It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Home Invasion Turns Into Shootout

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Do you honestly think using a baseball bat would be enough?

Say you hear someone break your window. You call the cops then grab your baseball bat since you don't believe in using a gun. You turn around the corner in the hallway, and instead of the criminal letting you hit him in the face with your baseball bat, he shoots you dead. The cops get there 40 minutes later and find the criminal gone, a long with your life and all your belongings.

Really, instead of just assuming the criminal ISN'T going to kill you on sight, prepare for the worst.

-Will

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Does anyone honestly think that everyone carrying a gun around will make things safer?

Take it from the perspective of a guy trying to rob you.

Instead of him using his gun as leverage and to scare you with it he will assume you're carrying, even if you're not.

So he will just shoot you straight up with no warning.

Obviously you'll get the stupid ones like in that video, who assumed flashing their guns around would be enough.

Having said all that, it was pretty funny seeing those guys tail it out of there
I think the crime rate and the overall rudeness present in our society would drop drastically if all citizens were armed. Criminals like soft targets, not people who are ready and able to defend themselves. Like the individuals in the video they're basically cowards at heart.

Back in 1984 Bernard Goetz shot four thugs on the NY subway that tried to rob him. Crime on the subways decreased by half for a couple of months afterwards as a result.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Looks like one of the guys hats fell off, I'm sure if they actually tried some people would get prosecuted for this.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am just surprised that none of them got killed.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
amatures...
got a giggle outa the last one (thug) outa the garage who slamed himself into the car ... lol

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Don't get me wrong there is a pro side to it as well, it's just that owning a gun is a privilege, not a right, just like having a car license.

This is where I have a problem, because if everyone is carrying, there are going to be a lot of innocent people being shot mistakenly.

Also, regarding home invasion, an instance like this one here I have no issues with:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
They are pointing guns at someone as soon as they got out of the car. The home owner just happened to have the vantage points covered for that tussle. He was defiantly expecting this to come. I'm all for gun rights but this video just shows one smart dealers way of delaying his own arrest. If he is not arrested at some point I would be surprised. I feel the video is just chest pumping, but I live on the border so I have seen first hand how this goes on. These kind of things happen a lot here but never get reported in the news too much as it's almost normal. Had this been completely random I don't think the home owner would have reacted so quickly. Seriously, it's been said before here, the violence is spilling over from Mexico. This is just more proof of how much it is.

I do agree our gun rights should be protected, but this is a poor example. I will put 100% faith this guy catches some flak at previous knowledge of the attack, and that will only fuel the opposition more. Be careful of the examples you wish to lead you, as once you show support it may turn it's head bite you on the butt.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Who de hell robs a house during the day...

and that guy has bad aim...

[edit on 2/20/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm new here so I just want to say hello to everybody. i found another video that gives more information. One of the guys got caught and one of them also got shot. First five or six minutes is about this invasion. If you want to see the rest of the video it's about the farmer that got sued by the illegals. It was a great video to watch. Enjoy!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

He shot well enough to survive the invasion. Imagine the terror of minding your own business in your house and instantly having to shoot an armed intruder or three. Not many people can shoot all that good in a calm state. Imagine shooting when surprised and in fear of your life. He did just fine.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I don't think that the thugs' intentions were to rob. Well, that may have been an after-thought, but their initial intentions were to kill this man.

Clearly evidenced by the fact that nobody issued any demands and they just jumped out guns blazing.

Probably an earlier altercation with the homeowner and, like was said before, someone went to get some friends...

Either that or the man WAS a drug dealer who ripped someone off.
If he hadn't ripped anyone off, they would have just tried to rob him - not kill him.

Still yet, that was a great video. I wish he would have gunned them all down. They deserve nothing less.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

So let's say he did manage to kill one of them. Then later evidence is brought up that he knew of the coming altercation, or that he provoked them into it. In either case both are scum but the gun control advocates now have info to make their case. As an example "look how guns are used to wage war over drugs"

I'll say it once more I get the feeling this guy showed his right, but he did under a guise that may fuel the wrong side.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This helps to convince me of a few things. One, own a gun if you can.
Two, the police can't protect you all they do is show up after the fact and open an investigation that may or may not ever be closed. Three, if you do own a gun then spend some time at the practice range and whenever possible have the gun on you or very near you.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The salvadoreans do not do those type of things during the daylight.
And they carry heavier weapons. these are just drug thugs, the black guy almost got shot lol.

If you look closely one of these thugs was well armed with a heavy weapon. from what i see in the vid one was carrying a AR 15, one of the BAD black assault weapons that the liberal anti gun people don't like.

A lot of good it did him i did not see him even try to fire it he was trying to get away so fast.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

reply to post by LLoyd45

Don't get me wrong there is a pro side to it as well, it's just that owning a gun is a privilege, not a right, just like having a car license.

This is where I have a problem, because if everyone is carrying, there are going to be a lot of innocent people being shot mistakenly.

Also, regarding home invasion, an instance like this one here I have no issues with:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure that you can speak intelligently about Austrailia, but really, man, you have no idea what your talking about in your two last posts.

First, your comment "Do you really think anyone is safer packing a gun around?"

Ill directly answer that with a resounding YES. And the American Forefathers agreed with me. And so does the better part of the USA. Thats why we STILL have our guns. I wont elaborate more on this, because Lloyd45 answered that very well.

Your comment that Ive quoted above speaks volumes about what you dont understand about this. Carrying a gun in the US is a RIGHT AND A PRIVILEGE. Our Constitution makes it both. It is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like having a drivers license. In fact, your comment about that sounds like something I saw written in a bogus gun control bill that has/had no chance of ever passing.

You want to own a firearm in the USA? Are you a citizen? Do you have a record free from felonies or assault charges? If so, then your good to go, go buy a .50 BMG and mount it on the roof of your house. Then any punk dips**t that pulls into your driveway to rob you will pray to be shot with your sidearm, instead of the cannon on your roof.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
reply to post by Azgard123

Outstanding video! I bet they won't be robbing anyone soon. Gun grabbing laws would have signed the death warrant for that home owner. Criminals don't give a sh*t about any gun law. Banning them just makes a huge underground market.

I will always keep a gun whatever the law says and an assault rife at that.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by LLoyd45

"Don't get me wrong there is a pro side to it as well, it's just that owning a gun is a privilege, not a right, just like having a car license."

I am having some difficulty with " a gun is a privilege, not a right " I don't want to assume anything, but could this statement be due to your country of residence ?

"This is where I have a problem, because if everyone is carrying, there are going to be a lot of innocent people being shot mistakenly."

I am also a bit confused with the idea that "a lot of innocent people being shot mistakenly " I have always felt the majority of 'innocent people ' shot, were shot by criminals !
Most States have somewhat different laws regarding the use of deadly force. I can only speak from my own experience. The folks that I know who carry concealed weapons take the responsibility very seriously. I honestly can't get my head around shooting
someone by mistake.

You also mentioned in a previous post that if armed robbers believed their victims were all armed they would simple shoot them and take what they wanted. This implies to me that they are inclined toward murder first and robbery as somewhat of a bonus.
If an armed thug believes you may be armed or have the ability to defend yourself, they will, as a matter of fact, look for an easier target. I could of course be totally off my rocker.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i didnt even bother to read through the posts but im sure what im about to say was the first thing on everyone elses mind considering the buzz all over the place.

ready?.......I AM NEVER GIVING UP MY FIREARMS BECAUSE THESE CRIMINALS WILL BE THE ONLY ARMED CIVILIANS ON THE STREETS!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

The salvadoreans do not do those type of things during the daylight.
And they carry heavier weapons. these are just drug thugs, the black guy almost got shot lol.

If you look closely one of these thugs was well armed with a heavy weapon. from what i see in the vid one was carrying a AR 15, one of the BAD black assault weapons that the liberal anti gun people don't like.

A lot of good it did him i did not see him even try to fire it he was trying to get away so fast.

Might not have actually had bullets, the gun seemed to be more of a fear tactic or else they would have greased the guy.....Unless he is like robocop or something

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Look, obviously it's only my opinion about it but I agree most don't have an inclination to murder, but neither does the average person.

You also got to remember most thieves do it out of necessity or desperation so nothing is going to deter them.

You carry a handgun they'll carry an automatic

Then what? start walking round with bullet proof vests on? Or a rifle over your shoulder?

It is a bit of a catch 22 situation.

Regarding innocent people being shot, in a way it's inevitable whatever you do but at least you won't get a hero running on adrenaline thinking they're doing the right thing by pulling out a gun and interfering.

Again, it's just my opinion....I'm not advocating getting rid of guns all together, just feel carrying weapons in public is not the answer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join