It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps, WTF?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by booggyman111

Yes maybe they are practicing bombing some Chinese harassment ships or some Cuban boat people. A boat symbol seems appropriate.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It's native american. They used swasticas for centuries before the nazi's picked it up. Can't remember which tribes off-hand. Kinda reminds me of the nazca lines. Probably ceremonial. Really neat find though.

Chrono

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My previous post is in no way prejudice against Cuban boat people.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
Looks like an inverted swastika.
Anyone else see that?

As soon as I saw it I though of a swastika.. That is very weird, I really think that was intentionally put there. How does something like that just seemingly form a swastika sign?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Howdy... Nice find... very suspicious how all these shapes come up in off limit areas. Try these coordinates in google 37.4236526803 -116.65745689 or Here.... Its better on Google earth... is the tip pointing to 33degs? Is the angle of the compass at 39 or 40degs? I have nothing check out the angles on here. It's nellis afb...

Interesting area.. Maybe its been placed on google so we can find things to help assist the numbers game on ATS? A google ATS conspiracy? Gets the views up on both sights.

Rgds

[edit on 17-3-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub89

The swastika is often a representation of the sun.

www.crystalinks.com...

Near Oraibi, Arizona, there is a petroglyph known as Prophecy Rock which symbolizes many Hopi prophecies. Its interpretation is:

The large human figure on the left is the Great Spirit. The bow in his left hand represents his instructions to the Hopi to lay down their weapons. The vertical line to the right of the Great Spirit is a time scale in thousands of years. The point at which the great Spirit touches the line is the time of his return.

The "life path" established by the Great Spirit divides into the lower, narrow path of continuous Life in harmony with nature and the wide upper road of white man's scientific achievements. The bar between the paths, above the cross, is the coming of white men; the Cross is that of Christianity. The circle below the cross represents the continuous Path of Life.

The four small human figures on the upper road represent, on one level, the past three worlds and the present; on another level, the figures indicate that some of the Hopi will travel the white man's path, having been seduced by its glamour.

The two circles on the lower Path of Life are the "great shaking of the earth" (World Wars One and Two). The swastika in the sun and the Celtic cross represent the two helpers of Pahana, the True White Brother.

The short line that returns to the straight Path of Life is the last chance for people to turn back to nature before the upper road disintegrates and dissipates. The small circle above the Path of Life, after the last chance, is the Great Purification, after which corn will grow in abundance again when the Great Spirit returns. And the Path of Life continues forever...

The Hopi shield in the lower right corner symbolizes the Earth and the Four-Corners area where the Hopi have been reserved. The arms of the cross also represent the four directions in which they migrated according to the instructions of the Great Spirit.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If it is, in fact a Swastika then I guess my question would it be a good or evil swastika. I think it had lots of positive attention before the Nazi Party used it to kill so many people. Then I would wonder what year it was created? I think the boat bombing is concluded. What’s with the circles? The tops of nuclear reactors?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Looks like a subdivision to the south, but when you look closer each "lot" is blank or has a satellite dish in it. I would be willing to guess it use to be a mark for testing bomb dropping. I also noticed its right outside of Rosewell

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hey this is pretty cool!

I live in New Mexico. Maybe I can go explore this place and report back. That is if ATS funds my expedition of course.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

i posted this in november
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The Swastika means different things to different cultures and religions.

I take it to mean eternity. Also to mean the crossing.

If you look at the ship/boat image that can also mean the crossing/eternity the way of the soul in its crossing. The vessel that takes us from this side to the otherside and back again.

I have to wonder if it was used for bomber practice it would have been a little hard to still make out the detail after being targeted. It isn't very far from Trinity. I have intuitively investigated this area in Google earth a few years back after putting together some different pieces to a puzzle queenannie38 (an ATS member and friend) helped me with.

I will not go into detail but it surprised me that this imagery was found in that exact location.

For help in my personal journey does anyone see a connection of this combination of symbols and the number 17?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Even if this isn't a bad swastika, it still has some type of meaning. It looks as if it is a swastika, on a circle, on a cross. Does anyone know if that symbol has any other meaning? Lets do some research on that symbol and see if we can come up with anything.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the swastika is intended to be a airport.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's my backyard, and I made it with with my feet.

Amazing huh?

No really, it's made by the reptilians to capture you for the feast.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub89
Even if this isn't a bad swastika, it still has some type of meaning. It looks as if it is a swastika, on a circle, on a cross. Does anyone know if that symbol has any other meaning? Lets do some research on that symbol and see if we can come up with anything.

The cross within the circle is a medicine wheel. It is also the symbol of the great crossing that happens every 25,600 years. It is also the crossing of the soul as is the swastika. As is the ship, in Egyptian belief they used very similar glyphs to represent the way to eternity or the otherside.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by booggyman111
did anybody notice that the top square looks like the outline of a ship? maybe the military uses it to practice bombing.

Yes. About 30 other people in the posts you did not read. This thread should be archived in the ATS 101 book. I can understand not wanting to work-out in a gym everyday, but the energy expenditure associated with clicking a mouse and moving one's eyes should be low enough for anyone to partake in.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Looks like a worshipful tribute to german legos? The cartouche seems to say "Mexican gardner loves to play in sand" or something to that effect.

Yust keeedinnng...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
At first glance it does look like a Swastika. But also what are those various diagrams around the actual centre? Looks like a big email icon on the left, and an old telephone on the right. Don't know wtf that is at the top, very weird...

PS: I think it looks more like this Buddhist Symbol:
Swatstika Symbol In Buddhism

[edit on 18/3/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

that is strange but check this out on google earth and zoom in you can clearly see the airstrip runways

32 5641.84 N 106 2503.23 W

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Someone should seriously make at least one post per page of this thread reminding people that WTF has been answered and that the site is one of many World War 2 era precision bombing ranges. This continued speculation is beyond rediculous.

Deny Ignorance is still the motto of ATS?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join