It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel READY to Attack Iran!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Israel is READY to attack Iran:

www.presstv.ir...

Yes, I know they've been saying this for a while, but Iran is going to get the S300 surface to air missiles from Russia VERY soon, and Israel KNOWS that if Iran gets that, then the military option is off the table.

This is because the U.S. doesn't have the backbone for another war, so Israel has to do it itself, or their time will run out.

I'm saying war by the end of the month maybe?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
And will America get involved? So Russia is appearantly Irans ally, If Isreal attacks Iran and Russia comes to Iran's aid, since Isreal is our ally do we come to Isreals aid? This will be a huge decision by President Obama.
-E-

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
[edit on 4-3-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well I guess Israel wont be getting many "Happy Hanukkah" cards this year from around the globe if they start WWIII.

IRM

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You got to ask yourself one question here.
How will Iran take this potential attack and or attack.

A country that doesn't even recognize the state of another country, attacking it will be very upsetting to Iran. I would not be surprised at all if they have all their weapons pointed at Israel, and Mahmood Ahmadinejad just hit one button and a very loud sound said FIRE!!!!

Poof no more Israel, no more Iran cause we'd do something or someone else potentianlly might.

Hey on the upside, it might quiet down tensions a little bit!

I wish they could just find a treaty that pleased them both or some other thing.

I'm not a Foreign relations expert just personal opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
when was it that joe biden said obama would be tested with a major problem of importance? i cant remember. maybe this is what he was referring to. and were to damn nosy not to mind our own business. itll be something along the lines of " we were in the area already...." when they explain why more of our kids need to be sent to slaughter. sickening, i tell you.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Joe Biden said that "It will not be 6 months till Obama is tested."

So this would mean until June, and we are half way there.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Iran has been the one making threats against Israel. Israel, if anything, is prepared to defend itself by all means necessary. They need to be...they aren't even recognized as a state by much of the surrounding population in their region.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Israel cant take Iran on their own imo without resorting to nukes,israel will have to bit her lip and accept they lost their chance for military action against Iran.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Would you recognize a country that is barbaric in nature?

They stole the land, so why would they be recognized?

It makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
With the appointment of Netanyahu to form a new coalition, the Israeli government has taken steps towards that eventuality of going to war. The fear that one should have about the situation is not for Israel, but for the other countries who will continue to provoke it. When Israel attacks, ESPECIALLY if it is not counting on the backing of the United States, we could see the most devastating first strikes in recorded history.

As we have seen from past Israeli conflicts, the nation will be as aggressive as it needs to be to fight for survival. If it percieves a threat, we must remember that there is no policy in Israel against a Nuclear first strike. Though, I don't see this happening without a full-scale attack against Israel from Syria or Iran, we do have to realize that Israel has shown considerable restraint in not using the full might of its arsenal against, first, Saddam Hussein, and now against the Iranians. Netanyahu's appointment is a statement that this period may be at an end.

One does wonder if the current administration will back an Israeli aggressive move. Though this move will, undoubtedly, be precipitated by other states in the region, the Israeli counterattack would be swift and, ultimately, decisive. It's my opinion that, if the Obama administration equivocates on standing policy that favors Israel, this will only press the small nation's back further against a rapidly approaching wall. This will make their response even more decisive.

So, it would seem that, the tipping point is drawing near. Hopefully there is some diplomatic solution, but, it would seem that there are certain factors at work that will cause a large escalation within the next 6 months.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Presstv is Iranian religious state propaganda.
Nothing they say can be taken seriously.
Its like fox news to the other extreme.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
PRESSTV is pure crap. This is like the 5th thread by someone in the last month stating something by PRESSTV that hasnt come true. What about the war on Feb 12th between Israel and Hezbollaha that PRESSTV reported?

When are the gullible folks going to quit reading that BS? I mean how many times in a row does PRESSTV have to be wrong before folks quit buying into it?

Just for reference, here is the other thread by the OP about the "war" that never started on the 12th of Feb.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by princeofpeace]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

This is because the U.S. doesn't have the backbone for another war, so Israel has to do it itself, or their time will run out.

U.S. doesn't have what? We can't get into another war. We are already too involved in two wars. And why the heck should we have to fight a war for Israel? For all I care, if Iran and Israel want to fight a war, let them.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Iran has been the one making threats against Israel. Israel, if anything, is prepared to defend itself by all means necessary. They need to be...they aren't even recognized as a state by much of the surrounding population in their region.

you just continue to believe that.
remember that it is Iran has always been the agressor, just like the Syrian nuclear facility was the agressor.

Israel has never been known to pre emptive strikes against any one or any thing.
Ever tried to be a Palestinian farmer in Gaza near the wall? you would know just how friendly Israel is, preventing farmers from producing weapons of mass nutrients

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think you are all underestimating the idea that Iran can't defend itself against Israel. Now I know that Israel has a very advanced, well trained and well armed force, not to mention nuclear arms which they have publicly stated they would use to defend themselves.

Now that being said, I think we're all jumping the gun in thinking that Israel is just going to attack because Iran put it's hands on some missiles. Who says they don't have a stockpile of these things and are just ordering a few more? Who says they haven't acquired a nuclear weapon from either their weapons program or Syria or any other country for that matter.

Israel will thread very lightly around this issue, because I do know one thing:

It takes more nukes to destroy Iran that it does to destroy Israel.

Then again, I don't think nuclear war is something any nation wants to do. They all understand the consequences of that action, it would most likely be delivered in the: "Let's fly 100 planes over Tehran and just carpet bomb the place" kinda deal then the "let's nuke em".

There are ALOT of politics and foreign policy issues that come about with this kind of action. I'm surprised the US hasn't given Russia a slap on the wrist for supplying the apparent "axis of evil" with S300's anyway. You'd think they'd be against that.

Hmm, Id be more worried about North Korea right now, Japan is getting ready to shoot them out of the sky if they launch that satellite, and that will most likely lead to a war with the South, not something that will be very pretty.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I just saw the same topic on the 8 o'clock news on national t.v..It will be this year and Israel is ready with the Arrow system to intercept anything coming from Iran..

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
remember that this is just meant to be a strike against nuclear facilities to prevent Iran from attaining Nuclear weapons.

once fox news gets hold of it, it doesn't matter who fired first, Israel and the US are going to be unwilling victims in all of this.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Iran is not promoting War against Israel, it is the other way around. Israel is being the aggressor and Iran is seeking DEFENSIVE systems from Russia. Israel would love for you to swallow the lie that Iran is trying to build nukes but it just isn't true. Remember that Lee about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Are you dumb enough to believe Israel about another lie?

If Israel attacks, it will backfire on them big time. Iran is quite capable of defending themselves in a conventional war. Global Fire Power ranks Irans military might as 16th in the world and Israel as 26. Iran has a huge standing army with some very modern weapons. It will not be like Gaza where Israel dropped illegal white phosphorus fire bombs on women and children. The political backlash Israel will face from citizens around the globe will be quite loud. As it is, the boycott of Israel over their brutality in Gaza is having a significant effect on Israeli companies. If they attack Iran, they will be shooting themselves in the foot.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
About the S-300. First, Russia needs money. So they will surely ask themselves the question, is it worth it money now VS what the US will do to counter that.

"It was simply a statement of fact that I've (Obama) made previously, which is that the missile defense program, to the extent that it is deployed, is designed to deal with not a Russian threat but an Iranian threat."

We all know that is BS. The missile shield is against Russia not Iran and Russia knows it. So if Obama keeps linking the missile shield to Iran, Russia may disregard Obama's supposed olive branch and go ahead with the sale.

So to keep a cover for the missile shield to the ignorant public who think it's against Iran, they need to keep Iran ``as a threat``.

The report says the potential transfer of the S-300 systems to Iran "gives rise to the grave risk that Israel could feel compelled to act before the cost of doing so is too high."

That is right, but still Washington needs Iran for their missile shield in Europe as an excuse.

The bi-partisan authors of the document, titled, "Preventing a Cascade of Instability," propose that the US "should promptly provide Israel with the capabilities -- modern aircraft -- to continue to threaten high-value Iranian targets" once Russia starts the S-300 delivery.

They hint in all probabilities at F-22s. The problem is that Obama may cut F-22. The other option would be F-35, but they will only be available in a minimum of a year and a half. So the other choice would be the B-2. Maybe the US would lend it to Israel... but that would be obvious US involvement...

So do I think Israel will take Iran soon? No. Eventually? Yes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join