It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deters 'This is off-the-charts weird'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Deters: 'This is off-the-charts weird'

news.cincinnati.com

On many nights over 16 years, Kenneth Douglas engaged in his own personal macabre workplace party.

He often brought drugs or alcohol to work and sometimes had sex with women.

At least three of those women were dead, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Thursday.

But if Douglas is to be believed, he could have had sex with as many as "over a hundred" bodies in the 16 years he worked as night attendant at the Hamilton County morgue.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Bushi]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is when I start saying that we need some form of finding these whack jobs before they can do something so heinous as this.

I am not saying that we need too increase the Patriot act or nothing but we need some type of control to keep weirdo's off the street!!

Over 19 years and nobody noticed... either nobody payed attention or more then likely other people were involved...

This has to be one of the most disgusting stories I have ever heard!!!!

news.cincinnati.com

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dude....wtf?!

That guy has to be seriously messed up.

And I don't know much about morgue procedures, but I would of thought it wouldn't have been too hard to catch this guy out!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bushi
I am not saying that we need too increase the Patriot act or nothing but we need some type of control to keep weirdo's off the street!!

Yeah! Git' them weirdos!

Yeah, it's gross but there are much worse things he could have been doing.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Poor guy.

I can only imagine how many women turned him down to bringhim to this point.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Necrophilia-the urge to crack open a cold one

Damn, don't they have cameras in these places?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Creepy story, in a way reminded me of the following story which is also "off the charts weird"

www.independent.co.uk...

Someone out walking their dog discovered the first clue – a white skull, only partly concealed, lying in the grounds of a Georgia crematorium.

By last night, police had found more than 120 skeletons and rotting corpses, some of which have been lying in the sheds and outbuildings of Tri-State Crematory in Noble for more than a decade. Hundreds more could be found, said officials.

The bodies had apparently been sent to the crematorium but not cremated. They were apparently hidden all over the crematorium, forming bizarre and grisly stacks. In the nearby woods, bleached human bones lay scattered among the leaves and the body of an infant was discovered in a wooden box lying in the back of a rusting hearse. Some bodies had even mummified: officials said those corpses might have been there for 20 years.

Dewayne Wilson, the county coroner, said: '"The worst horror movie you've ever seen? Imagine that 10 times worse. That is what I'm dealing with.''

Off the scale weird enough yet?

Officials say that, because some of the remains are only partial, the task of identifying each body is going to be a long and arduous one.

Vernon Keenan, assistant director of the state's bureau of investigation, told The New York Times: "There were bodies piled like cordwood, just discarded and thrown in a pile. After 30 years in law enforcement, you think you have seen everything. And then you see something like this that you can't even imagine."

Why burn perfectly good bodies when you can keep them around and not feel so alone on those long lonely southern nights?

I'm surprised they never made a movie about this.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yeah! Git' them weirdos!

Yeah, it's gross but there are much worse things he could have been doing.

Ah, what? There's a bright side to this?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bushi

This is when I start saying that we need some form of finding these whack jobs before they can do something so heinous as this.

Yes, but that's how it begins. It's media stories like this (or child abuse or terrorism) that result in cries of 'something needs to be done' which in turn usher in Orwellian measures. Unless this man had a prior conviction what could be done? Psychological profiling? People being deemed 'unsuitable' (read: "guilty") even before they start a job? Where does this kind of thing start and stop?

As with all these kinds of measures, there' always an element of 'function creep' where the use of something is expanded on from what it was originally set-up for, and it becomes more and more encompassing.

Again, where would this start and stop?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Yeah, he's not a child rapist. There's a bright side.
He's also not a murderer, or a thief or politician.

My point was obviously in reference to the "get the weirdo" sentiment expressed by bushi. He abused a corpse, end of story, anything into the desecration of burial rights, "sins" against persons etc, are all matters of opinions.

It's a corpse, while no one likes the thought of things being done to our bodies after we've died, the fact of the matter is, we're not using them anymore.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wasn't this recently the topic of a TV crime drama? NCIS I think.

While this guy is certainly miswired somewhere, I'll reiterate the line from the show... "Some would argue it's a victimless crime".

19 years and nobody noticed... Exactly. Nobody noticed for 19 years because nobody was harmed. While sick indeed, the fact that people will cry 'ACTION' over this, while ignoring other, more pertinent atrocities that are 'under the radar' is even worse.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ask any mortician - this isn't exactly a shocker in the industry.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Irvine Welsh wrote s short story about necrophilia.

Very good author but very grisly story. I think it was a short story in his book 'acid house'.

Freaky.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen

Not just that but very very dumb!! - Having sex with bodies that are yet to be autopsied!!
I mean murder victims, yhea that's sick, but happily poping your own DNA sample there for any one to find - what a dumb ass...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Try telling that to the families of the deceased victims.
The murder victims were not only violated in life by their murderers but violated and defiled in death by this freak show loser as well.

There will be a special place in hell for him, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My friends sister got this scab on her face...
then it got bigger and bigger and ended up scarring her face for life.
Had to have a few surgeries..

It was a flesh eating disease she got..
ONLY could have gotten it from being in contact with a dead body.

A guy she met is a mortitcion...

So, he must have kissed one of the bodies..
came home and made out with her.

sick

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
To the few folks here actually trying to offer some sort of defense of this walking piece of crap, when did common decency and respect become passe? Seriously, if you want to take the "desecration of burial rights and sins are matters of opinion" tact on this then fine, let's take a matter of science and law stance on it instead. Bust this guy's ass for every single tampering with evidence, destruction of evidence, and attempting to conceal evidence, also charge him with vandalism and destruction of property (as he was essentially vandalising and destroying something which didn't belong to him), treat him exactly the same way as you would a person who stumbled across a murder scene, saw a woman that had just been killed, and had his way with the corpse because essentially, that's what happened here.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by TheOmen

Not just that but very very dumb!! - Having sex with bodies that are yet to be autopsied!!
I mean murder victims, yhea that's sick, but happily poping your own DNA sample there for any one to find - what a dumb ass...

Hah, I had a good laugh at that one Now_Then. Very true.

There are some really whack people in this world. I technically call it rape, because the poor violated bodies couldn't say no or fight back.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Not defending necrophilia, the guy should be punished for whatever he can be punished for.

Fact is, all he's doing is desecrating a piece of property. The person, everything that makes us a person, is gone when we die. All we become is a thing. An instance of nothing more than material pieced together into the shape of a human body, whether you believe in the soul or not, it doesn't remain trapped in the corpse to be shackled forever in a box 6 feet beneath the surface of the earth.

[edit on 2/28/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushi

My GOD! Seriously, this guy needed an internet connetion! WTF? I just can't imagine how or why, and believe me I can imagine a lot. But what the hell!

Some people deffinately deserve to be put down like dogs. I hope when this guy goes to prison the guards tell the inmates what hes in there for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join