It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building Collapse in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Building Collapse in Germany

Sorry can,t link, I am listening to Cnn on Cnn.com and there was a breaking report that a building in Cologne, Germany housing archives has collapsed in rubble to the ground. It was stated that it also took down part of another building. 2 construction workers are missing. They were working on a subway system. All the workers were able to get out to safety. There was a rummbling heard that got closer and closer before the collapse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/3/2009 by PammyK]

Mod Edit to include link to story: 9 missing in Germany building collapse

Please Review The Following Link:

*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:36:29 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Maybe an earthquake, crumbling ground, terrible for those poor guys working underground. They are showing photos of the site on tv but I have not seen them. I could never work underground myself. Closterphobia I guess. Sorry no link, I am still a dumb blonde. I sure hope they find those missing workers. This is the city archives so am sure there are all kinds of priceless documents in there.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Off topic...I have just changed my avaitar and there are WAY to many pictures showing!! Can some nice person fix that for me? Sorry I am just not able to understand all the computer stuff. Thanks

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There was a very minor quake in Kent (UK) about 2.30pm... Very small though - wonder if it's related... Doubt it, building fall down every day of their own accord.

Here is a link

Seems the time frame is very close... Building in Germany collapsed at 2pm, quake 2.35 pm

[edit on 3/3/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Another report has come out that there were 2 other buildings affected by the collapse, not 1.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There is a reporter in the city reporting that there are as many as 9 people missing. This has been stated by local police.

CX

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just watching this on the news.

As soon as they said an archive building had collapsed, my first thought was "what archives" and ATS!

Hows that for being well trained!

CX.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
Off topic...I have just changed my avaitar and there are WAY to many pictures showing!! Can some nice person fix that for me? Sorry I am just not able to understand all the computer stuff. Thanks

That looks more like you've changed the Custom mini-profile background image rather than your avvie! You see the way your pic is behind the text... That's my guess anyway, try using the pic URL in the avvie section of your account settings instead of in the ATS store
(also you would have to reset your Custom mini-profile background image or you will have even more pics of your self!) looking lovely there may I add

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There is now a story on cnn.com with a photo. It is reported that the building was only 20yrs old, but some of the documents housed there are over 1,000 yrs old.

new topics

top topics

join