It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Arrest Priest For Filming Them!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Here we go again is right! Lets blow one incident out of proportion.

I do understand you're a cop but have to laugh at the above statement.
It seems everytime you come to the defense of your fellow officers, you always say something to the effect of " this is an isolated incident,by a single person". The ironic part is it's consistently happenning almost daily accross the nation, so it's not isolated and you keep repeating this same theory.

I personally (as you probably know) can't stand cops and judge them as they judge us, as a whole. Cops are no different than citizens. I know some are good, but just as many are bad.

I have nothing persoanal against you as I haven't personally met you and you may be one of the nicest guys on the planet. Unfortunately everytime I have the pleasure of meeting a cop it's because he wants to be a ballbuster.

I don't or never will need a LEO to protect or help me. Look at the title itself, Law Enforcemnet Officer. Laws are put in place to do nothing more than create revenue and control the population via fear tactics. To accomplish ones goals by creating fear. So in essence, Leos are technically terrorists.

I'm sure you may have a decent heart and HAVE helped those who needed it, but I guarentee that you and every other cop alive have had a much more negative affect on more people's lives than positive.

My father was a cop and to think I wanted to be one as a child. Thank God he talked me out of it. I would rather be an honest man who made a mistake with a trumped up record any day, than a cop which brings more negativity than good to the citizens they're supposed to help.

When did cops turn from true protecters of the people, to just a tool used to enforce and bring revenue to the corporation?

When did we become less important than paper?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Oh brother....

I feel bad for most cops. They have one of the most thankless jobs now, due to this sort of nonsense, they are painted as the 'bad guys' more often than not. They have to contend with all the drug dealers, crooks and dangerous criminals, and then deal with the public who wants to paint them as wicked, cruel members of some NWO.

Some are good but as many are bad? What utter hogwash. It's certainly easy to invent #'s like that — where is your proof? I'd say there are a fair # of cops that get power hungry and act like idiots, and set a bad example for all.

But I think it's the tiny minority. Cops go into a home and breakup a party of loud, obnoxious teens drinking and smoking pot.. and who is targeted as being in the wrong? The cops. It just amazes me.

So, in this case in particular, the way cops are being demonized by the public, I can understand why cops would NOT want to be filmed trying to do their jobs. They probably realize full well it's going to be thrown onto youtube, with edits and incomplete footage, to paint them in the worst light possible.

There are absolutely bad cops. And there are also bad teachers, fruit salemen, priests, dishwashers, maids, cooks, lawyers, judges, CEOs.. the list goes on and on. With cops, it's unfortunate, because the extra laws and power they have by virtue of having to do their jobs, can easily target them with negative press. So the bad apples have a very negative affect on the whole.

But I think it IS a fraction. They have to deal with crap from ALL sides. Apparently now, they are the enemy to ALL! And people don't realize how screwed we'd be if there were no cops. We need law enforcement. I feel badly for them. It's a job I'd NEVER want now. Nothing but hate pouring to them from all sides, no matter what they do.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

oh brother , obviously you haven't encountered the bad cops... If you had you would have a totally different opinion. As it doesn't take much to become a police officer, I believe they need stricter rules and stricter recruiting practices, because alot of these guys are people straight out of highschool and still very much not ready for the job. I think they need mental checks and all that good stuff for this is an epidemic not an isolated incident.

yo fleabit check out my forced blood draw thread, I mean would you give your consent to a blood draw even though you've done nothing wrong? I think not...

[edit on 15-3-2009 by atsfanoffthescalez]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsfanoffthescalez
oh brother , obviously you haven't encountered the bad cops... If you had you would have a totally different opinion. As it doesn't take much to become a police officer, I believe they need stricter rules and stricter recruiting practices, because alot of these guys are people straight out of highschool and still very much not ready for the job. I think they need mental checks and all that good stuff for this is an epidemic not an isolated incident.

yo fleabit check out my forced blood draw thread, I mean would you give your consent to a blood draw even though you've done nothing wrong? I think not...

It doesn't take much to be a cop. LOL. So you can attend and pass the 26 week academy right? You have ATLEAST an associates degree RIGHT? And as for the right out of high school...ummmmm 99% of departments in the US require you to be 21 before you can be certified as a police officer/deputy sheriff. So NO cop anywhere comes right out of high school. As for the "mental" test we do have to take a psychological test, unlike teachers and others who SHOULD also be tested. We also have an exstensive background check done, not to mention a drug test, oh and a credit history run. Does your job require all of this? Probably not...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

oh brother , obviously you haven't encountered the bad cops... If you had you would have a totally different opinion.

Now what about me. I encounter EVERY day people who act like morons. Does that entitle me to bunch up the rest of society due to the people I deal with during my shift?

When I arrest a gang banger for selling heroin and he's black, does that mean ALL blacks are no good gang member drug dealers?

When i arrest a hispanic for stealing a stereo our of a car, does that mean ALL hispanics are no good thieves?

When I arrest a white female for prostitution, does that mean every woman out there is a hooker and should be treated as such?

It blows my mind how you guys can so EASILY judge EVERY cop due to a few incidents. In 2008 there was something like 6.7 million calls for service for law enforcement, meaning people requested police assistance or the officer self initiated the incident, and over the past year there may have been 100 or 200 incidents involving morons wearing the badge. We aren't perfect, never will claim to be, but the fact that people can't understand the human aspect of an officer really leaves me shaking my head.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

100-200 incidents that number seems low to me(bet theres like 1000 unreported)... And yes it's not difficult to become a police officer, If you have half a brain you can become one. Sorry for being so non chalant, but I just feel thats the way it is. I appreciate your service, but I for one don't like being racially profiled or falsely accused due to another humans negligence. I mean how crowded are our prisions? We are the biggest prison state in the world obviously there's something wrong.

also on a side note I feel everyone(that has half a brain/no criminal record/other little things that I cant think of right now) should bear arms and then maybe we can cut back on those leos being called out, bet it would drastically change society as we know it and maybe police can actually do police work and not accost are citizens who pay their salary.

and here in CA you dont need an associates degree just 21 and high school degree or ged is enough... SO YES I COULD BECOME A LEO... heres my source www.lacity.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

100-200 incidents that number seems low to me(bet theres like 1000 unreported)...

Oh I am sure there is more, but even into a few thousand, the ratio is still in favor of good cops. Sorry to burst the I HATE PIGS/COPS/NAZI bubble but the problem is NOT as widespread and bad as ATS would like to believe.

And yes it's not difficult to become a police officer, If you have half a brain you can become one. Sorry for being so non chalant, but I just feel thats the way it is.

Just not the case. What I don't get is on ATS and in society there are SO many who think they know what it takes, think they have the answers, think they can do it better, etc...yet NONE of those people join the force. None of those people even lift a finger to try and come help make it better. Instead they sit and bitch, piss and moan, talk smack, say this and that but NEVER are willing to come do my job for/with me. At some point you gotta put up or shut up.

I appreciate your service, but I for one don't like being racially profiled or falsely accused due to another humans negligence. I mean how crowded are our prisions? We are the biggest prison state in the world obviously there's something wrong.

I appreciate that. As for the racially profiled or falsly accused...WELCOME TO MY WORLD. over 3/4 of the posts in this thread alone did that to me because I wear a badge. As for the prison stats, there is over 300 million people in this country. Our prisons are now at what, just over 7 million people locked up. That means 293+ miillion other people have been acting right and NOT drawing attention to themselves by acting stupid...so I don't see a problem with this. Also keep in mind, other countries don't match our crime rate. WHY, because other countires aren't going to play patty cake with felons and other criminals the way we do. They will execute you, cut off limbs, etc...instead of locking you up. So don't confuse the numbers with real world facts. Most americans think EVERY country is like ours, when infact...they are not and deal with things differently.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I like your thoughts, but I feel you are just defending your fellow officers and almost giving a blind eye to the problems that do occur. Such as corruption. Corruption is everywhere in our politics in our police force in basically everyplace it can be. I for one feel the public should be in charge of safety to an extent,but once again I'd like to reiterate "it doesnt take much to become a police officer" at least here in CA and yes they do come straight out of high school straight in to the force. I mean is getting through high school and the police academy really enough? I think not ,but thats just my opinion. I hope we can agree to disagree, but still feel free to reply! =)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

That's all well and good as a crisis control statement, but what do you have to say about the OP?
It appears to be becoming increasingly common.
As an 'insider' you must have some information you can share regarding this.

I think an officer made a mistake. Was he WRONG, I wasn't there, do not know ALL the facts. Reading the OP and going off the information given to me, I have no idea why he was worried about the camera and if he did the things as stated then I see or would think he could should be suspended. And depending on his history, I wouldn't want him on my team.

I did take the camera away from a bystandard one time a few years back. He was on a public street taking video of the scene and I went to ask him to stop. He told me to F-off, I'm on a public street, and all that jazz...so I snatched the camera from him and told him when the scene was clear he could have it back. No before you get as mad as this guy was understand something....the scene he was filming included a victim who was an 11 year old girl, WHO WAS STILL THERE while this JA was filming. Sorry but I WILL NOT let ANYONE film a kid, especially a kid who was just victimized for your own little game. Needless to say when we cleared the scene and he got his video camera back, MINUS the tape, he wanted my name, badge number blah blah blah...I told him sure thing, just make sure your MAN enough to tell the little girls parents/father that your sick behind was filming their victimized daughter. He said he was sorry and went home....because he knew there were limits. So no matter what you think understand there HAS to be limits on stuff like this.

Again my case is MUCH different then most of these but still. Common Sense should play a part. But as I said, if you really want to film me doing my job...fine by me. Just don't cross that line like I mentioned above, or bye bye camera.

That's all well and good, but you STILL HAD NO RIGHT TO TAKE HIS CAMERA AWAY. What, pray tell, was he doing illegal that made you take the camera?

Or are you saying that the CCTV's don't film 11 year old girls?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

I dont know if I was a police officer and I saw a priest filming me at an incident involving a young girl, I would probly feel like taking that camera away, But thats not his job. I mean who knows, its not like his wife miscarried two children of his because of the incident as this is what happened to my friend due to police negligence.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
The data should be ours unless a court Subpoenas it or it is believed to be a witness in a certain level of crime - not just because they want to destroy it. It would have to meet defined criteria before they could confiscate it or censor it. Now they just do what ever they feel like on a whim with each making up their own rules as they go.

rjc is the perfect example of this by taking away someone's camera for filming him while dealing with an 11 year old girl.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Even the media didn't train their cameras on the little girl. But theres always someone to push the issue. Bottom line is this...if you have a child, YOUR FLESH AND BLOOD and he/she was just raped, victimized, etc...and you saw some guy standing there with a camera taking photos of him/her, or filming him/her and you as a father or mother would be ok with it then fine, but imagine for a moment, I am standing there in my uniform and you see some guy filming your crying child who's life has just been turned upside down and maybe destoryed, and you get pissed off and ask me to have him stop and I reply "sorry sir he has every right to film your kid, he can do whatever he wants actually, I don't care about your personal feeling, or your daughters misfortune, she just has to deal with it" how would you feel? Or if you as a father/mother attacked the camera guy and I had to now arrest YOU for assualting this free citizen doing NOTHING wrong? If you as a parent would be totally fine with your child being filmed, then seeing her on youtube, or the internet, then having to spend ALOT of money to sue the person who posted, if you EVER even find out who it was, etc...then by all means, good luck.

Its easy to sit and say what SHOULD be allowed, what you WOULD do, but when your seeing a child cry and KNOW what he/she has gone through, you might understand a little more as to why there IS times when things have to be done.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
The data should be ours unless a court Subpoenas it or it is believed to be a witness in a certain level of crime - not just because they want to destroy it. It would have to meet defined criteria before they could confiscate it or censor it. Now they just do what ever they feel like on a whim with each making up their own rules as they go.

rjc is the perfect example of this by taking away someone's camera for filming him while dealing with an 11 year old girl.

I will do it OVER and OVER...I would rather be sued, fired, hated by 50 retarded adults, then allow an innocent 11 year old victim to be raked over the coals even more then she already was. Her future and her safety are more important to me then somones right to get her on camera so they can expose her for their own gain. Sorry but there is NO reason anyone with even poop for brains should want to film a child who was a victim of certain crimes.

So bring on the bashing, the hate, the rude remarks, all of it...I will gladly take it knowing I may have saved a child from any further unnecasaery embarrassment.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Police are 99% serial killers period. anyone trying to dispute that has no case, especially the scum that work for them and try to say things like a few bad apples, what a joke saying that is. the whole pack of apples are rotten, and the power corrupts all of them period.

Talk is cheap. How many cops on here, and set up people that there friends do not like, pure scum.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So let me get this straight. YOU want to be able to film an 11 year old girl who has just been rented out, pimped out, and forced to do sexual acts with the parents friends BY the parents for cash? You honestly think WE as LE shouldn't step in and protect this child from even further damage, i.e. being put on some douchbags video and that video ends up god knows where.

Previously, you stated that you said to the guy about telling the parents/father of the girl about filming her. Well, you yourself, jus said that her parents/father were the ones pimping her out.

So what is actually against the law? Pimping out your own 11 year old daughter or filming her dealing with the police?

I think you (the police) need to get your priorities straightened out.

And anyone, ANYONE who thinks it should be ok to put a child on film like this in my eyes is a waste of space and that mindset is FAR more dangerous then a cop with an attitude problem.

And anyone, ANYONE cop who thinks that pimping out their own child isn't worse than a stranger filming her (possibly for her own protection against YOU) is a waste of space and shouldn't have a badge and a gun.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I feel bad for most cops. They have one of the most thankless jobs now, due to this sort of nonsense, they are painted as the 'bad guys' more often than not. They have to contend with all the drug dealers, crooks and dangerous criminals, and then deal with the public who wants to paint them as wicked, cruel members of some NWO.

It only happens because the cops think of this as a whole. We are not innocent civilians in their eyes. We are criminals just waiting to come out.

Some are good but as many are bad? What utter hogwash. It's certainly easy to invent #'s like that — where is your proof? I'd say there are a fair # of cops that get power hungry and act like idiots, and set a bad example for all.

But I think it's the tiny minority.

Tiny? Let me take a guess.....you're a cop.

I'll keep quiet on what I think is really the tiny aspect of these LEO's.

So, in this case in particular, the way cops are being demonized by the public, I can understand why cops would NOT want to be filmed trying to do their jobs. They probably realize full well it's going to be thrown onto youtube, with edits and incomplete footage, to paint them in the worst light possible.

At least it won't conveniently get "lost" like the patrol car videos do.

There are absolutely bad cops. And there are also bad teachers, fruit salemen, priests, dishwashers, maids, cooks, lawyers, judges, CEOs.. the list goes on and on. With cops, it's unfortunate, because the extra laws and power they have by virtue of having to do their jobs, can easily target them with negative press. So the bad apples have a very negative affect on the whole.

Which is why if their "brothers" will not police the bad ones, eventually us citizens will have to.

But I think it IS a fraction. They have to deal with crap from ALL sides. Apparently now, they are the enemy to ALL!

I'm sorry but the cops have placed themselves in this predicament. Because they have the mindset that all of us are the enemy. Should we then in turn treat them like they are our "friends"?

And people don't realize how screwed we'd be if there were no cops. We need law enforcement. I feel badly for them. It's a job I'd NEVER want now. Nothing but hate pouring to them from all sides, no matter what they do.

Maybe if they would police their own and not treat all citizens like criminals then this wouldn't have happened?

What comes around, goes around.

Reap what you sow.

Etc., Etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I should probably thank you now, you have proved my point exactly. Which is that most cops and some other individuals think they're above the law in this matter. Photographers have basic rights and some cops seem to think that they can be the judge jury and executioner on the spot when they spot one. They wield their psychic powers and magically always know why someone is filming for example 11yo. girl. You sir went even beyond this, you seem to know that the video would've ended up in youtube etc. I wish I'd be that psychic.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

not to mention a drug test, oh and a credit history run. Does your job require all of this? Probably not...

Do you get drug tested on a regular basis?

A lot of other people do.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

We aren't perfect, never will claim to be, but the fact that people can't understand the human aspect of an officer really leaves me shaking my head.

The fact that cops don't understand the "human aspect" of regular citizens is why you all will be labeled like this. Police your own and we might start looking at you differently.

Until then, you ARE part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Previously, you stated that you said to the guy about telling the parents/father of the girl about filming her. Well, you yourself, jus said that her parents/father were the ones pimping her out.

Ummm, thats not what i said. I asked YOU if you were the father of an 11 year old who was a victim of a crime, would you as her father sit by and let some guy film your daughter as she was going through hell? And would you be ok as a father if I stood by in uniform and did nothing about it, even if you asked me too. So not sure how or why you got confused.

So what is actually against the law? Pimping out your own 11 year old daughter or filming her dealing with the police?

Again your confusion confused me..lol. What was done to her WAS illegal and thats why her scumbag parents are serving 15 years each. As for the guy who was filming her, nothing was illegal about it, but as I stated before, I don't give a poop about his rights in this instance, I car about a kid who has just had her life turned upside down by her own parents. So him losing his camera NOWHERE near compares to her losing her virginity to a 30 year old, losing her parents for being scum, and losing her childhood forever.....

I think you (the police) need to get your priorities straightened out.

I think the above shows mine are as straight as can be! 11 year old girl with NOTHING and a Victim compared to retards camera...yeah..my priorities are just fine thanks.

And anyone, ANYONE who thinks it should be ok to put a child on film like this in my eyes is a waste of space and that mindset is FAR more dangerous then a cop with an attitude problem.

And anyone, ANYONE cop who thinks that pimping out their own child isn't worse than a stranger filming her (possibly for her own protection against YOU) is a waste of space and shouldn't have a badge and a gun.

LOL..your a winner, thats for sure. I think getting the parents 15 years each, getting her into a good home with relatives so she can somewhat have a normal life, and keeping her from being on some Aholes personal video collection proves I did my job. But as I said if you want to make assumption, call me names, hate my profession thats fine...while you were on ATS typing and THINKING your doing any good, I was on the street actually protecting this kid from people like you, and boy is it worth every pissed of person!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join