It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Movie "Knowing"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the trailers for "Knowing" with Nicolas Cage?

www.youtube.com...

It looks pretty good. It's about a college professor who finds a piece of paper with numbers and codes predicting future attacks and tragedies.

It's funny how they are releasing all these new movies about international banks (The International), the illuminati (Angels and Demons), predicting future events with code (Knowing) etc.

Either the illuminati are getting too cocky or too stupid.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
Either the illuminati are getting too cocky or too stupid.

Nope, putting conspiracy overtones on a movie makes it more interesting.

They aren't stupid, such things make 'great' stories and nobody would believe it if it's too crazy to be true, even if people felt it were true, they'd do nothing about it.

Surprising, Nicolas Cage's movies lately like 'National Treasure' have a lot of conspiracy overtones in it

[edit on 2-3-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

They aren't stupid, such things make 'great' stories and nobody would believe it if it's too crazy to be true,

Always the absurd. Nobody ever suspects the absurd.

J: really now.. that's a lofty grand goal you have there.. and jus thow do you expect to pull something like that off??

G: well we're going to XXXX XXXX Xx XXXX xXXXXX and then we're going to XXXXXX xX xXXXXX XXx xXXXXXXXX and then XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX with XXXXX.

J: well.. that's just completely ABSURD! nobody would ever give that a second glance I mean the average joe would think it's beyond ridiculous.. anybody giving that as the method and reasoning behind your plan would be laughed at!

G: precisely.

-

[edit on 2-3-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
How much do you honestly think Nicholas Cage knows about the Illuminati? How much do you think he knows about aliens? How much do you think he knows about conspiracies? Probably not very much.

Same goes for the director, he knows it sells to minds like us, fourtanetly I have a friend inside the industry that allows me to view movies for free, so I don't pay a dime. (blockbuster)

Honestly, I don't think the Illuminati be it they exist, are telling anyone to do anything.

=)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Actually, this is a lot like the basic premise of LOST...

The numbers are just like the Venzetti equation of LOST that predicts the extinction of mankind... That was the whole purpose of the Dharma Initiative (to alter the variables and thus thwart the equation and our extinction...)

Funny thing is, only the die-hard fans know this, so others will later accuse LOST of copying the movie....

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I just came back with my wife from the movie theater. Knowing is one of the best movie i saw in a long long time. Hidden messages are everywhere in this movie. I highly recommend it. The end is breathtaking.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Actually, this is a lot like the basic premise of LOST...

The numbers are just like the Venzetti equation of LOST that predicts the extinction of mankind... That was the whole purpose of the Dharma Initiative (to alter the variables and thus thwart the equation and our extinction...)

Funny thing is, only the die-hard fans know this, so others will later accuse LOST of copying the movie....

I love Lost, how did you come across this information?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienGhandi
How much do you honestly think Nicholas Cage knows about the Illuminati? How much do you think he knows about aliens? How much do you think he knows about conspiracies? Probably not very much.

He Also must not know how bad of an actor he is at that!!

anyways

the more movies they make out of real topics, the more over the top movie way they make them, the less people will think they are real

Damn Sheeple

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by AlienGhandi

He Also must not know how bad of an actor he is at that!!

anyways

the more movies they make out of real topics, the more over the top movie way they make them, the less people will think they are real

Damn Sheeple

Hi Nicolas Cage has an interesting career, he caught my eye in Wild at Heart, and he was quite good in Leaving Las Vegas, besides having a bad haircut, he is pretty convincing in Knowing.

These movies are a blessing to some of us who would love for people to wake up to true values.

Personaly I am anxious to see Terminator Salvation

[edit on 22-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

Knowing is COOL!
Great special effects!
The end didn't make much sense. Don't you think the children need
some adult supervision?
It would help if the kids had a Marriott and a Home Depot already there
at Earth 2.0.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Marriott and a Home Depot?? come on, i hope this is a joke. I mean, the ending is superb, and kids (intelligent kids) don't need adult (human) supervision. If they were taken there by aliens (obviouly intelligent and technologically advanced), they sure wouldn't dump the kids without somekind of supervision!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just watched the movie, and I thought that is was pretty good.

I mean what is with the ending scene? It felt like it was trying to send a message. Tree of life, or knowledge?

Good special effects, and the story was well thought out.

Well worth seeing.

As to any of the actors and the director, and writers trying to tell us something? I dont know about that, but they certainly are going to be making money on the whole hype of the end of the world.

I have my doubts about the end of the world, but that is best left for another revelant thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I see a new human race starting, with intelligence! no corporations around, just beautiful natural surroundings. No money, just peace and liberty.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The aliens should have let the father come along.
There is NO reason to leave him behind.
Adults come in handy sometimes.
We can sing happy birthday to them.
We can fix things when they break.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
yeah, but then if adults come they teach "their ways" which arent always the best, It was better with just the kids..

Remember Lord of the Flies. I dont know why, but after that ending scene I was thinking about how their lives would be on that new planet, and Lord of the Flies came into my head.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

It's a nice switch.
Independence Day had the aliens killing us all.
In Knowing the aliens helped us out.
The movie got the science wrong.
A large solar flare wouldn't destroy the Earth.
Our sun going nova would.
That won't happen for another 500 million years.
The 2 dimensional view on the computer screen was misleading.
Our Earth is in a 3 dimensional orbit around the sun.
The odds of that huge flare blasting a direct shot at Earth is remote.
Our electromagnetic field would save us if the flare got close.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
The aliens should have let the father come along.
There is NO reason to leave him behind.
Adults come in handy sometimes.
We can sing happy birthday to them.
We can fix things when they break.

He is an adult, he would bring all his culture, morals etc with him. He would probably figure that since he is the only adult he should be in charge and order things. Probably would try to instill as much old earth crap into the kids as possible. And another point against him is he can't hear the whisperers, so he is less evolved or in tune in some fashion.

As for the kids... just like in Eden they will no doubt be in mental contact with "God" meaning the glowing beings. Who will guide them. DON'T EAT THE DAMN APPLE THIS TIME KIDS WTF.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentaltraveler

OMG! At least bring Dr. Phil with them.
He could make them laugh and help them with the transition.
Send some adults with the kids.
On the other hand, what if they only sent Al Gore with them???

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The movie Knowing turned out to be a fantastic science fiction movie for our time. It incorporated many aspects of the phenomena talked about here at ATS such as MIBs, Bible Prophecy/Ancient Beings, UFO/Abduction-like scenarios of seeing glimpses of our future, all ending with a world destroyed, so to re-create. 'Solve Et Coagula'

Two-Thumbs Up!!;-D

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The movie was sad.
He had to leave his son, and then everyone died.
Whatever happened to a happy ending?
Selfish damn aliens.
Should have taken everyone.
I have a link, to watch it, if anyone wants it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join