It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

try to debunk this

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I can try to debunk it, and actually can, because it is a hoax.

I am sorry to say, Foofstarr, but after reviewing the link you provided does not show the video in question to be a hoax. At best, this is a case of guilt-by-association; we cannot write it off as a hoax simply because there were other hoaxes on the program, as we have no evidence the video-in-question was a hoax.

link   
My last post on this thread, because people obviously can't be bothered to do their research and read. I shouldn't have to prove something false... it should have to be proved real first, but people don't seem to care.

These are the facts of the issue... I've done my research and posted links... you are just too lazy or ignorant to read them. So I'll let you wallow in that ignorance if you so wish.

Let me break it down into some easy to read bites.

1) A documentary was made in the 90's. It was made IN AMERICA BY AMERICANS and supposedly gained access to new secret KGB files that were released and smuggled out by Russians.

2) Every 'expert' in this documentary either had no background and history in their supposed fields, or simply didn't exist and was an actor.

3) The video in question, the 'gun camera footage', has many holes in it's story.

4) Firstly, the video was said to be taken from a Mig fighter plane's nose gun camera.
- They aren't Migs.
- Nose gun camera don't point to the side

5) To declassify a file as provocative as that, the Russians would have to have a mountain of paperwork relating to it. There is no paper trail whatsoever.

6) Other videos in this documentary, such as the alien autopsy, UFO crash recovery and mass desert abduction, are proven to be hoaxed. Why trust them with this video?

Enough from me. Believe what you want... I'm not going to argue over this. I've provided evidence that the video is a hoax. Prove me otherwise.

EDIT: Here is a great link, albeit badly formatted, that discusses the documentary and it's experts and provides some pretty compelling evidence of the hoax. Black Pages

[edit on 26-2-2009 by fooffstarr]

link   

no researchers in Russia or elsewhere ever heard of this footage prior to the TNT broadcast.

Doesn't this in itself make it sound even more real? Isn't that denial? That's what it sounds like to me.

Declassification procedures in the U.S. and Russia are always accompanied by copious correspondence

REAL UFO footage prolly would never be knowingly declassified.

And if REAL UFO footage was accidentally declassified, I'm sure they'd say something like the following............

no researchers in Russia or elsewhere ever heard of this footage prior to the TNT broadcast.

Check please.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

4) Firstly, the video was said to be taken from a Mig fighter plane's nose gun camera.
- They aren't Migs.

This, nor any of the other points you made proves the footage itself to be a hoax though, Foofstarr. If anything, they could also point to it being a genuine film that has been misattributed.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

As Skeptic and I both said.

Without a definition of the hoax of the video, and how it was performed, whether it simply be that it looks saucer shaped due to the quality of the video and the distance from the F-16, or it was something in front of the camera and added shadow effects -- it still remains unidentified.

If you read my last post I didn't give the documentary any credibility, and I could care less about it, so before you present some tangible proof of HOW this was hoaxed, it will remain simply unknown.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Could be, but I doubt it.

The entire documentary was hoaxed... and it is the first and only place this footage appeared... so to me I treat it the same as the rest of the film.

Revolution is right though, you cannot 100% prove it a fake. It is enough for me though, to know it came from that mess of a film, to lump it in with the rest of the debunked footage that has come from 'The KGB UFO Files'.

Check that link I posted in the last post. It is by actual Russians that tear huge holes in the documentary. They prove that all documentation used to back up the stories was falsified. The newspapers they quoted never even existed. They prove all, apart from 1, expert in the film were actors and/or unqualified.

They don't just say it... they prove it.

Anyway, as I said above, for me this footage is debunked, but you guys can continue you debate it. I'm out.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

1) A documentary was made in the 90's. It was made IN AMERICA BY AMERICANS and supposedly gained access to new secret KGB files that were released and smuggled out by Russians.

2) Every 'expert' in this documentary either had no background and history in their supposed fields, or simply didn't exist and was an actor.

3) The video in question, the 'gun camera footage', has many holes in it's story.

- They aren't Migs.

5) To declassify a file as provocative as that, the Russians would have to have a mountain of paperwork relating to it. There is no paper trail whatsoever.

6) Other videos in this documentary, such as the alien autopsy, UFO crash recovery and mass desert abduction, are proven to be hoaxed. Why trust them with this video?

1) OK, but it's still video of a UFO

2) OK, but it's still video of a UFO

3) and?

4) What's your point so far? It's still video of a UFO

5) and? No paperwork means we're not looking at a video of a UFO?

6) and? In a police line-up, theres several to choose from, but only one is correct.

I've provided evidence that the video is a hoax. Prove me otherwise.

No sir, you did not. You mearly suggested that it's a documentary with actors in it, with a clip of possibly a mig, but prolly not a mig, that has a UFO in it, but no paperwork saying it's a ufo, and there was hoaxes mixed in there somewhere too.

That's all you really did.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

In the terms of conspiracy, lobbing real footage in with a bunch of faked footage is a great way to dismiss any credibility to the masses.

Honestly, after seeing my own UFO at the age of 11, which is unexplainable by any conventional terms, I know for a fact they exist, and I know for a fact they are controlled.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I don't doubt UFOs exist...

But I don't believe every real looking video that comes out.

I need to know the background information behind the footage first, and come to a judgement. (That is only if the footage isn't proven misidentification or CG).

In this case, the background information suggests hoax. Doesn't prove it, but to me strongly suggests.

I just can't put any faith in this video after the other stunts the director of this film tried to pull.

It could be real... but for me and many others they killed their chances of being believed by lumping it in with all the other hoaxed segments.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry

To me this is the proof............. not that I really needed any to begin with.

Enjoy.

If you really do not need any to begin with, why post it at all? Guess that blind fate was not enough after all...

I'm not even load this thing in my video editor to analyze it frame by frame.

IMO, it's not worthy enough, poor resolution and out of focus...

Why they are ALWAYS poor resolution and out of focus ? It is really hard to make photos or videos bad with today's equipment, but when it comes to UFO's failures are ALWAYS 100% guaranteed, go figure

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Okay then let's forget, for the moment, the inductive "guilt by association" reasoning and focus on some deductive examination of the video.

When the object first appears from behind the clouds at :03, it is positioned mid-way above plane's nose, between the cockpit and the tip of the nose.

Between :03 and :05 it accelerates to the very tip of the nose just before disappearing behind the clouds again.
(Incidentally, the objects appearances and disappearances are very stark. There doesn't seem to be any of the graduation that we'd expect to see.)

Then at :06 the object reappears from behind the clouds, but it is back to mid-way along the plane's nose and keeping a steady pace until it disappears into the clouds below at :08.

If this footage is authentic then the object entered the camera's field of view (though obscured by clouds at the time) very suddenly just before :03,
slowed to a speed slightly greater than the jet's speed before it emerged from behind the clouds,
then while obscured by clouds a second time, slowed dramatically to, first, fall behind the jet's speed, then sped up again to keep pace just before dropping out of sight.

Was this the work of drunken E.T.s or a '90s computer graphics team? Hmm.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
looks like an out of focus jet in the distance to me, you can clearly see the shadow of it on the clouds, so it's not a film artifact, I think it's probably a jet, I'm willing to except that I'm wrong though.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
All videos and pics of "alien craft" are extremely easy to debunk.

Here you go. Use the following to debunk anything using videos or pics:

War of the worlds, Independence day, Starman, The last starfighter, Star Trek, Star wars, Mars Attacks, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien resurrection, Alien vs Predator. E.T.

I presume there will be at least one person who will ask me to explain myself, which is why I add this: You don't have to be a talented movie-maker or an artist to insert UFO's into movies or pics. I can make one for you right now with Paint.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

I can not debunk this because I actually have a photograph of two of these objects hovering by a storm cloud. They are out there.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
reply to post by BrnBdry

I can not debunk this because I actually have a photograph of two of these objects hovering by a storm cloud. They are out there.

Care to show us the photo?

You can upload them to media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You must be on to something now!
I can always tell by the posts and posters!
(show your video of the ACTUAL airplane instead
of the ufo shown here then, debunkers)
Good job OP!

Its the whole religion/alien thing I know. Hush, hush.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

the only thing that makes the other object a UFO is the fact that i cant tell which model jet fighter it is.
sigh, another one bites the dust.
i think everyone needs to start realizing that UFOs are all man made. the coincedence of another planet spawning life so unbelievably similar to our own (since, as we can definately tell the chance, odds, and circumstances of life on this planet are so few that its a miracle this actually happened), and to have that unbelievably similar life form have the most unbelievably similar history in which they ALSO reach an advanced technological state, and thus FLY their FLYING MACHINES (since you know, everyone in the universe has come up with the exact same technology, technological ideas and inovations) alllllllllllllllllllllllll the way across the unbelievably vast universe to magically, with the odds heavily stacked against the chance that they actually find this specific planet, come down to our planet to snoop around but always remain shy.

can we please wake up from the alien dream now?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mosey

Can you go to the hole you crawled out of and stop being so attached to your self-acclaimed magnificent reality you believe in which is nothing more than a matrix veil over your eyelids?

There is aliens, and more than likely they have visited earth.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosey
can we please wake up from the alien dream now?

Hi, mosey. I appreciate our opinion but this ATS and we discuss these things here.

Let's stay focused on the video in the OP.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think we can safely rule out VENUS agreed, Next on the list is the REFLECTION FROM THE SUN again we are all agreed thats out. What else, oh ok SWAMP GAS, anyone? no that out. hmm this ones a toughie.

Flying Gerbil it is then!

Debunked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join