It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Offers $900 Million to Palestine?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Been lurking a while, wasn't sure where to post this.

(CNN) -- The United States has offered more than $900 million to help the Palestinian people, particularly those in Gaza, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced Monday.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attends Gaza donors conference in Egypt on Monday.

"Only by acting now can we turn this crisis into an opportunity that moves us closer to our shared goals," Clinton said at a Gaza donors conference hosted by Egypt in the Red Sea resort city of Sharm el-Sheikh.

"By providing humanitarian assistance to Gaza, we also aim to foster conditions in which a Palestinian state can be fully realized."

She said the U.S. aid package -- which must be approved by Congress -- has been "designed in coordination with the Palestinian Authority" to make sure the money "does not end up in the wrong hands."

Clinton was referring to the Hamas leadership of Gaza, which the United States has designated a terrorist organization. The Palestinian Authority, based in the West Bank, is led by President Mahmoud Abbas, whose Fatah party is a bitter rival of Hamas. Watch CNN's Ben Wedeman on the huge challenge of rebuilding Gaza »

President Obama has not ruled out talks with Hamas but said the group must first renounce violence, recognize Israel, and abide by previous agreements that successive Palestinian governments have reached with the Israelis.

Clinton is on her second overseas trip as secretary of state, after a tour of Asia last month. This week's trip to the Middle East and Europe focuses on Mideast peace, NATO and relations with Russia.

Something stinks here. What are the odds you think of Hamas or some other "terror cell" getting a hold on some of this dough? Probable reality? Or paranoid fantasy??

www.cnn.com...

[EDIT] Sorry, took out a bunch of useless stuff. It was pretty sloppy.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by ProgramOrganic]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
They did claim that not one dollar would go to Hamas, Fox News, I'll find the snippit.

I don't see why we neccesarily owe any money to the gaza strip?
Obamas plan for hamas to stop the violence, recognize israel, blah blah blah...... is like asking the sun to stop shining, these men live and die literally for this cause and many others, you can't seriously just ask them to stop, and give their country 900 million dollars!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The US Dollar will be worthless later this year, so why not?

For me this proves one of two things about the US government:

1. They either know what lurks on the horizon for the economy, and they're just making jokes at our (and Palestine's) expense, or...

2. They're just really, really hopeless at financial matters.

I say 90% #2...10% #1.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
They is what really surprised me.

President Obama has not ruled out talks with Hamas but said the group must first renounce violence, recognize Israel, and abide by previous agreements that successive Palestinian governments have reached with the Israelis.

I doubt it'll end up in hamas hands, they seem well enough armed without this aid even in the picture.

Sounds like the first steps for everlasting peace in isreal is coming into play.
Right out of a page in the book.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Someone yells
"what about the West Bank?"

Obama says:
"If it's a bank, bail it out"

Might as well, It's just confetti. Er, i mean Money.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
They did claim that not one dollar would go to Hamas, Fox News, I'll find the snippit.

I don't see why we neccesarily owe any money to the gaza strip?
Obamas plan for hamas to stop the violence, recognize israel, blah blah blah...... is like asking the sun to stop shining, these men live and die literally for this cause and many others, you can't seriously just ask them to stop, and give their country 900 million dollars!

Won't the money be administered by the same bunch who ran the oil for food program?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I dont understand how the US govt is willing to pay for destruction isreal wrought on gaza. it seems to me the US is in the business of perpetuating these 2 idealistic countries to keep destroying themselves in countless wars and crimes against humanity. the holocaust happened over 60 years ago and yet we are still being tricked into a guilt complex over the horrific crimes germany was guilty of. Sometimes i wonder if project paperclip has anything to do with the US stance towards isreal. Imo the UN shoulda be forcing isreal to rebuild gaza and not the US taxpayers.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by TheScale]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheScale
I dont understand how the US govt is willing to pay for destruction isreal wrought on gaza. it seems to me the US is in the business of perpetuating these 2 idealistic countries to keep destroying themselves in countless wars and crimes against humanity. the holocaust happened over 60 years ago and yet we are still being tricked into a guilt complex over the horrific crimes germany was guilty of. Sometimes i wonder if project paperclip has anything to do with the US stance towards isreal. Imo the UN shoulda be forcing isreal to rebuild gaza and not the US taxpayers.

Gaza isn't a country, nor is Palestine. There was no war. Hamas fired rockets, israel responded. The Palestinians sealed their fate by electing and supporting a terror group in their government. I'm sure Israel would love to stop wasting $ on bombs and military operations, but as long as rockets are fired into Israel- which will never end, they will be forced to respond. If anyone is guilty of war crimes, it is Hamas for using civilians as shields.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
explain to me the destruction of over 50% of gaza's agriculture and how that helps stop rocket attacks

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

explain to me the destruction of over 50% of gaza's agriculture and how that helps stop rocket attacks

You mean the fields where Hamas was storing and firing rockets from? I don't buy the 50% destruction of agriculture propaganda.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
the bottom line is that the people of gaza elected a political party that is classified as a terrorist regime...clinton is giving billions of our money to a terrorist state that continues attacks on a staunch ally

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
well there are plenty of pictures of the citrus groves and strawberry fields u can find online that show the plowing of the fields, plus dont u think its a little tough to hide rockets in strawberry fields and citrus fields?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheScale

How would it be hard to hide rockets in citrus feilds? in fact it genius if the rockets arent destroyed, great they can be used....if the rockets are destroyed, great we can blame the jews for trying to starve our people....it's a win win

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Maybe Hamas plowed them over, took some pictures, and blamed Israel. Rockets and launchers can easily be buried and stored. It would be pretty east to hide munitions in a citrus grove.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Cause an army is always willing to destroy there food sources and there economic source for arms? i dont buy that especially since it would be much more advantageous to store the munitions in a buried cellar or basement of a building instead of out in the open where survellaince can watch u bury and recover them. your opinion is your opinion but would u hide your rockets right in in the open where u could be easily seen by any number of survelliance if u had places with a much lower visibility to recoinessence to hide them?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

yes i would, especially if i knew i couldnt win the physical war but could win a much broader propaganda war.... this is warfare 101

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
well imo they lost the propaganda war ages ago, have u seen the biased on the news towards any islamic country in the middle east? but were getting off point here in anycase. why should we the US taxpayers pay for the rebuilding of gaza when we didnt have a direct hand in the damages caused. when has giving aid to these countries ever helped our image with them? we helped in afghanistan forming these terrorists groups ages ago. we entered Iraq to impose a democratic and free nation and how has that helped us? i dont see this changing anything other then maybe more american lives lost in the middle east

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Cause an army is always willing to destroy there food sources and there economic source for arms? i dont buy that especially since it would be much more advantageous to store the munitions in a buried cellar or basement of a building instead of out in the open where survellaince can watch u bury and recover them. your opinion is your opinion but would u hide your rockets right in in the open where u could be easily seen by any number of survelliance if u had places with a much lower visibility to recoinessence to hide them?

Maybe they launch the rockets from the fields, so it is easier to just store them there.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
if they launched the rockets from the fields then where are the civilians beeing used as shields since they are out in the open?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

well we shouldnt give them a dime....we didnt drop the bombs and the country is vowed to the destruction of isreal and continues to lob rockets over the border....why dont their sympathising surounding islamic rebublics take care of them...we are funding an enemy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join