It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Chemtrail Conspiracy is Unplausible, and Meteorologically Innacurate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Infadel

the purpose is to refract light out of the atmosphere, which they say will help counter global warming.

BINGO !

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Very good post. Thank you for the sound reasoning towards chemtrails or contrails. In my mind I am really unsure and lean towards what can be explained as you stated. I am tired of hearing about chemtrails regardless of their origin.

I do have a question though and am looking forward to a reasonable explanation as I would rather have that over some mystical circular reasoning.

In a contrail what creates the breaks or gaps that we see in the trail?

I know people that like to conclude, that is when "they" turn off the chemtrail or are reloading the pod with chemtrail contents or something like that.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

The atmosphere is very dynamic. You can actually be leaving a contrail, and fly through an area of atmosphere where contrail formation is not occurring then fly back into an area where they are forming.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yeah coal is nasty, there's a coal power station less than 100km from me, it powers nearly the whole state.

Another industry I found that produces a lot of waste is paper mills, the figures for that were quite astounding.

I'll try to find the info.

*EDIT: Found the info I was looking for.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pulp and paper is the third largest industrial polluter to air, water, and land in both Canada and the United States, and releases well over 100 million kg of toxic pollution each year

So the question is, why the hell would the government bother with poisoning everyone with an expensive and unreliable method like chemtrails when industry is already doing it anyway??

Madness...

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Or maybe you didn't have the air traffic as a kid where you live.
Maybe you didn't notice it as a kid and were preoccupied with other kid things.

I'm not looking for an argument but just saying since I wondered that too.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

In the thread I linked to I provided a link to a site showing all of the EPA monitored sites in the USA.

Toxic Waste Sites

The links below will connect you to pages containing yet more links to US EPA pages describing Superfund (National Priority List) toxic waste sites throughout the United States. These are among the worst toxic waste sites in the country. Note: EPA is in the habit of regularly relocating their Superfund site pages. Links are updated as time allows.

www.eco-usa.net...

Quite scary really.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Can't help but feel that chemtrails are somehow related to the use of DU weapons. (polymers are used to bring particles to ground) The ultra fine particles have traveled worldwide since the two gulf wars. One small particle in the lungs can kill with time.

If there is another major conflict, say with Iran, you can bet your bottom dollar that DU weapons will be used. After the mess ends we will be looking at chemtrails till the day we die.

Imagine a weapon, like DU, so deadly, that it basically poisons the entire planet. In an effort to deflect attention, I feel the govt. has let experts "leak" and sell the population that chemtrails are for weather modification.

How can a government get support for repeated conflicts, if the general population were to realize the cost healthwise, that they will eventually have to pay.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Thank you for the sound reasoning. I wasn't sure if it was logical for gaps but if what you stated happens then that about kills my chemtrail what if's.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This I like to see, chemtrail pictures uploaded to the EPA Earth Day 2008 Photo Contest:.. Go to link and upload yours to day !!

EPA Earth Day 2008 Photo Contest:

And what is this plane mechanic lying about exactly ?

I began to trace the piping from the pumps. These pipes lead to a network of small pipes that ended in the trailing edges of the wings and horizontal stabilizers. If you look closely at the wings of a large airplane you will see a set of wires, about the size of your finger, extending from the trailing edge of the wing surfaces. These are the static discharge wicks. They are used to dissipate the static electric charge that builds up on a plane in flight. I discovered that the pipes from this mystery system lead to every 1 out of 3 of these static discharge wicks. These wicks had been "hollowed out" to allow whatever flows through these pipes to be discharged through these fake wicks.

Salute...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

That "mechanic" is an idiot. First of all, static wicks are tiny. The amount of volume you could get through one is miniscule. Even if you used half of them to spray you wouldn't be able to get anywhere NEAR the amount that people claim are coming from a plane.

Secondly, getting rid of half the static wicks on a plane like that would cause a static charge to build up, especially if there was a lightning strike, and it would make the planes vulnerable. The charge would run right down the pipes to whatever they were attached to, and could jump to other parts of the plane.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

where was this mechanic located? What air frame was he working on? What was the tail number of the plane? What was the mechanics name? What company did he work for?

Please feel free to answer any or all of these questions. Just so the rest of us know more about this situation. If this plane exists, it should be no problem to get a court order to investigate and blow this thing wide open. Or maybe it's all BS and we will just hear more about this in internet chat sites like this, where anyone can give information with no backup sources.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why would anyone star and flag this ridiculous propaganda?

Does anyone really think that "persistent contrails" -- WATER VAPOR from jet exhaust -- could linger for HOURS, then slowly spread out and completely OBLITERATE a clear blue sky?

OZWeatherman strenuously insists he's not a government shill, but threads like this make me think otherwise.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Please address the issue at hand and refrain from attacking fellow members.

[edit on 3/16/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Does anyone really think that "persistent contrails" -- WATER VAPOR from jet exhaust -- could linger for HOURS, then slowly spread out and completely OBLITERATE a clear blue sky?

Yeah....clouds do it all the time. WATER VAPOR...lingering for hours...spreading out and OBLITERATING a clear blue sky.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

where was this mechanic located? What air frame was he working on? What was the tail number of the plane? What was the mechanics name? What company did he work for?

Please feel free to answer any or all of these questions. Just so the rest of us know more about this situation. If this plane exists, it should be no problem to get a court order to investigate and blow this thing wide open. Or maybe it's all BS and we will just hear more about this in internet chat sites like this, where anyone can give information with no backup sources.

I post the link, there is no names as it is an anonomous source..
Chemtrails

It is the last story on this page, it also say Unconfirmed, so you know!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
That "mechanic" is an idiot. First of all, static wicks are tiny. The amount of volume you could get through one is miniscule. Even if you used half of them to spray you wouldn't be able to get anywhere NEAR the amount that people claim are coming from a plane.

Secondly, getting rid of half the static wicks on a plane like that would cause a static charge to build up, especially if there was a lightning strike, and it would make the planes vulnerable. The charge would run right down the pipes to whatever they were attached to, and could jump to other parts of the plane.

Didn't you miss out that the so called "Chemtrail" comes from the engines, rather than the discharge wicks? Just a thought, but that is where they seem to come from.

Oh, and in response to:

The article you link for the cost issue doesn't really say anything, is written in a vague style, as well as covering for a lack of proof with the line

All documents in our office pertaining to Project Cloverleaf are kept in
locked safes. Nobody is allowed to take these documents out of the
office. Very few employees are allowed access to these documents, and
they remain tight-lipped about what the documents say.

So all in all, I'm not going to trust that one bit.

And again, I don't see any special reason to believe pages of pure text about scientific issues. It is anecdotal at best.

Also, as an aside:

For eye witness reports, to suggest that the average person knows a lot about the atmosphere is probably a flawed idea since:

On the morning of May 18, 1980, many people in eastern Washington noticed dark, threatening clouds approaching from the west. Most thought the clouds were part of one of the enormous thunderstorms common in late spring. However, what they did not know was that at 8:32 a.m. Mount St. Helens had erupted explosively, blasting an enormous column of volcanic ash and gas more than 60,000 feet into the air.

If we are susceptible to mistaking Volcanic ash for rain, well, I don't think we can really trust youtube videos consisting of perfectly white and normal looking contrails as proof of chemtrails.

So lets not jump to any conclusions about contrails due to reports by just about anyone, OK?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

We've seen that story before. That man did not trace that plumbing to its terminus without dismantling a sizable portion of the aircraft's skin, systems, and/or airframe.

Thinking he may have reveals a large gap in anyone's understanding of modern aircraft and their complexity.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Why would anyone star and flag this ridiculous propaganda?

OZWeatherman strenuously insists he's not a government shill, but threads like this make me think otherwise.

I was thinking the same thing about the OP, but, I don't like the OP's general approach to the topic.

Whether or not a certain person is a "shill", hardly matters. This site has plenty of good posters and critical thinkers.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

There is no mention of 'removing' any wicks, he said they were 'hollowed out', not the same thing.
And he said 'small tubes', finger sized wicks.
Is he wrong about the size of these wicks ??
Is he wrong about the amount of wicks?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Even if they are just hollowed out, yes he is wrong about the size of the wicks. Static wicks end up coming to a point, which is tiny. They are usually 3-8 inches long, and about as big around as a soda straw.

www.aerospaceweb.org...

That page has an example of different static wicks. Do you SERIOUSLY think that you could get ANY kind of volume out something that tiny?

As for "removing them" these are what protect an aircraft from lightning strikes. If you run tubes to them, you are giving the lightning charge a wonderful way to run right down to various important parts of the aircraft. Minor little things like fuel tanks. The lightning is going to hit the plane, and instead of grounding on the wicks, it's going to run right down the metal tubes going to them.

[edit on 3/16/2009 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The OP is wrong. He is correct in explaining what contrails are, but he is ignoring chem trails. I watch jets fly over all the time, some leave trails that go away in a few minutes (those are contrails) then some stay all day and make clouds (those are chem trails). The funny thing is with their chem trails you can see they start just above the city then they go all the way across then they stop. the plains don't land the trails are in different areas. How come they only happen over the populated areas, and when they leave those ares they go away.

This is just another attempt at covering up what is going on. The German Air force admitted that they are spreading filaments to control the weather. Our government is doing the same. But don't let them fool you, they are doing more than just that. Operation Clover Leaf has four parts to it. W heather control is only one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join