It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Seriously if we see an 850 point drop in the next 2 days, the panic it would set off would be disastrous.

Yes, that is true, but I believe what is happening now is a variation of the urban legend concerning placing a frog in cool water, and slowly heating it up. When the Dow was 14,164, if someone told you that in a little over a year, it would be roughly HALF of that, would you have believed it?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Yes, that is true, but I believe what is happening now is a variation of the urban legend concerning placing a frog in cool water, and slowly heating it up. When the Dow was 14,164, if someone told you that in a little over a year, it would be roughly HALF of that, would you have believed it?

Okay - I will accept that this is a question that is really geared to the average person
And no, the average person would not have believed it.

Many traders KNEW it was coming, we just didn't know what would be the pin prick that broke the bubble. Now we do know - it was Bear Sterns

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Okay - I will accept that this is a question that is really geared to the average person And no, the average person would not have believed it. Many traders KNEW it was coming, we just didn't know what would be the pin prick that broke the bubble. Now we do know - it was Bear Sterns

Then I don't have to tell you where we are headed. My friend, there is no happy ending to this story.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nimrod

Everything is fine as long as the Yen doesn't rise or US dollar fells. Maybe the massive buy of Us dollars could find another explanation here.

(thanks to help me get a better picture of the whole thing.)

Beside that, can we say that this massive and very silent move of Dollars has also permitted to not see gold going up too much just now ?

same situation without this USD manipulation, where would be gold now ? 1100 or something ?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

Remember, Eastern European countries, like Czech Republic, Hungary and Austria, were the ones buying up the gold recently. They are hedging against a currency default - especially Hungary.

When I started this thread, there was NO NEWS to explain what was happening, now there has been.

Woori bank did not make a payment on one of it's bonds and rolled it over which sparked the Asia flight to safety in the USD and the gold was E. Europe countries who are barely hanging on right now.

Don't get me wrong, I am not denying manipulation of gold or the market or Asian currencies, I'm not stupid, but those specific reasons were not behind this week's activity.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

you are too correct, my friend.

Too Correct in that statement.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I think both of our signatures give away our thoughts. Good night, my friend.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I know if an unforeseen event happens the whole thing is going. So how long will this shell game keep going on before everything collapses, considering all the moves are made flawlessly. Will it get to a point where it just runs out of road off the edge of a cliff.

I found out just a few days ago that if total economic collapse happens so does the political structure.

I see Prof. Emeritus made mention of the Dow is on the way down to 1000.

Edit - I'd also like to say I have learned a whole lot from this thread, so thanks for starting it.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The idea of NWO is exhausted, after 250 years of abuse.

It is an empty echo. What is going on right now is the whole globe is being turned into one huge black market. Open your eyes.

There is no Force which will impose one Will, One Currency, One Stability.

Compare this to what is going on in Mexico.

There is Madoff, Stanford, and God knows how many more - it seems that everybody is doing the same thing.

You looking for logic in this? There's your logic - there is no bottom to reach. It is a continuity (continuum).

The true nature of the ideology of "exchange" is being revealed - exchange means only one thing: deprivation.

People who die because of this are overlooked. You focus only on those who "survive". This is one big life of denial, and there is no other outcome.

Understand the paradigm of the present system - Theft. Murder. Robbery. Brigandage.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I'm definitely there with you on that thought. There was a plan for a NWO but they found out that this planned economic crisis is something that they couldn't control. So now it has turned into every man for himself.

The only thing I can figure is that the elite are so far out of touch they think taking all the money we have is going to help them survive. That isn't going to happen. Not when people are going to be more interested in things that are going to keep them alive.

It is going to be interesting to see what the markets do tonight and in the morning though. At least some kind of indication before hand before it everything becomes completely lost.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Good question. And a hard one to answer.

Take the time to read this to understand how the DJIA works.

Now, having read that, you can understand that the majority of the "mover" stocks of recent have so little value that even should they all go to zero, it still wouldn't trip the circuit breakers.

Now should something "blow up" in that list of index drivers.... Well then all bets are off, aren't they?

Dow 1000 would be far below the current level of inflation. Dow 5000 is realistic, unfortunately. But if it got to 5000 and things in the world economies were STILL not recovering, then Prof's vision of 1000 could still become a reality.

The political implosion would be after a bond market dislocation. If the rest of the world woke up one morning and really smelled the coffee and realized that our Treasury Bonds are in reality, worthless and called them in - then our country would cease to exist - literally.

The Breton-Woods agreement that set the USD as the reserve currency for the world is probably the only ting that is keeping that from happening. Should that become nullified, we will all be learning a new language to ask for our soup in the soup lines. Unfortunately I am DEAD SERIOUS when I say that.

Know any Chinese?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I've got an idea that the PTB are actually leaving the boat. They are definitely getting out of the system. The system is the mess and now they are out of it and observing it as in vitro, like some lab experiment.

Everybody is too busy holding his own pants to notice, or to admit (takes some courage to do that) that corruption has destroyed the system (actually, the functionality of the system).

What has been totally neglected is the ethics. The brainwashing from Hollywood and politicians has worked effectively, everybody has been forced hysteria down the throat - earning money as the only valid motivation in life has wiped out all other values, and being so it got devalued itself.

Nobody ever questions this motivation? Look at the result.

Yesterday only confirmed what happened the day before. There was no correction on the world burses. I believe George Ure may be right.

In order to stop this avalanche you have to switch from snow to vapor. Sublimation can save the day, but what does it mean economically? Anyone got the answer?

Too bad if you don't.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

When or rather why would the BW agreement be nullified..?
How would this come about? I surely hope it is not inevitable?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If you nullify BW, or fail to respond to BONDage, you lose the calibration (measure) and confidence.

If all this is played out, then there is the incommunicado situation. You get excommunicated. That means war. Some will go down as an example (like in a typical pulp story).

It's a dead serious situation.

Money is only a projection of authority. If you lose authority, then others will look for some other "hard" basis for it. The country with the most stable system may become that (China?). For a short while at least. But in the given situation, chaos is more likely to occur.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Well then...I guess that's what will happen..WAR? ..total annihilation I would say.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

Perhaps Mexico is one extreme, but black market is more likely to happen, and war conducted behind the public scene.

Places like Afghanistan (where opium is produced in large quantities) are the main battleground.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21

When or rather why would the BW agreement be nullified..?
How would this come about? I surely hope it is not inevitable?

There have already been calls for a "new" Bretton Woods

Another one - translated through google translator from French to English

There is even a Project Web Page with updates

Each time the G20 meets I get nervous. One of these days they WILL call for a new system of economic policy.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I haven't seen that film "The International".
But let's speculate... What will those with money do in a situation like this? Finance an army? What creates authority - army!

It is the first thing they will invest money in to, because it creates the basis for "stability" which will guarantee income from their further investments.

Military power is the backbone of the global system, and each particular system. If you follow the money, this is where you will eventually arrive.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Without army there is no monopoly.
Without monopoly, there is no "free market"

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yes war is a very effective "reset" tool. The destruction that results spurs a new economy as things must be rebuilt. Power bases change, new powers arise.

Fortunately we seem to have enough level heads in top global positions right now to prevent a full scale nuclear war, everyone knows that no one wins one, crop lands are left useless for WAY too long, etc.

Even if you follow the Illuminati CT, those PTB will not sacrifice the usefulness of the world's natural resources in the process of culling the population.

They need to eat when it's all over too.

There is a lot of global bad sentiment towards the US right now, even more so since Sept. 08 and the severe onset of this stage of the economic crisis.

It is not out of the scope of reality to think that should a new "world war" break out that it will be centered on our soil this time and not Europe's.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join