It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl: 'Mom cooks me in the oven like a turkey'; Hamtramck woman arraigned

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is sick but doesn't suprise me in the least comming from Hamtramck. One of the most ethnicly diverse areas of Detroit. There are a lot of different cultures that reside within Hamtramck.

In the 2000 census, major ancestry groups reported by Hamtramck residents were as follows:

Polish 22.9%[5]
Black or African American 15.1%
Yugoslavian Bosnian 10.5%
Arab (Excluding Iraqi and Lebanese) 8.2%
Asian Indian 5.4%
Ukrainian 3.2%
German 2.9%
Albanian 2.8%
Bangladeshi 2.7%
Irish 2.2%
Italian 1.8%
Russian 1.4%
English 1.1%
French (except Basque) 0.8%
Lebanese 0.7%
Scottish 0.7%
Mexican 0.6%
Pakistani 0.6%
Macedonian 0.5%
Iraqi 0.5%
3.1% of Hamtramck's population reported Albanian ancestry. This made it the second most Albanian place in the United States by percentage of the population, second only to Fairview, North Carolina.[6]

Source: www.nationmaster.com...

This "mother" should be locked away for a good long time and never see her children again.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What so the mother put the kid in the oven then went to tell the neighbour? Sounds like mental illness, but at least she's told someone before anyone died.

How the hell do you fit a person in an oven anyway?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

i suppose you will say that this is an accident as well. Maybe it is not as we see it:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

HORRIFIC.

Oh, wait . . .

burning kiddies in the womb to death with saline solution without anesthetic is OK--government funded and protected even . . .

STABBING KIDDIES in the backs of their brains with sharp objects when all but their heads have been birthed is OK and government funded and protected even--of course without anesthetic . . .

Obviouisly this totally innocent mother was merely trying to dispose of some overgrown TISSUE, MINDLESS PROTOPLASM.

I'm surprised she hasn't gotten a grant to continue her Population Reduction efforts.

That UK so called 'ethicist' member of the Oligarchy, advocating parents being allowed to kill children at will up to age 8 will probably come to her defense any moment . . .

/sar

[edit on 6/2/2009 by BO XIAN]

[edit on 6/2/2009 by BO XIAN]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
do they have the mom on videotape putting her child in the oven then turning on the temperature for an extended period of time?

or do they have an adult corroborating the 4 year old child's claim?

What exactly are you implying here? That the 4 year old burned their own eyelids and cooked them self in an oven leaving sear marks on their back? Just to frame their mother?

Unbelievable.

Edit to add;

I am not for the death penalty. Nor do I want the mother tortured. But she either needs to be jailed, if she is mentally competent, or held in psychiatric care indefinitely if she isnt mentally competent. To insinuate that the child is lying, in my opinion, borders on insanity.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This woman clearly has big problems.

Putting her in jail will solve nothing.
Likewise those who do horrendous things from the effects of drugs should not be put in jail. It just is not the solution. These peole need help, not just lock them up and forget them.

Considering all the chemicals in our food I wonder why there are not more such cases -- maybe this is one of them.
Also how about the mix of the chemicals in our food with prescription meds?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Silly naive me (about drugs) - but can someone tell me why meth would cause a mother to do something like this?

Yhea like RFburns said drugs have different effects on different people. But Meth is definatly one of the ones that is most likely to mess with your head big style. As an example there was a bloke who got arrested and sent to jail for pulling out all his girlfriends teeth while they were both on meth... Thing is neither of them could remember a thing about it... On further investigation incontrovertible evidence came to light (not sure what, I think a film from a camera was devoloped and they had photographed the whole thing) any who turns out the woman actually took a pair of pliers to her own teeth and happily pulled out tooth after tooth like it was a fun normal thing to do.

Of course I wont condone any drug use in a post on this site... But seriously stay well clear of Meth that stuff must be crazy! And it is easy to imagine a mother doing that to a kid if she was on that stuff.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I agree meth is a horrible thing. As is coke, too much booze, etc.

However, this part at the end struck me.

www.freep.com...

At the family’s white bungalow Thursday, a license plate proclaiming “1 God” sat amidst the lace curtains in the front window. No one answered the door.

I want to be clear that I am NOT saying religion practiced by normal people makes you do these kinds of things.

But what I am saying is that there are some people who are mentally disturbed who are drawn to religion hoping to be cured of their demons, and who do not get adequate mental health care because they are hoping God will cure them.

(Like the woman who drowned her 5 children in the bathtub)

This woman may very well not be a druggie, but just someone who is really crazy, and does things the voices in her head tell her to do, and thinks it is God or the devil telling her to do them.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
How the hell do you fit a person in an oven anyway?

4 year old girls can be pretty small, I've put my niece in a card board box and wrote 'any where in the artic will do' on it when we were playing. That would of been about the size of a normal oven if you took the shelves out.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Come on dude, this has nothing to do with abortion, so why bring it up in this thread?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
come on guys all this talk of how this should be handled, isnt it obvious?

she should have her eye burned with a heated screwdriving then be put in a large oven to burn her skin the same way she burned her child then thrown in jail....

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Methamphetamine,
While a terrible drug - Will not solely bring about someone to do this,
At least not in my eyes.

There must be other factors,
I have had experience with the drug, Most of the effects are self-serving, sexual and creative. Rather than abusive and torturous, The come down is very self-loathing.

I don't see how self-loath alone could bring someone to do this,
When you are withdrawing from such drugs - Things such as family, your loved ones, Your girlfriend or boyfriend, are very much important because without them and their love your life is completely empty.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

I have a different perspective.

I think it's smack in the middle of the similar sorts of things that go with various forms of infanticide.

BURNING with saline in the womb--without anesthetic--is not the unborn baby's favorite recreation!

The burning hurts whether it's with an oven or saline solution or whatever other burning agent. It hurts horrifically. It is cruel horrifically.

Stabbing late term babies in the back of their brains with sharp objects without anesthetic until death occurs is not fun for the babies any more than burning eyelids with hot nails or screwdrivers is fun for 4 year olds.

BOTH ARE DEMONSTRATIONS OF THE CHEAPNESS OF HUMAN LIFE AND THE CULTURE OF DEATH PERVADING OUR ERA.

BOTH are part and parcel of the same mentality, sickness, demonization.

You may fail to see a connection. I see wholesale conections right and left.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You cant make any relevant comment about the actual OP, or the situation?

You have to use this thread for a rant about abortion? One of the things I have always suspected is that the love of some "pro-lifers" for children never goes beyond the womb. Once they are born, just forget about them. If they grow up into adults who commit a crime, fry em in the electric chair. I dont hear you showing any concern for this little girl at all. In fact, to you she doesnt seem to matter one bit. She is just an opportunity for you to go on about abortion.

Ok. We get it. You are obsessed with fetuses. Anything to say about the actual abuse case we are discussing here? Or once a child is born are they irrelevant to you?

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
How is this different than spankings? As long as the little girl didn't die, isn't it just punishment?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I am terribly disturbed by this story. I hope that woman, mentally ill or not, #ing burns in hell for this.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
What makes me sick about stuff like this is folks who think everything can only be proven by some video. Ignore the burn marks on the girl, ignore her testimony, ignore the doctor's medical expert report, ignore all the other evidence. All that is needed is a video.

That's right, there is no need for any video.

It will be a judge or jury which decides if she intentionally did this, based from a variety of evidence gathered from a serious investigation.

If she did as stated, I'm sure it will be easy to prove.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The burns will heal, but she'll never forget why she was put in the oven, and she'll probably never do it again. Isn't that why we send people to jail?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

WRONG.

I've spent my adult life counseling folks to improve the quality of their lives and prevent child abuse of every kind.

You are wholesale WRONG about me.

You are just as wrong about all the other ProLife folks I know.

These children suffered likely at the hands of a drugged out demonized parent who was likely herself abused.

Ranting at the mother is understandable but myopic.

The Mother didn't just spring out of a wonderful family life background; marry, have kids and suddenly on a Monday morning think oddly to herself

"I'm bored, I think today I'll bake one of my kids and burn the other's eyelids because it sounds like a fun thing to do."

THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN like that nor from a healthy family background.

Actually, in my experience, it doesn't happen without demonization.

Yet, we have a culture that pretends that such things do not exist.

We have a culture that glorifies, sanctions, funds, defends such horrors daily all around the world.

And when someone like me dares to point out such horrific consistencies in our culture--

I'M THE WRONG ONE!

SHEESH.

Simplistic comments that I've read hereon are not solutions.

Pretending that the culture of death foisted on our era by the Oligarchy is not pervading our culture and our planet

IS NOT A SOLUTION.

SUCH A PRETENSE IS NOT EVEN REALITY.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellish-D

It's not more wrong than brutal abusive spanking except in degree and degree of horror.

Nonabusive, nonbruising swats on a child's rear with a hand to get their attention are not abusive.

And may well spare the child serious harm from the child's on wayward ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join