It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck wants your picture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've been listening to the Glenn Beck program over the last week for almost the whole show everyday. He had this thing about the 9 principles of liberty which you can see on his website which you can find here.

www.glennbeck.com...

Which, I agree with those 9 principles and 12 values. Now the weird part.

He wants you to send in your picture and to say "yes, I do agree with these 9 principles." Does anyone else find that odd? Why would he want pictures of everyone who agrees with these principles? I just find it odd, and I was wanting to hear another opinion on it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

He's just doing it, I think, to put a face on all the anger in this country now. It's easy to say that, say, a million people agree with what he is saying. It packs a lot more of a punch if he can show a million faces to back it up.

Supposedly, in March, he's suppose to use the pictures on some segment on his TV show.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Not entierly sure why they want pics other than they plan on using them in some sort of "montage sequence" for this show where they "pull back the curtain".

Note at the bottom of the article it states "By submitting your picture you are granting us a license to use your image publicly."

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yea, I understand that,, but for some reason it felt weird when he was saying it.. I asked my dad about it and he said he thinks Glenn is planning some sort of revolution. I can sort of see it seeing as he had that representative from N.H. on his show. I truly believe Glenn Beck is one of the few people in the media that actually care about this country. But the whole him asking us for our pictures thing sort of felt off.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

He's just doing it, I think, to put a face on all the anger in this country now. It's easy to say that, say, a million people agree with what he is saying. It packs a lot more of a punch if he can show a million faces to back it up.

Supposedly, in March, he's suppose to use the pictures on some segment on his TV show.

Glenn Beck is no more then a tool of TPTB.

He must have done a good job of pulling in his quota of the religious masses.

Rush pulls in the Ditto-heads and he pulls in the Sick Twisted Freaks.

It is pathetic that they mock their followers and yet they remain loyal and obedient.

The MSM ate a powerful lot.

You have to give the devil his due.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Could he be asking for your picture so that they have a database of those that oppose or disagree with the government?

There are statements there that question whether you will obey the government..

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

This to me would show that those pictured are not true americans going by what the government expects of you. You are expected to give all you can and listen faithfully to them and not question their motives in times of crisis.

The people providing pictures will probably have a red sticker on their mailbox to let the authorities know that this person is to be sent to one of the camps set up for dissidents and those to have their thinking readjusted.

The government does not work for you and you must get that out of your head.

IMO
Rgds

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
Yea, I understand that,, but for some reason it felt weird when he was saying it.. I asked my dad about it and he said he thinks Glenn is planning some sort of revolution. I can sort of see it seeing as he had that representative from N.H. on his show. I truly believe Glenn Beck is one of the few people in the media that actually care about this country. But the whole him asking us for our pictures thing sort of felt off.

Lou Dobbs is ALL OVER all the stuff going on!! He has mentioned the Amero - the NWO etc.... I think those 2 are the only ones who have.

I love Keith Olbermann, I really wish he would go there to, not stay "blinded" in one direction, but look in all, and bring truths out.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

OOOHHH - I had posted the comment above, BEFORE I went to Beck's website..............

OH LA LA - those are some VERY powerful - revolutionary type words - he is using as principles........

YIKES - I wouldn't be giving my name and picture like that to him, based on those words.

Then the govt. has all the information - including your picture for coming and getting you!!

No, thanks, I will stay in the background - except for my yelling and screaming when I call Washington folks up.

What is interesting, is the other day, when I called all the offices and the White house, NO ONE asked me - my name....................

I actually found that odd,,,,, because, when I have called those places before, they needed to know everything about me - name, address, phone # - the works, to make sure I was "real". This time, not one office asked even my name.................

hhhmmmmm - I wonder why - like maybe they have "upgraded" and have that immediately upon my call,,, maybe???? YEP

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is an exaggerating opinionated newscaster...he wants to slam all of these photos together to show how many people are against what the government is doing. I'm supporting his process but overall just don't dig the guy...These photos will be made into a collage basically of everyone who doesn't want the government to continue to ruin those 9 principles.

I wouldn't go around throwing your picture to fox news...especially since we don't know where/what it's goin' to (if indeed it is being made into a project)...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Im sorry to say to some of you "the govt will use those pics to come get me" that if the govt really wanted to get you, they would. They dont need pictures from Glenn beck to figure out who you are. They have their own database and I am sure it is way more advanced than Glenn Becks Phtograph montage. The Govt already knows who youpeople are, they know who I am, they know who my nieces and nephews are, they know who your great grandma is, they even know your favorite kind of soda pop.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well I sent my picture in. I refuse to live my life in fear.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why does he need to make his own list?

Surely there's only one that needs to be said

1) I promise to faithfully uphold, respect and honor the constitution.

... Or something like that.

I find it a little annoying you have to swear "I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life."

What's the point of that? I guess he thinks people who don't believe in God are bad people.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

[/sarcasm]

That's great thinking.... the government would have all the data they needed from their illegal wiretaps and surveillance anyways, so they know what you look like already.

So it won't hurt to send it to them... they probably already have it. Whether your stating to the government that you will not follow their rules because they work for you, is besides the point. They work for you and whether they are making lists of any dissenters and placing markings on mailboxes for future roundups is also besides the point.

The bottom line is the government works for you and they can't do something against you unless you want them to. You are completely safe in this thinking.

[/sarcasm off]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ooooh...did i do this?

I most certainly did. You may see my this very profile picture on whatever is planned for this "You are not alone" deal.

Do i agree with much of what Beck says? Not even close.

I'm not worried about what happens to my picture. I'm not hiding who I am. I leave it open for everyone on a conspiracy site to judge if that says anything.

I guess the real reason i did it is that I want to know how many people out there feel as i do. How many have realized how corrupt our government has been over the years?

People out there see it, I'll let them count me down as one.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
Could he be asking for your picture so that they have a database of those that oppose or disagree with the government?

There are statements there that question whether you will obey the government..

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

This to me would show that those pictured are not true americans going by what the government expects of you. You are expected to give all you can and listen faithfully to them and not question their motives in times of crisis.

The people providing pictures will probably have a red sticker on their mailbox to let the authorities know that this person is to be sent to one of the camps set up for dissidents and those to have their thinking readjusted.

The government does not work for you and you must get that out of your head.

IMO
Rgds

I thought the same thing, didn't Glenn Beck also back some of Bush's things. He even had said somethings in a way, to stimulate anti-Muslim feelings.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Just better watch out that they don't use your photo in a hemorrhoids or a condom commercial or advertisement and your better half sees it before you have a chance to let them know you gave them permission to say your butt hurts...

Rgds

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I suppose I can see all view points posted on the thread.. the government most definetly can find out anything they want to. Maybe I will send in my picture, screw it.

To the poster who asked why he said something about God-

He said if you agree with at least 7 out of the 9 then we have something in common.. so I suppose if you agree with at least 6 others then you guys are on the same page

The more I listen to Glenn on the radio the more I believe he does truly care about the direction of the country.. there are no other people on the radio (even Rush and Hannity) who are speaking as profoundly as GB is.

Whenever people ask Hannity about a possible revolution he completely deters the idea which makes me think he is just a puppet.. but GB honestly makes me think otherwise.

I am going to print these 9 principles off of the internet and tape them to as many doors as I can. Attached will be information about a Constitutional meeting for my area (columbus OH). I think you all should do similar things. I will create a thread about the event and post the results.

I will leave you with some of my favorite patriotic quotes.

"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." Thomas Jefferson.

"What is the essence of America? Finding and maintaining that perfect, delicate balance between freedom 'to' and freedom 'from'." Marilyn vos Savant, in Parade.

"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle" George William Curtis.

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." ~Elmer Davis

"Our country, right or wrong." When right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right." ~Carl Schurz

The last quote from Carl Schurz applies more so now than ever. I urge you all to do anything and everything you can.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
He wants you to send in your picture and to say "yes, I do agree with these 9 principles."

Should just send him picture of your genitalia....and tell him his principles are nuts...pun intended

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Lol, Oz.. that's funny..

But on a serious note.. you really don't agree with the principles he posted? Those principles aren't conservative or liberal.. (apart from maybe the God one). They're something that anyone who loves America should agree with and try their damndest to uphold.

I'm so past liberalism and conservatism, I'm on to patriotism (true patriotism, our founding father's patriotism). I think we can all agree our founding fathers would not recognize the America of today.

I believe things are nearing (if not already arrived) the point they were when Henry the V was ruling us from Great Britian.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Well, Im not a yank, but his principles could be applied to any country i think.

Do I agree with them? Not really, it sounds like he really has something against the government and he wants a bunch of pictures of his sheeple to prove that his point is correct. I do agree with the first one though, except replace America with Australia

top topics

<<   2 >>

join