It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Lifeforms in the Galaxy are Quantified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The BBC today reports that research in Edinburgh indicates there are probably around 360 intelligent civilisations in the Milky Way galaxy.

Quote:
"The discovery of more than 330 planets outside our solar system in recent years has helped refine the number of life forms that are likely to exist.

The current research estimates that there are at least 361 intelligent civilisations in our Galaxy and possibly as many as 38,000.

The work is reported in the International Journal of Astrobiology."

Anybody trying to solve the Drake Equation take note.

Full story here: - Number of Alien Worlds Quantified

WG3

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
theres a thread about this already, still on the recent posts page.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
OK, sorry to repeat a thread. BBC only reported this today (5 February).
(Australia is 12 hours ahead of me)

WG3

[edit on 5-2-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Then please post the thread's link here.

reply to post by waveguide3

Interesting that a British media outlet is now reporting this little tidbit of information.

Combine this with the UK MoD releasing their UFO files, and the recent incident involving an elementary school in England apparently experimenting with the student's minds through faking a crash of an alien craft.. and you got yourself a conspiracy of some sort.

I'm not one of those who is particularly optimistic of a disclosure occurring.. but this sure smells funny to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
reply to post by Winsor

Then please post the thread's link here.

reply to post by waveguide3

Interesting that a British media outlet is now reporting this little tidbit of information.

Combine this with the UK MoD releasing their UFO files, and the recent incident involving an elementary school in England apparently experimenting with the student's minds through faking a crash of an alien craft.. and you got yourself a conspiracy of some sort.

I'm not one of those who is particularly optimistic of a disclosure occurring.. but this sure smells funny to me.

Very interesting indeed, I have sifted through UK media pages online today and there appears to be much more information coming out about our galactic neighbours, I wonder why they choose now?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
If there is evidently a disclosure occurring, then I think the UK are the at the helm of steering the boat.

France and Belgium among other countries have been very open about the more than likely probability that visitors have long been engaging us, and this has been kept secret for far too long.

Obviously, TPTB wouldn't want to risk losing any power now would they?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

If there is evidently a disclosure occurring, then I think the UK are the at the helm of steering the boat.

France and Belgium among other countries have been very open about the more than likely probability that visitors have long been engaging us, and this has been kept secret for far too long.

Obviously, TPTB wouldn't want to risk losing any power now would they?

It will have to be the UK now because the USA won’t because as a recent thread I posted indicated the USA UFO files are locked in Trade Secrets

If you missed my post check it out

Real X-Files hidden in trade secrets

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo

Yes, I remember that thread, corporations are the ones in possession of ultra classified files that we need. In fact;

I already posted there dude

[edit on 5/2/09 by Majorion]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo

Yes, I remember that thread, corporations are the ones in possession of ultra classified files that we need. In fact;

I already posted there dude

[edit on 5/2/09 by Majorion]

Majorion, Great stuff

I wasn’t trying to get posts I’m more interested for as many people to know that fact. There are many members talking disclosure without knowing
Anyhow I’m sure you will pass it on
MJ2

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
200 to 400 billion stars and there may only 300 to 30,000 civilizations out there. Those figures are a bit depressing. How ever could we find each other?

new topics

top topics

join