It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone had a dream like this before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Last night, I had a dream that I was at a karate class. The teacher of the class said to everyone, that there was a student of his in the room that had the ability to be a great warrior someday. When the class was over he told me to stay behind.

He then told me that I was the student that he was talking about. He also told me that with the proper training I could be a the great warrior he spoke of and that the enemy that I would be fighting against would lose.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a dream like this before. That was the first time I've ever had a dream like that.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
He then told me that I was the student that he was talking about. He also told me that with the proper training I could be a the great warrior he spoke of and that the enemy that I would be fighting against would lose.

The simplest interpretation I can fathom would be "Devote yourself to your goals and you will succeed".

I don't like sounding like a fortune cookie, but that's what many dreams typically are. Little pats on the back, bits of insight for the subconscious and conscious mind. Most of them are figurative with a few here and there more literal. I have had dreams predict occurrences before, but from my experience it is more often things of a mundane nature.

This one I believe my interpretation is valid because you state that the teacher said

had the ability to be a great warrior someday

We all have the ability to be great, we only need reach for it.

Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Thank you, that seems to make a lot of sense. Ever since, I had the dream, the words from the karate teaching have been echoing in my head.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've never had one like that. My subconcious is rather hard on me it seems. If anything like that were to ever happen in my dreams it would probably be the other way around. Me telling a dream character that they have great potential.

I did actually do something like this, the other way around, one time. When I went lucid in a world that seemed to be bullied around a bit, possibly the powerful were tyrannical. I told some of the young people in it (who helped me by witnessing to a situation I was unsure of) that it was a dream and gave them money and told them that they didn't have to worry about anything. They already could fly and everything, they just didn't realize it was a dream. I was wrong about the world though, it wasn't tyrannically ruled, those other people were just playing a trick on me, a very long drawn out prank.

EDIT: Question: did you know who the man was in the karate class or is he a stranger? Also, did you know any of your fellow students?

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Novise]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
Question: did you know who the man was in the karate class or is he a stranger? Also, did you know any of your fellow students?

No I didn't the teacher of the class, but he seemed to know me well enough. I also didn't know any of the students in the class, but I did recognize the karate studio because I don't live far from it.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

in your dream:

the class is held locally; your 'battle' will be localised.

the message bearer is the 'teacher'; you have a lesson to learn.

the teacher advised you within the context of a 'group'; your battle will be public or within a public arena

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
in your dream:
the message bearer is the 'teacher'; you have a lesson to learn

However, I don't know what lesson I'm suppose to be learning from. It's funny how this is coming up so close to my 20th birthday.

top topics

join