It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holographic Universe (Reality=Illusion)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

This is my first post here. Hopefully this has not been posted on here (at least recently.)

Enjoy, and elevate yourself.

Edited video link.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Jester, firstly - Welcome to ATS.

It would be helpful if you supplied some form of commentary for us to discuss instead of just posting youtube links and saying, elevate yourself. To where are we meant to elevate?

Are the theories in the video's your opinion also? Are there parts you do not disagree with? Let us know what parts of the 'science' make sense to you and why.

IRM

[edit on 23/2/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Links don't seem to be working.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i think he's just some troll trying to "spread the word" by signing up for an account on a ton of forums posting his vid.. and then moving on

the thing about the "holographic universe" theory that i think most people don't get..
is they initially relate it to "ghostly intangible see-through forms" .. akin to what they've seen in movies.. ie.. starwars etc..
this is reasonable

although.. the TRUE meaning of holography.. is the fact that every fragment of the whole... contains all the information of the whole.

take a glass hologram and break it.. you'll see the same ENTIRE image that was in the original in every piece of shattered glass.

where people take the route and spout off saying.. it's all an illusion .. it's not real it's all a hologram omg omg omg..

they completely miss the freaking point.. that the theorist is trying to illustrate.. saying that all the potential.. all the information necessary to manifest any part of the entirety of the whole.. is all contained within each of the smallest quantifiable units of the whole's structure.

this is where uneducated new age types take theoretical physics in a way according to the perception they've observed through the media ...
and it just spirals down into ridiculousness..

but can i blame them? i've some pretty far out theories myself

-

[edit on 24-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

they completely miss the freaking point.. that the theorist is trying to illustrate.. saying that all the potential.. all the information necessary to manifest any part of the entirety of the whole.. is all contained within each of the smallest quantifiable units of the whole's structure.

Sounds like DNA Prevenge!

IRM

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by prevenge

Sounds like DNA Prevenge!

IRM

yeah exactly. it's a prime example.

-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I understand the aspect of what an "actual" hologram is. There's actually a book that starts off with that metaphor, which explains essentially the same truth that those two 10 minute videos do, titled "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. That aspect of the hologram (every piece being identical to the whole) is essentially the point of the videos I posted.

Our external reality is actually an internal reality. It exists entirely in the brain. Now really think about that for a minute, and use the examples in the video to help hammer the point home:

A man looks at the galaxy through a telescope and perceives it to be millions of light years away. In reality, that galaxy is occurring within his brain. We ARE the universe. The entire universe is contained within our own body. It's like a Mandelbrot Set or a fractal image...or a Hologram. No matter how large or small something appears to be, it all contains the same thing: Consciousness. That is all there is and ever will be.

I'm definitely not here to troll. If I had any "purpose" it would be to help quell some of the paranoia that runs rampant on here, because all it is is negative energy which is holding us back. But that's a pretty ambitious task, so I'm just here man. lol

[edit on 24-2-2009 by jester87]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I can't seem to get the YouTube link to work to save my life (what the hell is the video number?)

Part 1 and Part 2:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jester87

I don't agree with the theory that everything is just in our mind. Our mind perceives, relays and gives feed back to us on the physical world that surrounds us. To deny the physical world is the ultimate denial!

I just don't buy into this "Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily - Life is but a dream" stuff.

I also don't understand how this can help counteract the millions of scared, paranoid people running around this place like Chicken Little screaming "The Sky Is Falling".

The sooner we acknowledge reality and realize we have the power to make positive change, the better. IMHO, this stuff doesn't help. All it does is muddy reality even further.

Rant Over!

IRM

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just listen to what you're saying for a second:

"I don't agree with the theory that everything is just in our mind."

To be fair, that's not a theory, that's fact. Everything that we perceive as the external world is 100% generated in our brain. You even said it yourself without even realizing it:

"Our mind perceives, relays and gives feed back to us on the physical world that surrounds us."

The universe does not exist without something to perceive it. Quantum mechanics has proved this with things such as The Double Slit experiment.

"The sooner we acknowledge reality and realize we have the power to make positive change, the better."

When I (or the video) says reality is an illusion, it is meant in the sense of reality as we know it to be and think of it on a daily basis is an illusion. Our entire reality is contained within our mind, yet we separate everything, when in reality, everything is connected.

Honestly, watch the videos because you seem to be a more enlightened dude than you even know.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jester87

The universe does not exist without something to perceive it. Quantum mechanics has proved this with things such as The Double Slit experiment.

I'm aware of the quantum observer theory but the problem I have with it is that it creates a infinite chicken and egg loop. It goes something like this:

Q: If humans weren't here, then how did the earth, solar system, galaxy and universe exist before us? Are you saying it spontaneously blinked into existence at the precise time we did?

A: According to quantum theory, there must have been someone, a consciousness perhaps that observed the creation of these too.

Q: You mean the big bang and everything?

A: Yep!

Q: So who or what was this 'consciousness'... god perhaps?

A: I can't honestly tell you - but maybe... it depends on what you believe in!

Q: So for arguments sake, if it was god, then who observed his creation?

A: I don't rightly know but it must of been someone or something!

Q: And who observed the creation of the creator of 'god'?

A: I don't rightly know but it must of been someone or something!

Ad infinitum....

To me, it's kind of counter productive. We know sand dunes move along the desert grain by grain yet it doesn't require someone to observe the individual journey of each grain for it to be true.

We know ripples form in the middle of the ocean and crash onto a beach with no one being non the wiser.

If I turn away, will the river still flow? Yep!

Did that ant nest require that I dig it up before it truly existed? No, it existed on it's own beneath the soil and out of view, it just took me to dig it up before I could personally acknowledge it's existence.

I'm not of the belief that reality requires an observer to justify it's existence. It's an extension of the theory that humans are at the center of the universe IMHO.

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

A man looks at the galaxy through a telescope and perceives it to be millions of light years away. In reality, that galaxy is occurring within his brain.

right but does that galaxy cease to be once that man dies, and the man sitting next to him continues to view the same exact galaxy?

We ARE the universe. The entire universe is contained within our own body. It's like a Mandelbrot Set or a fractal image...or a Hologram. No matter how large or small something appears to be, it all contains the same thing:

yeah that's what i was saying also.

Originally posted by jester87Consciousness. That is all there is and ever will be.

right .. ONE thing experiencing itself subjectively ... different leves of life = different levels of consciousness..

-
-

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I too partially disagree with the theory.

For that would imply that those things we are NOT staring at would not exist, due to no part of our consciousness keeping it real.

Okay some of the theory does have similarities with quantum physics and other such theories, whereby nothing really exists (it's all vibrating particles existing in a different state of frequency) BUT to claim that the universe would not exist without human perception i think is untrue.

Besides, elements of individual perception alter our lives dramatically, thus independant thought and individuality would not be a firm foundation for order, more for chaos.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Well, there is a prime consciousness from which everything, including us, is derived. I suppose you'd be more familiar with the phrase, a "first cause."

Just because someone is saying that "consciousness is necessary," it does not imply that that consciousness has to be human.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

That was well put. All of this new age raise your vibration crap is starting to get really annoying. Everyones trying to share "the secret"... but the secret they are revealing is how gulible and ignorant they are.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

"ive some theorys"
start a thread id like to here um

love and light

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Jester, when you put the YVID thing.
You only have to put after the = in the youtube URL.
For example this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=vnvM_YAwX4I
After you click yvid, only enter, vnvM_YAwX4I

And those video's.
They seem a little crazy.
I have thought things like this before myself, but then I get confused because it just goes around and round in circles.
I can never make sense of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i thought id join the imho(lol im [a] ho) gang and say:
imho all is veiwed,we are a hologram.
god creates us who then create him thats the parradox if your gonna use it. but is that a parradox? could we not be our own god?
perseption is not just what we see but what we create out of our own reality, any thing that can have something affect it has an "observer", the changes in the situation caused are the obsevations.
like if i throw a rock into sand the sand would dent, recording the action so to speak. even if i close my eyes the rock hits the sand and is recorded.
how the hollogram works would be a more usefull topic. if you could controll your own output. . .here come the super powers

love my light

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Just because someone is saying that "consciousness is necessary," it does not imply that that consciousness has to be human.

Nor did I perceive it as being such.
My previous post alludes to the consciousness of an "other". Whatever that other may be is subject to a myriad of different belief/faith systems. God, Aliens, Other...

Still remains the chicken and the egg however.

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

what the hell is the video number?

The video number is the text right after "v=" in the URL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[size=+1]vnvM_YAwX4I

[edit on 25-2-2009 by dbates]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join