It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange bird found in Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It definitely looks like a nighthawk...
Just a funny looking one though....the video makes it look real dark or something..just weird.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
what the hell is that ?

looks like a dragon or something pre-historic

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe on page 1:
"Yup, nothing to see here folks.
Just another Nighthawk..."

Of coursly it’s a Nighthawk. Must be. Who would ever deny it. As soon as I saw the video, I knew: “Man, it’s a Nighthawk!” Actually it’s a Nighthawk subspecies, called: “The Halloween Nighthawk”, that’s the ones who wear a reptilian mask when celebrating their birdy Halloween.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Hey maybe it is a reptile trying to look like a night hawk, or,
It is an owl trying to look like a night hawk, or,
It is a dragon trying to look like a night hawk.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it walks, it talks, it'll even crawl on its belly like a reptile! You kids really crack me up.

Once you've seen a night hawk up close, held it, fed it, watched it heal and released back into the wild, you do tend to know what they look like, but hey, what do I know right? Maybe it is bigfoot's pet dragon-reptile-owl.

Maybe the name is what is throwing you guys off, Night Hawk, and you are thinking of a Hawk. Well a night hawk is not really a type of hawk at all. It is a Nightjar, a whooperwil, a bug catcher. You've probably seen them flying around street lights at night thinking they were big bats.

Either way, you've provided me with some much needed laughter.

E.T.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Don´t worry about that, the bird was released into the wild, is explained at the end of the video.

2nd line: First time poster by the way...

[edit on 21-2-2009 by kazike]

[edit on 21-2-2009 by kazike]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
thats not a nighthawk

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I love this bird, and it most likely is a baby nighthawk which hasn't fully developed its mouth yet, as most baby birds tend to have a softer beak area.

Sure is cute, and birds are direct decedents of Dinosaurs, even Raptors had feathers. Of course they have lizard like qualities, scales evident on their legs.

Reverse genetic engineering brings out dinosaur traits in chickens.

www.scientificblogging.com...

Researchers from Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center have captured and sequenced tiny pieces of collagen protein from a 68 million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex. The protein fragments—seven in all—appear to most closely match amino acid sequences found in collagen of present day chickens.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazike
reply to post by RussianScientists

Don´t worry about that, the bird was released into the wild, is explained at the end of the video.

2nd line: First time poster by the way...

Good to know that they released the little guy, good for them, good for the little guy.

Good first post, kazike! A star for you.

YouAreDreaming, I've read those papers and I think there was a NatGeo or Discovery Science show on the subject as well. You know what that means, right? Dinasaurs taste like chicken! Maybe we can get KFC to sponsor the research.

[edit on 2/21/2009 by eaganthorn]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Definitely a nighthawk. Those birds you see over parking lots, flying around snatching insects at night and making buzzing sounds as they dive, are nighthawks. There are several kinds.

Goatsuckers Add Mystery and Song to the Night

Be sure to click on the link in the text for the picture. Some of them have what appear to be whiskers.

If you walk through an area with heavy trees in the day time, you may find one roosting in the branches.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A new species? Perhaps this is because of the galactic alignment. Edgar Cayce over at divinecosmos.com says that with the alignment the frequencies that bind everything around it will change and hence new life will emerge. Maybe this is a new species in result to the occurance which is increasing it's level as we head towards 2012. This could be just the beginning of a new evolution.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66 on page 1
"... You really have to shake your head at some of the comments.
Someone tells you what it is and people still want to claim its a reptile

In my opinion it does look like this, a nighthawk..."

Stupid us...! But now I have to admit you were right. After some research, it turned out to be an obvious hoax. So it WAS a Nighthawk.

We may close this thread now.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It looks a lot like what we aussies call a 'tawny frogmmouth' or Podargus strigoides. It's a type of owl-like bird we get over here.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For the life of me I can't understand how people can have the answer to the question given within the first five posts and then 20 posts later we have people speculating that this is evidence of a new evolutionary leap due to gallactic alignments in conjunction with 2012.

Good grief people!
I have thought it is a little cliche to use the website motto, but seriously people, give it a shot.

www.tucsonaudubon.org...
I believe this particular bird is probably the "common nighthawk" and not the "lesser nighthawk."

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eaganthorn

Just curious how do you explain the marked difference in beak structure between the unknown bird and a nighthawk?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What the video is saying is that the people think they saw a witch. but when they show the "nighthawk" the reporter is saying that people "could have" seen this type of "ave" (bird) which is not well know and think it is a "bruja" (witch).

then she says the bird was being taken to a facility in montery to rehibilitate and then they would release it back into the wild.

the people however remain convinced that it was not a bird at all, it was too big.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolBlackHole
Stupid us...! But now I have to admit you were right. After some research, it turned out to be an obvious hoax. So it WAS a Nighthawk.

No one said it was a hoax. A hoax implies a malicious intent to deceive. No one is claiming that.

What do you think it is?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Just curious how do you explain the marked difference in beak structure between the unknown bird and a nighthawk?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by jfj123]

I think this baby bird picture answers that question... mouth was still developing...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Eaganthorn, I think Brontosaurus burgers are the next big thing... the Flintstones had it right, grow em' big and delicious!

Yum.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Even if this is a nighthawk, there is still something strange going on here! In folklore, the nighthawk were believed to suck the milk from goats, earning the, the name "goatsuckers." That's right folks...we have a bonafide Chupacabra caught on film!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

They said it is a rare type of owl and that they didnt keep it, they let it free at a nearby field.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join