It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip-hop indeed comes from Freemasonic practices

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
theyre rich and famous, why wouldnt the masons invite them to join? madonna is in the masons. shes been photographed wearing a jacket with the pyramid and all seeing eye on the back. of course they'd join - they probably think its cool. (sad and pathetic tho if u ask me.)

also, great for the masons too - more ways to put their special 'message' and 'stamp' on the world. pity these people dont really know what they're a part of; or if they do - even sadder.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by miragezero

Page 819 among others

"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry. The whole body of the Royal and Sacerdotal Art was hidden so carefully, centuries since, in the High Degrees, as that it is even yet impossible to solve many of the enigmas which they contain. It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons, to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees; and whoso attempts to undeceive them will labor in vain, and without any true reward violate his obligations as an Adept. Masonry is the veritable Sphinx, buried to the head in the sands heaped round it by the ages. "

It's important to understand that Pike did not, and was not trying to, say that the first three degrees were "fronts". In fact, for centuries, Masonry had only two degrees, with the Third Degree only being added in the 1720's. The additional degrees did not begin to pop up until the 1740's.

Pike did, however, realize a problem. Many men beginning joining Masonic Lodges for what seemed to be petty and selfish reasons, to make business contacts and such. It then became Pike's intention to keep such people out of the Scottish Rite, admitting only those who had the honest desire to learn, and be serviceable to his fellow man. It is in this context that we can interpret the above Pike quote, as his intention was that only worthy students should advance in the Rite (and upon which point I completely agree with Pike).

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Yes, I agree with you, but in reference to this topic... all the items in the videos etc are concerned with the blue degrees, which is what prompted me to say what I did about them. Which is what Pike said about them. Which seems to be all that is occuring.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
theyre rich and famous, why wouldnt the masons invite them to join? madonna is in the masons. shes been photographed wearing a jacket with the pyramid and all seeing eye on the back. of course they'd join - they probably think its cool. (sad and pathetic tho if u ask me.)

also, great for the masons too - more ways to put their special 'message' and 'stamp' on the world. pity these people dont really know what they're a part of; or if they do - even sadder.

1. Madonna is a lady and therefore not a member of Freemasonry.
2. Just because someone has a jacket with certain symbols on it doesn't make them a Freemason, male or female.

Stay in school.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

One, no one is invited to join Freemasonry. You must seek it out yourself and ask to join. Two, if Madonna is a member of a co-ed Lodge, she is not a member of a Regular Lodge and therefore not considered a Mason. Three, the pyramid and all-seeing eye are not Masonic symbols nor are they exclusive to any group. If she was wearing a Square & Compass maybe, but a jacket is hardly evidence.

You call the Masons pathetic, yet you made outrageous assumptions without proof - that is pathetic and sad.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
So Madonna is a Mason then? Oh well. I guess Masons really do eat children. Tens of millions by the gulp.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
So Madonna is a Mason then? Oh well. I guess Masons really do eat children. Tens of millions by the gulp.

Does this mean her cohort Angelina Jolie is next? They both seem to have a baby-collecting disorder.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Does this mean her cohort Angelina Jolie is next? They both seem to have a baby-collecting disorder.
OK, if nobody else is up to the task, I volunteer to give Angelina Jolie a thorough bodily inspection, lingering at every tattoo with hopes of discovering and exposing their esoteric meanings to the world.

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. Think of the children!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

Yes, I'd forgotten about this. Bill Schnoebelen also put out a second video in which he's wearing a red tie, as well as lots of writings.

The particular portion of the video also describes "under the umbrella" as well as a detailed explanation of the unfinished pyramid and the capstone.

Not everything he says is true, though, so I can't believe his videos 100%. Plus he is dressed in Freemason blue, and uses all sorts of gestures.

He's not saying that men are better than God, rather that each man is a god of his own individual universe. In other words, they don't acknowledge the Christian God at all. It blows the lid off of the quantum theory of "parallel universes," and exposes "humanism" for what it really is.

This reminds me of a personal anecdote: my boss at a previous job would engage me in casual conversation about ideas like philosophy, the paranormal, theoretical physics, and such. He would insist that I hear his opinion about mulitple universes. Some weeks later he brought a few of his buddies and we all shared "Coronas" while literally "in the dark" (meaning, that he'd turned off the lights in the room). About an hour or so into our convergence he tried to get me to become a Freemason (in their indirect way, of course). I refused because I had already done my homework about Freemasonry. Their motto is "to be one, ask one" but I wasn't doing any asking. One of the guys there admitted to being a Freemason, and he said some stuff that I will probably share on another thread. My boss later explained indirectly that he thought that I'd be open to it because he noticed me printing out some stuff about the CFR

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Privy_Princess

I wonder if he gained this knowlege before of after he was a vampire? This guy is a wack job. Please, if you are going to watch this make sure you watch the rest of his stuff so you know who it is you are listening to.

He may be saying some false things, but he's definitely not a wack job. Maybe you're scared of being exposed?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Stop your emotional appeals, stay on topic and deny ignorance!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

There are explanations for many other things, like shoe laces, prison culture, and the words "holla," "mic" and "graf" but I can't remember them all right now.

graf...short form or slang for graffiti, the plural of graffito

"holla"? i was watching a discovery channel show about lost tribes and encounters with tribes that rarely interact with the modern world. 1 tribe made me laugh because they greated each other by saying "Holla" -- they must have been influenced by masonic rituals that happened on the other side of the world.

"mic" .... really? ....short form of the word microphone.

and the one pant leg rolled up was nothing masonic it ment "I have a gun"

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That's true, lots of unsuccessful musicians do use Illuminati symbols

KRS One said that there's no reason to fear the New World Order

What benefit would it bring to Jay-Z to portray himself as "mysterious" ?

Actually, yes, lots of commercial rappers are killing their own people with their stories of fear, prostitution and drug dealing

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

Unless you're, like, super-black you must join a Prince Hall lodge.

Prince Hall Masonry is not the same as white Masonry. The lodge halls themselves are smaller and much less appealing than white Masonic halls.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

In Morals and Dogma, Pike says that learning the symbolic meanings is reserved for the higher degrees.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

He said that he took the York Rite and the A&P Rite of M&M (Memphis and Mizraim)

What is your source for this timeline?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

This is the biggest load of nonsense. KRS-One? That man preaches against the NWO, and the government. I forgot which documentary he was on(I believe it was Alex Jones' last one), but he was speaking against the government.

Hip-hop is about the struggle. The meanings are twisted around sometimes but it is like that does not happen in rock. You are condemning hip-hop for the wrong reasons. You fail to look at the influential hip-hop artists. I can easily turn any lyrics into an Illuminati/Freemason influenced piece.

Do you have any evidence here? No. Although Jay-Z may be part of them, not everyone else is.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Seriously???Is that why hip/hop sucks so much??? UGGGGHHHHH. Yeah I can see this: they put that awful hip/hop out there so people like me after hearing it for hours will blow their brains out!!!!
If that's the case then I'd have to say that they put country music out there, too (OW)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by rapunzel222

One, no one is invited to join Freemasonry. You must seek it out yourself and ask to join.

The official rules say that there is to be no recruiting, but it happens anyway

Two, if Madonna is a member of a co-ed Lodge, she is not a member of a Regular Lodge and therefore not considered a Mason.

The female Masons in the US will not be pleased to find this out.

Three, the pyramid and all-seeing eye are not Masonic symbols nor are they exclusive to any group. If she was wearing a Square & Compass maybe, but a jacket is hardly evidence.

Ok, the All-Seeing Eye is not exclusive to any single group, but it is a Masonic symbol: secure.wikimedia.org...

You call the Masons pathetic, yet you made outrageous assumptions without proof - that is pathetic and sad.

Your defensive reactions are pathetic and sad, and once again place Masonry in a "bad light"

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

That could very well be possible. She is getting a divorce from Brad Pitt, and they will be in court fighting for custody of the kids. She's going to need all the help she can get.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join