It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Home Invasion Turns Into Shootout

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
You guys are claiming he can't shoot. I disagree. Watch the video when the last guy gets back in the car the homeowner puts a few through the windshield in a tight diameter.

Not bad considering he was outgunned 4-1. lol

Spot on. Outgunned 1-4 the homeowner scares the living whatsit out of the invaders and slots few into into the windscreen. The guy is a hero. if there was an argument for gun ownership this is it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I watched a different video of the same incident and it says the driver has hit.

I would love to shake that man's hand.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I agree with UNIT 541.

This guy must of had a beef with this guy and "bros" came back to exact revenge.

Never the less this makes an excellent example to support the 2nd.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
And whoever mentioned the tight pattern on the windshield, yeah he was definitely going for the brain on that one, pretty awesome!
It was simply to small of a target to hit.. he should have aimed for the big yellow streak down their backs instead.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Probably a drug house anyhow

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't necessarily agree with the fact that he may have been expecting anyone . although the stage is set for something of that nature .
My point is that I live in a reletivly affluent neighborhood , I have a home office ( owner operator commercial / industrial electrician ) I have vid cameras front and back of the house and yard and a loaded shot gun near the doors . I have monitors on my desk that record 24 / 7 . I dont worry about home invasion as much as would be thieves stealing my equiptment . But I'm as ready to defend as that guy was . I also won't fire warning shots like the guy in the vid. did !

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

The beautiful thing about arizona is that it is an open carry state. Anyone who can legally possess a handgun can carry it loaded in public at all times (except in prohibited locations such as banks, bars, or where it is posted by owner). Not to mention that concealed carry is available to residents and non-residents, so for 50 bucks and 8 hours of your time, plus a background check by DPS, you can take the class and get your ccw permit.

my bet is he had his pistol on his hip and did what he needed to do when he saw the threat running up on him.

Give that man a klondike bar.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would love to shake this guys hand myself. I don't think we actually give these brave citizens the feed back that they deserve. Positive feed back, that a boy, good job, you did what any self respecting, non-pc American would have, but I think if we did, then these people would become common, and thieving low lifes would become uncommon. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hell to the yes on this guys actions.
Cant wait to see the anti gun advocates sink their teeth into this, hope they have a good dentist.

I love watching thuggies run!

[edit on 20-2-2009 by snowen20]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
IMO this was definitely some kind of "get back" or something else of that nature . Those dudes had some firepower, that one dude had an automatic. Lucky for the home owner they were cowards though. And if you look closely these dudes was MS-13. Which means, almost without a doubt ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.

i know from personal experience that what you see in that vid, these dudes had some kind of prior problem with homeowner. Its just regular m.o. for that kind of thing. The vehicle was without a doubt stolen too.

Props to the homeowner.

Love and Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
this is a great example of why we need guns as citizens, maybe with this video the obama administration can see the benefits of arming ones self.

i've been wanting to arm myself with a gun but i cant since one i havent taken any classes and two i dont live on my own yet.

although hopefully this summer i'll go to the gun range and take lessons

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
first of all, they are not Ms-13.
The salvadoreans do not do those type of things during the daylight.
And they carry heavier weapons. these are just drug thugs, the black guy almost got shot lol.

BTW, this man without a doubt was expecting this.
Probably a drug dealer or someone that angered those thugs.
DON'T PRAISE HIM If YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING. Not a 'normal citizen'.
He put many cameras around and was ready to shoot for a reason.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thebeast2012

Your right, he probably was dealing, im still giving him props, cause dude didn't get stuck. and around my way, the treces do pull sh*t off like this in broad daylight. i can give you first hand knowledge on it. Granted, these dudes in the vid weren't carrying what i'd expect if it was a body drop, probably were stick up kids after a lick.

but look at it this way, nobody can prove it, and we got some footage which shows dudes running armed into some guys house, and guy drove thim out cause he was armed. Makes real good propaganda for the 2nd amendment. And i'm all for that.

Love and Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thebeast2012

Good point you make there, I almost forgot when I was in the corrections business one guy I knew who was in prison told me how he had seven cameras around his house and a monitor in his living room.

He was a drug dealer at the time. So your point is noted with me anyway.
however I still like seeing punks crap themselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebeast2012
first of all, they are not Ms-13.
The salvadoreans do not do those type of things during the daylight.
And they carry heavier weapons. these are just drug thugs, the black guy almost got shot lol.

BTW, this man without a doubt was expecting this.
Probably a drug dealer or someone that angered those thugs.
DON'T PRAISE HIM If YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING. Not a 'normal citizen'.
He put many cameras around and was ready to shoot for a reason.

Your asking people not to praise him without knowing, yet saying that he must have been a criminal himself because he was prepaired. Bad form man.

I am nowhere near a criminal, but if a car pulled up in my driveway like that, I promise you I am every bit as ready as that man was. Prepairedness is not an immediate admission of criminality, as you apparently stated above.

You should take your own advice.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is why gun ownership needs to stay legal and free.
nuff said.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Notice those cameras did not do one thing to deter those guys.
It is false security.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Does anyone honestly think that everyone carrying a gun around will make things safer?

Take it from the perspective of a guy trying to rob you.

Instead of him using his gun as leverage and to scare you with it he will assume you're carrying, even if you're not.

So he will just shoot you straight up with no warning.

Obviously you'll get the stupid ones like in that video, who assumed flashing their guns around would be enough.

Having said all that, it was pretty funny seeing those guys tail it out of there

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Notice those cameras did not do one thing to deter those guys.
It is false security.
Cameras are not meant to be deterrents, they serve as an early warning system like driveway sensors and motion-activated security lights.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well done for the man on he vid!
3 things come to my mind, he probably had a darn good holster which he wears at all time around the house. He also was most likely carrying something like a glock in 45 where the safety is right there on the trigger ( the rate of fire and sound of his gun fit the profile, hard to tell though because of the audio quality).
Thus the quick reaction.
Oh that and the guy probably knew what he was doing.
To bad he missed, next time those thugs invade a house they'll probably shoot to kill all the way... Guy in the car might have taken one though, hard to tell where bullets go after penetrating a windshield.

Oh and for everyone who thinks I shouldn't have my guns, why don't you come and try protect my house and family with good intentions and flower power against criminals armed with assault weapons... Oh and better yet, call the police in advance so that they can take care of the body count and pick up all the pieces with a trash bag

EDIT After reviewing the vid, I believe that the car guy was hit most def. Look at he way he starts to shut the car door and then it looks like it gets to heavy for him. Dumb move from a dumbA$s but what else could you expect.
Had he taken cover behind the car he probably would have killed the home owner. Good for all he didn't...

[edit on 20-2-2009 by TheDarkFlame]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join