, it worked!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Are these what you saw? The first one, with the tail section of the shuttle, is from yesterday. The second one is from today. This one starts with a cool shot of the sun appearing from behind the station.

I looks to me like we're seen a lens flare type reflection. Both occur at the same time relative to the ISS's sunset. In both, the spot does not move at all (nor do the shadows, indicating that the direction of the light is not changing much). As the sun sets, the reflections disappear. As it gets darker the gain of the camera is increased, making shuttle more visible but the reflection is gone.

Another interesting thing in both videos is that as the ISS enters total darkness, the illumination from the exterior lighting system becomes apparent.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Nevermind.
For some reason I couldn't embed both videos. See the links above.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Its a strange coincidence ufo show up again in Nasa footage and these show up as well.
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/5007735/UFOs-photographed-over-London.html[/url]

for some reason i cant get this to link
[edit on 19-3-2009 by sean]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yes! These were the two shots I've mentioned. The object or appearance of object stayed stationary the entire time while varying in brightness. In last nights (3/18) footage the light seemed to fade away. In tonights coverage, it became brighter and brighter until NASA switched the feed.

Ice would seem a possible and probable explaination for the first. It was exciting to watch it on live tv - I did get a bit excited as I watched it, then faded away to nothing.

I do have a thought about the ISS 'live' feeds from NASA. Do we really think if NASA knew there was an unidentified entity or ship in proximity to the ISS, that they would should any live feeds at all? They would more then likely switch to file footage. I have no doubt there are at least one set of eyes on those live shots at all times.

When I saw something tonight, I thought to myself this is too good to be true. Two nights in a row. When even though I've always wanted to, I've never seen a flying object I couldn't identify. Some of the most exciting almost ufos for me personally were satellites. I am certain of what I saw the night of the rocket launch to which I posted real time and later found reports from others on the ground describing what I saw.

I want that massive-triangle-flyover-my-head for which there is no question.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I saw the one tonight before I started the capture. It was so bright that I thought for a moment it might have been the moon, that's why I started the capture. They did cut to another camera but came back to the same view (the one I captured) and held it until it got dark.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yes, I'm seeing again at 3:42 am and that's most definatly a reflection. There appears to be a light on or near the bottom of the shuttle.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by NephraTari

I wouldnt go that far to rule out anything at this point. A brightly lit up object can appear to pass in front of or even through something. Cameras tend to do that sort of thing when something is out of focus, or simply overtaking the camera's input sensitivity range and focal length setting when lit up by a bright light source.

That spotlight is incredibly bright. It has to be so they can see the docking line up ring on the ISS as they approach it.

Perhaps we shoud look up the specs on that spotlight, its intensity rating etc. That at least will give us some idea of how far that spotlight could project its beam of light, and how wide it will disperse as distance increases.

Funny what people say

"we have NO IDEA wnat it is , so we can rule out it being a UFO.

2nd line if needed

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is amazing. I have been watching the nasa channel since the discovery launch. I'd drop in time to time because it's usually pretty boring , hoping to see something out there. I wish i had it in HD
I think it is amazing I wish I could see it in person. Maybe someday just to look back on our planet would be breathtaking.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hi All have a look here

www.projectprove.com...

Waste water being dumped from shuttle.

Looks like the objects being seen!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I saw the one tonight before I started the capture. It was so bright that I thought for a moment it might have been the moon, that's why I started the capture. They did cut to another camera but came back to the same view (the one I captured) and held it until it got dark.

Yes it was definitely a light reflection. This view of the robotic arm and Discovery with
a bit of Earth took hours yesterday, sometimes with more light but the same view at
different intervals. This is a more detailed version when the light reflection was more
intense like you said resembling the Moon. I signaled the round light to explain it's a
reflection from the source at the right, the big light from Discovery in my opinion.
Note: There was no audio in this broadcast.

[im]

(click to open player in new window)
[/im]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sorry for asking here, but what software do you use to captured those streaming videos?

I know I could find a program online, but I wanna know what you use.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Sorry for asking here, but what software do you use to captured those streaming videos?

I know I could find a program online, but I wanna know what you use.

I use Replay Media Catcher. Works across all video websites and can capture audio streams as well.

Tho it is not free, its cheap and has paid itself off dozens of times.

Replay Media Catcher

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join