It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My talk with a medium who saw my dead realitives and friends.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ok, this happened to me about 2 years ago. Every word of this is true. None of it is exaggerated. None of it is made up. It is what it is. Make of it what you will, but input would be appreciated. Ok? So let me take you back to a bar I was working about 2 years ago.......

It was a friday night. Not unlike any other friday. Busy as heck. Drinks flying, customers talking and laughing. Music pumping. Just an awesome night. Tips are flowing. Everything is good. That night was special though. I was still "new" there and didnt get the good nights like fridays and saturdays a lot. There were 2 girls who had worked there a lot longer than me and those were their nights. So if they needed a fill in, I was the guy. So I was excited to be there. Friday night? Hello 200 bucks at nights end!

About half way through the night a group of people came into the restaurant and sat next to the bar, in the smoking section. With them was one of the bartenders I was filling in for. When I had a free second, I hopped over there to say "Hi" and tease her for missing out on the cash being made. I made a quick stop. Like 4 seconds. And then I ran back to the bar to get back to work.

I wasnt behind that bar for more than a minute when my boss came over to me and said "Hey-- get back to that table NOW!! Its important!" And I was like "Umm, boss....little busy here right now!" and he says "Doesnt matter.... get over there, NOW!!" (He wasnt mad, just insistant that I return to their table). He even said he would cover for me behind the bar. I was confused as they dont normally tell me to go to a table to talk instead of working. Plus, I didnt know what else they could want. But he is the boss, so back I went. Thats when it got weird........

Along with the bartender and her husband was about 6 other people. None of which I had ever seen or met in my life. Ever. But as I approached the table, this guy at the end (who I have never met...EVER) says to me "Hey...You... Who is June, no julie,,, No,.... Judy...yes. Who is "Judy"?

I look at him and ask if he was talking to me. He said "Ya, you... who is "judy"?. I just stood there. I didnt know what to say. So I asked "Judy? I dont know? My moms name is Judy". He said, without hesistation "oh, ok, I wanted to know the name of woman who is standing behind you right now"...........

"Really? Ok guy, because shes been dead for 20 years now" and his response: "I know, and she hates the blue dress you buried her in" It almost floored me. I was like "What did you just say to me?" And he repeats himself. I was bewildered and didnt know what to say, so I laughed him off and returned to my bar. My boss (who was friends with this guy) was waiting for me. "Weird, huh?!?" I looked him and said "are you serious? is this guy for real?" And the boss said "Oh ya. Ive known this guy for years. Its real. Trust me". He laughs and walks off and Im stuck behind the bar to think about what he just said. I decide that this guy is full of it and Im going to call him out on it. I know that Jon Edwards and the like are garbage. So I leave the bar off to debunk this guy. And I was ready....

Back to the table I go. As I approach him he notices me, but keeps looking "past" me. I walk up to him and say "Hey, um... is she still here?" He says "yup, shes behind your right shoulder". Hmm... "Ok, so let me throw a name out there and I want to know what happens,alright?" "Go ahead" he replies. "Cameron".... thats all I said. That name and nothing else. He could be dead, alive, who knows? No sooner did I say that name does he say "Oh, she looks mad"..... Who is cameron, you ask? He is my brother. He is alive but far from well. He is a career criminal who blew many, MANY opportunities for a good life for a quick buck. Utter failure on every level. So I laugh at it..."Ha, moms mad at him... awesome!" and he replies "She's mad at you too. You need to go back and finish school".

Now, that creeped me out. Bad. I went back to work but I couldnt focus at all. Maybe I had mentioned that my mom was dead at work once, but never did I tell anyone her name or what she was dressed in. The whole "hates the blue dress thing" is what really caught me. She died of cancer and her liver was so bad that we had to change the bulbs in funeral home to a yellow to match the color of her skin. In the meantime her sister from AZ. flew in and as soon as she got to the parlor her and my dad had an arguement over what? Her dress. My aunt said that with her skin so yellow and the dress so BLUE that she looked like she was in a parade or a mascot. Seriously. Now now only had I never EVER mentioned that, I hadnt even thought about ever since that day which was over 20 years before that. How the hell did this guy know THAT?? And the name. He guessed exactly 3 names. All "J"s and really, June was the name of my mom's mom. This guy was good....

So back to the bar... I'm washing glasses and Im frazzled. I cant wrap my head around what this guy has just said. But being the skeptic that I am, I wasnt sold.... yet.

I was thinking and thinking about how to trip him up. I was going to catch this guy. Suddenly a name pops in my head.... Barnett. Clint Barnett. He was a neighbor of mine when I was a kid. Great guy. After my mom died and my dad worked shift work this guy helped me out a lot. I was friends with his sons. In the morning before school I would go there to get his kids for the bus and he would make us breakfast or dinner after school. He taught me how to work on cars. Lots of stuff. Kind of a second dad. Well, about 10 years this guy shot and killed himself. It was a tuesday when my dad called me. It hit me harder than when my mom died. I dont know why. Probably because mom was sick and dieing. Not this guy. I just saw him 3 days before. He looked good, we had a laugh, shook hands and said "bye". 3 days later the call comes in "Barnett is dead. He shot himself". I was floored.

So, back to the bar that night.... His name comes into my head. I see "Mr. I-see-dead-people" walking through the bar to use the restroom. On his way back I stopped him. I said "Hey, I have one more... I just want to throw this name out there and you tell me what you got, ok?" I didnt tell him alive or dead. Just like my brother. No hint of anything. So he says "ok". I look at him and its just me and him... "Barnett... Clint Barnett"...

Before I got the last part of his name out, this guys snaps his head back away from me and is smacking his tongue to the roof of his mouth like he just tastes something awful. "Oh... oh no... I taste nickle. That usually means a gunshot.. did he shoot himself"?

Holy s*** dude. The look on his face was concern, shock and fear. We wasnt laughing. He was scared. Again he asked "He shot himself, right?" And I was like, "Ya, he did." He looks right at me and says "And this was a father figure to you, right?" "Ya, you could say that". He tells me "He was just here, but as quick as he was, he left. I cant see him though. Just darkness. But yes, he answered you".

WTF??????????

So now Im taking this guy seriously. Im intrigued. If its a parlor trick, its the best Ive ever seen. I asked him how long this had happened to him. He said the first time he noticed it was at his grandmothers funeral. He said he was standing in line at the wake and was about 6 years old. He said he thought it was weird that grandma was in the coffin, but he also saw her at the end of the line of people and was trying to shake their hands. So when he got home he asked his parents. Later on in life they told them that other people in the family have the same "gift". I asked him if he does it for money. With a very serious scowl he said, firmly "no". I didnt need to ask him why. I understood.

So I stood there chatting for a minute and back to work I went. About a week or so went by. By now everyone at the bar knew about this guy. I wasnt the only one he did that to that night. There were some random customers that told me similar stories.

Then about a week later he came back. He walked up to me and shook my hand. I kind of left it alone. But as time went by that night, I conjured up another (dead) name from my past. It was a brother and sister from school that I used to be friends with. The girl died of coc aine induced stroke at age 22. Her brother died about 5 years later. A mixture of painkillers, beer and a concussion that he checked himself out of the hospital early for. So both of them, dead.

As he walks by my at the bar I said "hey. I got one more... "Bonecutter" "(i know its weird, but that was their last name). But I couldnt make up my mind, which one I wanted to "know about". But that didnt matter. Before I could say a first name, he turns looks at me and says "Im confused. I see two people. A guy and girl"

DONE!!! Thats it!! I'm done!! No more. If you knock on the devil's door long enough, he's gonna answer it....

Back to the table he went. He gave me his number and told me to call him whenever. I have since lost his number. I could get it again and some of my friends beg me to. I dont think this guy is parlor trick. I dont want to use him to amuse my friends. So I left it alone. I walked away from all of this convinced that there is something after "here". I dont know what it is. None of them told me to go to church more. I dont know. It just weirded me out.

So what do you think about this? Anyone had anything similar happen to them? Anyone think I'm full of it? Just wondering.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The whole time I was reading this account of yours, I was waiting for a commercial to come on, you know, this is something which sounds like "Ghost Whisperer."

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Great post.

If this had happened to me, I'd be convinced that there was life after death.

It would have freaked me out a little but, there have been some deaths in my life and I would love to talk to them once again.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I know it does. Thats what I thought when I first met him. I mean the subject of my mom isnt a touchy subject but I dont appreciate people demeaning her by some charlatain tricks. But this guy... I'm telling you...

Like I said, some of the people I worked with knew that my mom was dead. They may have even known it was cancer. But I promise noone knew about a dress and I never spoke of Barnett or the brother/sister thing. Ever. They both happened a long time ago and it never came up. Ever.

I never believe in this garbage. Never. If I see someone on tv doing it for cash my suspicions are raised. But the look on this guys face when I asked him if he did it for money was almost like he was offended or something.

He told me that other people in his family had done this as well. It was something that kind of got randomly passed on to people. But he said its happened to him since he was 6 and it happens so much that sometimes he sees people that are dead and confuses them for being alive. He said that he walked through someone at a store before.

All the while my brain is like "no no no no no no". But like I said. I wasnt the only person who experienced this that night from him. Some of my customers were approached my him (not at my direction either). I cant recall their stories as I was dazed still from he just told me.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
yea, i wish I could hear from my grandmother and make sure she's ok. she was killed very violently many years ago. I guess i just want to know if she is ok now. I wonder about tragic deaths and if some get stuck here not realizing they are dead or won't because they feel cheated in some way. You are lucky to have met this guy. I have never met a true medium.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
The whole time I was reading this account of yours, I was waiting for a commercial to come on, you know, this is something which sounds like "Ghost Whisperer."

Well, thats what I thought. I know the whole "guess the name" game and all that. But this guy said three names, all the same. "June, Julie-- no..Judy". He settled on "Judy" and locked eyes with me. And seeing how "June" was her mother.. Well... I have to say it caught me by surprise.

Trust me, I am more of a skeptic than most on here. I dont fall for parlor tricks or charlatains but I really think this guy was on the level. I have had "pyschic reading" before and all that nonsense. It was done more for the girl I was with than for me. I knew it was crap. And they were. Vague predictions and things like that. But this guy? Wow.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

Well, I won't presume you made this up. I have had strange things happen to me over my lifetime, things which would not fit so easily into my faith.

Also, I know two women in Mississippi, one who was 78 at the time and her daughter, perhaps, late 40's, and after visiting with the mother, I discovered she had "never" slept in the dark, always with the lights on. I asked her why and she told me that she saw dead people and it was worse at night, that is when they came into her room. The daughter not only verified her mother's story but also had the same problem, as though it had been passed down to them. I will add that these two women were respectable women and not given to whiskey. (As they would say)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This guy was in his 30's maybe early 40s. But what sold me (besides all the ways he nailed it) was his modesty. He wouldnt do it for money, but he seemed resigned to accepting that this happens to him. And adament about letting people (living) know who was in the room with them.

But what was weird was no talk of religion. No mention of God or anything. So it makes me wonder... What comes next?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I notice that everything you asked, and everything he said, were all things that you were aware of. I'd be curious to know how he'd do relaying information that you are not aware of.

Assuming the man is legitimite, what exactly is he doing? Is he reading your mind? Are the dead people he "sees" actually there, or are they images he is calling forth from your memories, or somewhere else?

But then...if I were to have an encounter like you're describing, personally I think I'd be far more interested in trying to gather useful information than simply using it as entertainment. Windows of opportunity are sometimes very brief. If aliens were to knock on you door and say they'd answer any question you have, but they have to leave in twenty minutes, would you spend those twenty minutes asking for proof that they were aliens and getting long detailed descriptions of where they were from and what their favorite colors are...or would you ask them to run back to their ship real quick and print out schematics for a matter replicator / power generator / electrical drive / etc?

If you ask for the latter and it works, you also have your proof.

When a window of opportunity present itself, make wise use of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
I notice that everything you asked, and everything he said, were all things that you were aware of. I'd be curious to know how he'd do relaying information that you are not aware of.

Assuming the man is legitimite, what exactly is he doing? Is he reading your mind? Are the dead people he "sees" actually there, or are they images he is calling forth from your memories, or somewhere else?

But then...if I were to have an encounter like you're describing, personally I think I'd be far more interested in trying to gather useful information than simply using it as entertainment. Windows of opportunity are sometimes very brief. If aliens were to knock on you door and say they'd answer any question you have, but they have to leave in twenty minutes, would you spend those twenty minutes asking for proof that they were aliens and getting long detailed descriptions of where they were from and what their favorite colors are...or would you ask them to run back to their ship real quick and print out schematics for a matter replicator / power generator / electrical drive / etc?

If you ask for the latter and it works, you also have your proof.

When a window of opportunity present itself, make wise use of it.

As I drove home that night I wondered things along the same line. But here lies the problem. I had no idea this was coming. I had no prep time and add to it that it was a friday night at a busy bar. He was far from being the only thing I was doing that night. He gave me his phone number and even though I lost it I could get it again. Now that all of this has sank into me, I think I could be more receptive to trying to glean info from him.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This better not be BoulderMD is diguise

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey

Well, I won't presume you made this up. I have had strange things happen to me over my lifetime, things which would not fit so easily into my faith.

Also, I know two women in Mississippi, one who was 78 at the time and her daughter, perhaps, late 40's, and after visiting with the mother, I discovered she had "never" slept in the dark, always with the lights on. I asked her why and she told me that she saw dead people and it was worse at night, that is when they came into her room. The daughter not only verified her mother's story but also had the same problem, as though it had been passed down to them. I will add that these two women were respectable women and not given to whiskey. (As they would say)

I have heard similar stories. I never believed them. I dont really believe in ghosts or any of that, but I can not find any other way this guy knew what he did.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wish I met that dude or somebody like him. My great grandfather had his last name changed when he emigrated here from poland (we think) and we have no idea what his last name was.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
Wish I met that dude or somebody like him. My great grandfather had his last name changed when he emigrated here from poland (we think) and we have no idea what his last name was.

I dont know about all that. Like I said, this guy didnt seem like he was doing parlor tricks. He seemed more like he was doing the bidding of what ever spirit it was that was contacting him.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
SPliff, i do not think that this guy is a sham.

My mother called me up tonight, she sounded different from the usual. My mum informed me
that on Thursday she went and saw a medium and that the information he gave her shocked her.
The only information that she gave this guy was her name(June) and what time she wanted her
appointment on. It took her 7 months to see him as there was such a huge waiting line.

So..She tells me that she walks into the room and the guy tells her to let go of everything
in her head and fill it up with love. He then immediatley starts by saying 'June! there are
a lot of old people here for you, they love you and they are giving you kisses' my mother
was an aged care worker and used to sing for them during the weekends. He then goes on that
My grandmother is there and that 'When she fell she was in pain and couldnt breathe until the plug was pulled'..
My grandmother fell and hit her head while picking flowers for my grandfathers grave, she was
comatose until 2weeks in my family decided to turn off the life support. At this point my mother
crying. She tells him to say that shes sorry that she caused my grandmother pain. He said that
it wasnt painful when she transitioned into the other life as it was soothing.

Now my mother does not say anything at all to the medium she ony tells him what to say to them.
By this point she has talked to my great grandmother, great grandfather and my grandmother.
She did not help him at all, he came up with the names and other information that only we would know.
So then he asks her how old the little boy is which is living with her(my little brother) to which
she replies '10' then he says to her 'your wondering where your father is and why he isnt here(his eyes
roll back), your father is with your son in darwin. Your father and your son were very close.' I live
in darwin, my grandfather and i were very close and this seance is happening in the gold coast. Im
shocked listening to this story on the phone, some hairs actually pricked up. He then continues
saying that my grandfather is here to guide me as im a little lost, that i should stay away
from Mar Mar Mark Marcus..As he will be a bad influence(which he is as he smokes a lot of pot) and then
he continues by saying that my grandfather really likes my bestfriend Ant Ant Tony Anton(ANtony is his real
name i call him Anton for short) He points out that he is in melbourne 'to pursue his...acting career'
(he moved to melbourne last month to pursue his acting career) That we need to be close together
as we work well together. That either i move down there or he moves up back here.

I was shocked..I always did have a feeling though, that my grandfather is watching over me.
There was a lot more that he unravelled that dropped my mums and my mouth. My mum did not speak
once to ask a question at all.

Im still shocked. he charged my mum $100 which is cheap, ive heard of people charging $300+
with bogus info. THis guys info was on the dot including places of where i was and my friend who is 2,000km+ away from me.

Whatever it is that these poeple have connected into, it is real. There was no mention of God here either..I guess it keeps this life a lil more interesting, some questions are better left unanswered.

Peace
Bman

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
bummer - not sure I want to hear that my deceased parents might still be looking on and worrying themselves about what I am doing in my life, or that while I could hide some stuff from them when they were alive, now I can't hide anything - they can see all!
Not that I have anything to hide, but there's just some stuff you don't want your parents seeing - even if they are dead.

I often get a "feeling" that someone or something is trying to tell me something, but I just mostly want to do it my way, and learn from my own mistakes, or not.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
bummer - not sure I want to hear that my deceased parents might still be looking on and worrying themselves about what I am doing in my life, or that while I could hide some stuff from them when they were alive, now I can't hide anything - they can see all!
Not that I have anything to hide, but there's just some stuff you don't want your parents seeing - even if they are dead.

Thats funny because I asked him that same thing when it was over. I cracked a joke and said "Man, I hope theres more to the afterlife then following my kid around some crappy job, pissed at him for not finishing college."

His response was something to the effect of "they dont. They come and go freely. sometimes they dont come at all. doesnt mean anything."

But again, no mention of God or devil or anything. I get the feeling the afterlife is more interdimensional than anything.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBarrelMan

I guess there is some validity in this. I dont immediatly disqualify someone for simply getting paid to do this. I have a problem when they become sponsored by Pepsi though.

Like I said to the previous poster, I think the afterlife is more interdimensional than anything. And I also think that we are little more important than we actually are.

There is something after this, I just don't know what. But I do believe that we have people here who for one reason or another can access it. Whether or not they comprehend what it is remains to be seen. It does intrigue me though.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wish I could have been in that bar that night! I have so many questions regarding the deaths of my parents. One was murdered (unsolved) and one died early on of a rare disease. I miss them terribly. I've tried psychics before, but no one gets anything right. I do believe there are some truely gifted people out there, but there are more charlatans than the real deal.

Why couldn't I be as lucky as you?

[edit on 2-3-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Nope, I don't think you're full of it at all! That was an interesting story and thank you for sharing it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join