It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatric drugs, take the time to watch these videos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Please take the time to watch this video series. I just did. It helps further document what we have already suspected and known about this dirty, multi-billion dollar industry.

www.cchr.org...#/videos/making-a-killing-introduction

If these videos upset you, make you angry, or make you cry, congratulations, you are still human.

Troy

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
*****WARNING*******WARNING********* WARNING******** WARNING********

The Videos in this Thread were created by a SCIENTOLOGY front group and are very bias in their presentation. Scientologists hate Psychiatry and even go so far as to blame it for the Holocaust. They talk about psychiatry's long-standing "master plan" for world domination. They blame psychiatry for the September 11 attacks and state that that psychiatrists caused the universe havoc billions of years ago. Scientologists hate Psychiatry as Psychiatrists have been instrumental in helping individuals who wish to leave the cult. CCHR Holds that mental illness of any kind does not exist, based on the teachings of the cult. Thus Epilepsy, Autism, Schizophrenia, Dyslexia, and many others do not exist according to CCHR. They claim mental disease is simply a confused "Body Thetan" or alien ghost living within you. CCHR has been found guilty of "very substantial" libel damages and the court also found that CCHR's claims were "highly defamatory" and "utterly false."

While some drugs are not good for you, and others are more about profit than cure, there are indeed numerous medication that are very helpful for a large number of people.

Please be aware of who is making these films and watch them with that clear Cult Bias in mind.

If you wish to learn more about the dangers of Scientology here is a good link: Why We Protest

If you wish to learn about members who have died at the hands of Scientologists look here: Why Are They Dead?

[edit on 11/2/09 by Terapin]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

you know i come to this thread and there was no replies, and while watching the videos in the OP's link i was thinking to myself "man, some of these people sound like scientologists"

lo and behold a quick refresh before posting and i see youve replied.

definately true, they even admit it themselves.

CCHR FAQ

What is CCHR?

The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) is a non-profit, public benefit organization dedicated to investigating and exposing psychiatric violations of human rights. It also ensures that criminal acts within the psychiatric industry are reported to the proper authorities and acted upon.

CCHR was founded in 1969 by the Church of Scientology] and the internationally acclaimed author, Dr. Thomas Szasz,

Is CCHR part of the Church of Scientology?

CCHR is an independent organization. It comprises members of the Church of Scientology and many other people of various denominations, faiths and cultural beliefs.

Why is Scientology opposed to psychiatry?

When the Church of Scientology established CCHR in 1969, victims of psychiatry had no rights and needed a voice.

*snip*
The founder of Scientology, Mr. L. Ron Hubbard, was the first to confront these desperate acts by psychiatrists.

wow, a LOT of links to scientology website, its history, and even a link to hubbard.

and they have the nerve to talk about unbias reviews, when the info is provided by themselves, as a bias group.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Psychiatry sucks, I don't need Scientology to tell me that. Just read up with Thomas Sasz or do some googleing and you can find plenty of Neuroscientists and MD's opposed to the opressive tactics of religious groups like APA or Scientology. Can people have problems with their brains? Sure but that lies squarely in neurology, other than that psych maybe a crude substitute for a religion using science as a cloak.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
thomas sasz is a scientology shill who founded CCHR

two.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I figured this kind of response from "some" people here.

You don't have to be a Scientologist to understand the importance of the videos. The scope of CCHR covers even those who aren't Scientologists.

Just because Scientology has affiliation, "there "must" be some other conspiracy behind this."

I supposed if a Christian ran the organization, then there must be a problem with it as well.

I gave you the truth, and you trashed it. Psychiatry is a real problem. They have caused my family nothing but problems. They are currently drugging the crap out of my sister-in-law, and undermining their marriage.

If that's not enough, how about a cousin of mine beating himself with a belt related to Psychiatric drug usage?

Want more? How about the darkening personality of my borther-in-law on Psychiatric drugs? "Charles Manson is my hero," he has said. No joke.

How about the declining grades of my young nephew, who was temporarily on the medication? Thankfully, his mom stood up for him and refused to give him the medication anymore. He is doing great in school now.

Terapin, I just exposed something that really is dangerous. And you post a link to the dangers of Scientology? What, do you get paid by Big Pharma or something? Man, you must have some money at stake.

"Warning-----Warning-----Warning"

And, I know you didn't watch the videos, but thought it was your "duty" to post a warning. You didn't have enough time to even watch the videos, according to your post time. But, you had enough time to try and dig up some dirt. Terapin, what a good ATSer you are.

Troy

[edit on 11-2-2009 by cybertroy]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Notice that I specifically did not tell people not to watch the videos. I told people to watch them, but with their origins in mind. I also said that some medications are dangerous, and others are just about making money.

But the truth is that many peoples lives are greatly improved through the proper use of medication. You can not blanket all medications for psychological problems in every instance, as being bad, and that is what CCHR does. I have seen the CCHR videos, read their brochures and visited their new site not far from my house. I am not ignorant of what they claim. Don't jump to conclusions that I did not watch their videos simply because you looked at posting times. I probably know more about CCHR and their propaganda than you do. I also have a very good understanding of Psychiatry, biochemistry, and medicine in general. If you like, we can discuss the biochemistry of presynaptic and postsnaptic neuroreceptors. Perhaps the dopamine, serotonin, and opiate receptors might be a good place to start.

You can list people who have had problems, and I can just as easily list people whos lives are much better because of medication. Tell the person with epilepsy that they cant have anti seizure medication. Thats what CCHR does. I have friends with manic-depression, who could not live a normal life without their medication (lithium salts). CCHR would deny it to them, dooming them to misery. With them they function normally as their brain chemistry is now balanced. Tell Michael J. Fox that he can no longer take medication to help control his Parkinsons.

If your source was more credible it would add to your overall point. When you link to a front for a dangerous cult, you simply point to obvious propaganda with a very strange agenda. They seriously believe that psychiatry caused havock in the universe Billions of years ago! Yeah, I am going to listen to them for medical advice.
There are much better sources if you wish to have a serious discussion about problems in the medical field.

[edit on 12/2/09 by Terapin] Spelling and typos

[edit on 12/2/09 by Terapin]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You may as well told people not to watch them. "Warning"

No, my friend. I worked, in the past, within the Church of Scientology.

I think I know a little bit about CCHR. I was looking for videos on dogpile.com, and CCHR came up.

They are a credible source. Honestly, they do a great job of presenting the evidence. They do work hard at trying to get an important point across, and they are making good changes occur. I hope they do succeed in eradicating Psychiatric abuse. I honestly do.

And, the message presented is for all people. You don't have to be a Scientologist to help out with CCHR's purpose. It's intended to help everyone.

Point acknowleged on the "blanket statement." Point acknowleged on your awareness of destructive drugs.

But, I can attest that Psych drugs don't very much good. I have enough stories, within my own family, without the videos, that back me up on the dangers of Psychiatry. Let me see, 100% negative overall effects in relation to Psychiatry and Psych drugs, within my family. This is multiple family members, that I know of. My friend, that's not a good track record.

This post isn't meant to do away with drugs that are truly helpful. Just the drugs that are generating money and destroying lives.

Considering that things like Depression and ADHD aren't really diseases and can be resolved, I would say that there is a mountain of money being made at our expense.

And, Michael J Fox was the spokesman for diet Coke. I wonder if that could have anything to do with Parkinsons? Nutra Crap, Hmmm.

Troy

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is some incredibly nasty stuff.

New development on Psychiatry and my brother's marriage. Here's the newest information as I have received it. His wife is being drugged something like every 3 hours. They have to watch films about "depression" and such. These films show things like a parent throwing their kid in front of a car, blood and everything. "Apparently" to show what happens if you don't get help or drugs. Right.

What is a film like this supposed to do?

Oh, there's more.

His wife is apparently being forced to sign the divorce papers. What's up with that? My Aunt was talking to his wife on the phone, and she was talking about how she has been thinking about a divorce for a while. Then, I think his wife ran into the bathroom, sort of whispered, and the story changed. She was saying she is going to be forced to sign the divorce papers, and she was being medicated every 3 hours to the point of where she didn't quite know where she was. And she said she loved her husband. It's like the divorce conversation was said in the way so that the "watchers" heard her.

Yep, more.

His wife mentioned them taking cultures from her ears. And they were supposed to do some kind of thyroid test. Shouldn't the thyroid test have been done in the beginning? There are cameras everywhere.

This is madness folks. I wish something like this weren't happening, but I'm just going over what I have just heard.

I'm thinking my bother could pay off some bills with a nice fat lawsuit, and set his family up well. Good enough for the sleaze balls. Let the place burn. I thought crap like this vanished back with ice picks and torture devices of old school Psychs. Apparently some things have not changed, only their tools.

Troy

[edit on 13-2-2009 by cybertroy]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Your family should get a second and third opinion. Sounds like the problem is not psychiatry per se, but a bad Dr. There are a lot of bad Drs out there who do a disservice to their profession.

In addition A Dr would have nothing to do with divorce papers. That would be a lawyer.

[edit on 13/2/09 by Terapin]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Absolutely, these guys are definitely giving real doctors a bad name. It's really messed up. I know it may sound unbelievable, but this is the drama that is occurring, unless, for some reason I hear different.

My brother is planning on talking to a lawyer friend tomorrow. These guys don't need to be in business.

Troy

[edit on 13-2-2009 by cybertroy]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

I didn't watch all the videos, I was interested due to a cousin who has spent most of her life in an institution, but I am put off by what seems to be a claim that there was/is no real mental illness or treatment for it, and I know this is not true. My cousin is/was mentally ill, and with treatment by drugs and family and medical support she lives a pretty normal life now, no longer institutionalized. I am sure she is not the only one. But voluntary work in a local institution showed me that people DO shut up their loved ones and forget about them, or don't participate in recovery, just lock them away, and abuse by caregivers is rampant.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It's pretty abusive for sure. Makes me want to run in like Rambo and tear up the joint. You can't be a hero these days, they would throw me in jail for beating up those scum bags.

My brother talked to a lawyer, and aparently the law system is so messed up that they apparently can push this divorce. If she signs, at least they say they will let her go. Not good, but it's better than being locked up with parasites, if she can't be gotten out any other way.

If I have anything to say about it, she won't be going back to a Psych. I've seen enough with friends and family over the years. She didn't have a nervous breakdown until she started seeing a Psych again.

I've had some emotional, evil, and suicidal crap go on in my mind. That hospital would have probably liked to have scooped me up when that stuff was happening. "Come here son, let's rub some salt into that wound. How about we make it so you don't feel anything?" But, I got through it without a single visit to a shrink, and without popping those crappy pills.

I have the luxury of being able to stand on the outside of the situation, with a clear view, because I was never fully drawn into this Psychiatric mess. I am thankful for that. I see what others can't and what others don't want you to see. Thankfully, there are others who can see what I see.

No thank you Sigmund Fraud.

Troy

[edit on 15-2-2009 by cybertroy]

[edit on 15-2-2009 by cybertroy]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The situation is pretty crazy now with my brother and his wife.

She's off doing whatever crazy stuff she can get into. She just does things. Tattoos, smoking pot, body piercings, smoking, drinking heavily, having sex with someone else, I guess with the guy she calls her boyfriend?

This is from a person, I thought I knew a little bit about. It's shocking. I know she wasn't quite stable, but man, this is a change.

(I'm not condemning sensible usage of alcohol or tattoos or anything, but this has gotten ridiculous.)

This is on top of 8 medications the quack Psychiatrist has her on. 8 medications, I said that right. Just 1 of those medications is enough to alter how you act. Alcohol and just one of those medications could kill her.

She says she is trying to "catch up" on her dating.

Basically the Psychiatrist took and amplified her insanity. This is no cure for her ills. This quack, and anyone assisting him, should be locked up in jail, and the "hospital" should be destroyed, or turned into something that is actually useful.

It's terrible.

She's got a responsibility to 4 kids, but tattoos aparently come first. On her day off of work, instead of watching the kids, my mom and dad had to watch the kids, while she went to get a tattoo.

Troy

[edit on 7-3-2009 by cybertroy]

[edit on 7-3-2009 by cybertroy]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Now, she is telling her granny that my brother hit her. It's getting ridiculous. I know she wasn't a perfect person, but man, this girl has grown long black hair, and is now riding a broomstick, in a very short amount of time.

She was not like this before. Like I said, her insanity has been amplified.

And, it's my feeling that she wants full custody of the kids. The first time my brother saw this "boyfriend," he was in my brothers van, when his wife brought the kids home to him. He was mad, naturally he was. So he was throwing some things around. Wouldn't you be mad? She's like, "If you're going to act like that, I'll just file for full custody of the kids."

As if she needs custody of anything in the shape she is in. I wouldn't give her custody of a tank of fish right now.

That's how much, drugs+Psychiatrist+whatever else, has changed her. The constraints were taken off of her "evil," and she does the crazy things that come into her mind. She pretty much told my mom this is what the drugs do to her. What if she decides to kill the kids, like some people on these drugs have?

I want you folks to know the hospital name, because I want this hospital closed down, by the authority of the law. And I want that filthy staff to go to jail. "Wheatland Hills Memory Care Unit," located in Radford, Virginia. It is off of Route 11, before you get to the Sheets gas station, coming from Dublin, Virginia. It is tucked away in a residential area, next to some houses.

7486 Lee Highway, Radford, VA 24141

It is listed as a retirement center, which I guess also has old people under their care. "Wheatland Hills Retirement Center"

One more nasty tidbit about the Psychiatric patient care. The patients were made to sit and watch very strange films. One of the films showed a parent throwing their child into traffic, "aparently" to show how depression affects people, if they don't get on medication? WTF And it was graphic and bloody. What kind of theraputic value could such a film have on unstable people on powerful drugs? Are they trying to create killers?

Troy

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Always something new to tell. What a mess!

I found out that the Psychiatrist was helping to push these ideas of "freedom" on my brothers wife.

My cousin ran into her in Wal-Marts, and now she is saying she isn't going to take care of the kids on her days off. Excuse me, but those are your kids. Talk about irresponsibility.

I don't like the person she has become. She has lost weight. She seems drained, but yet somehow, "She is having more fun than she has ever had." Party, party, party.

What about her 4 kids?

It's beyond me how this criminal Psychiatrist can even operate in the USA? People like this need to be removed from society. They poison society.

Troy

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
*****WARNING*******WARNING********* WARNING******** WARNING********

The Videos in this Thread were created by a SCIENTOLOGY front group and are very bias in their presentation. Scientologists hate Psychiatry and even go so far as to blame it for the Holocaust. They talk about psychiatry's long-standing "master plan" for world domination. They blame psychiatry for the September 11 attacks and state that that psychiatrists caused the universe havoc billions of years ago. Scientologists hate Psychiatry as Psychiatrists have been instrumental in helping individuals who wish to leave the cult. CCHR Holds that mental illness of any kind does not exist, based on the teachings of the cult. Thus Epilepsy, Autism, Schizophrenia, Dyslexia, and many others do not exist according to CCHR. They claim mental disease is simply a confused "Body Thetan" or alien ghost living within you. CCHR has been found guilty of "very substantial" libel damages and the court also found that CCHR's claims were "highly defamatory" and "utterly false."

While some drugs are not good for you, and others are more about profit than cure, there are indeed numerous medication that are very helpful for a large number of people.

Please be aware of who is making these films and watch them with that clear Cult Bias in mind.

If you wish to learn more about the dangers of Scientology here is a good link: Why We Protest

If you wish to learn about members who have died at the hands of Scientologists look here: Why Are They Dead?

[edit on 11/2/09 by Terapin]

Nice catch, a star for you.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Please take the time to watch this video series. I just did. It helps further document what we have already suspected and known about this dirty, multi-billion dollar industry.

www.cchr.org...#/videos/making-a-killing-introduction

If these videos upset you, make you angry, or make you cry, congratulations, you are still human.

Troy

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I presented one of the biggest real conspiracies on the planet, and you two guys give me a thumbs down for exposing it. What's up with that?

You know what, fine. I'm not even going to argue with you. I know the truth, and I'll continue posting for those who are willing to listen. The truth is in those videos, and it's in my stories.

I've seen first hand what Psychiatry can do to tear down a person. My brothers wife is so skinny, so messed up, it's ridiculous.

You've heard of mind control, and all that. Well, look no further, here are the villains. I have pointed them out for you.

I don't care what your religious beliefs are, you need to take a stand for yourself, for your kids, your friends, your family, and your future. The Psychiatry/Big Pharma marriage is a multi-billion dollar criminal organization. That's a fact.

Troy

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Thanks terapin for warning me about these video's being part of the cult of Scientology.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join