It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Police Event - Trade Your Gun for $50 Kroger Food Card - Saturday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The Dallas Police are having an event tomorrow Sat. 2/28/09 - for people to trade their guns for a $50 Kroger Gift Card.

link to article: www.nbcdfw.com...

I can not imagine people actually doing this, a gun cost more than $50, but they may have some hungry people out there, who are willing to give up their gun for food.

“Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway created the event to promote gun safety and get guns off of the street -- guns that could be involved in accidental shootings or in actual crimes,” said Cerda.

Anyone with a gun can bring it to Reunion Arena on Saturday from 9 a.m. -- noon and exchange it for a $50 gift card from Kroger.

The event is in not an undercover or sting operation, according to Dallas police Sgt. Gil Cerda. It is entirely voluntary, and no background checks will be performed on anyone dropping a gun off, although they will require ID. All guns must be operational and unloaded.

Interesting, that it has to be a working gun to get a food card.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Time to fly to Dallas and run an ad in the paper offering $75 cash for any working firearm.

Why dont gun collectors do things like that? Would be a very easy way to build up an arsenol.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Stuff like this has been going on for a long time now. Sometimes it is for shoes, coats, money or variuos other things.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I will give everyone a $51 Kroger Gift Cardfor each gun they give me. I'll give you a $55 Gift Card for a Trijicon ACOG. So I don't have to go buy one this weekend.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If they want your ID then its for a reason maybe not the day they give you the card they will arrest you but most likely soon after if its not registered in your name. Or if it was ever used in a crime. I have seen this happen before in other states. And believe me some folks are really stupid and fall for it. Only to be arrested about a month later.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would almost give someone $50 in food to keep there gun, Man dont let this thing get started.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

Just wanted to point out that you don't have to register your guns in Texas... so its not a crime to have a gun thats not registered to you, as long as its not reported stolen your fine...

new topics

top topics

join