It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Judges sent to Jail - for sending Kids to Jail for Kickbacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Two judges are going to jail, it seems they liked to send kids to jail for $2.6 million of kickbacks from Juvenile Dentention Centers. Kids even for simple offenses were sent to jail, even were made to waive their rights for an attorney when caught for simple mischief.

The judges also helped secure the detention centers $58 million contracts with the state.

Link to article:
www.philly.com...

First, the judges helped the detention centers land a county contract worth $58 million. Then their alleged scheme was to guarantee the operators a steady income by detaining juveniles, often on petty stuff.

Many of the kids were railroaded, according to allegations lodged with the state Supreme Court last year by the Philadelphia-based Juvenile Law Center, an advocacy group.

In asking the court to intervene in April, the law center cited hundreds of examples where teens accused of minor mischief were pressured to waive their right to lawyers, and then shipped to a detention center.

One teen was given a 90-day sentence for having parodied a school administrator online. Such unwarranted detentions left "both children and parents feeling bewildered, violated and traumatized," center lawyers said.

How could they do that......they played with children's lives! Going to a detention center over something that was literally "child's play" is completely and totally outrageous! How could the prosecuters allow those sentences, or why did they even bring them to the judge?

That is totally Wrong! Since I am a parent, I can not imagine, my child getting in trouble over something really dumb, but not criminal, and her being sent to a detention center.

The article does not say, how long the situation had been going on, there.

I have a feeling though... what will be going to the courts VERY SOON"

One word......................LAWSUIT!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well I tell you something, I was about to say,
"Hey people see here it is your perfect system you didn't make or ask for, being exposed for its corruption".
Until I saw the source.
Is this source credible I have never see many articles from the philly inquirer?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This shows the power of greed and money.

Nothing is is prized more in the United States of America then a man who is rich, greedy and successfull.

He could be a murderer, hip hop coke dealer, etc but cash is king in America.

Like Bob Dylan said..."Ya might be a preacher preacher spiritual pride, ya might be a city council man taken bribes on the side...ya might be rich or poor ya might be blind or deaf, ya might be sleepen on the floor or sleepen in a king sized bed BUT ya still gotta Serve somebody....it may be the devil or it may be the lord but ya still have to serve somebody"

I guess the judges are serven somebody.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Do you really think, it may not be real?

They put the names of the judges in the article....

The judges, Luzerne County President Judge Mark A. Ciavarella Jr., 58, and his predecessor, Senior Judge Michael T. Conahan, 56, will serve seven years in jail under a plea agreement

Sorry, but it is real, there is no way they could put names in, if it was not real.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Only 7 years? They should be made to serve the sum of every illegal or unwarranted sentencing they ever imposed. 700 years is more likely! How do you attach such a low price to the destruction or ruin of so many lives?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I am absolutely furious. Sending those **nts to jail is not good enough, what about the people who gave the kickbacks and what restitutions are to be given to the kids?

Throwing a kid into prison for pranks is madness.

[edit on 122828p://pm2819 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I agree, the children are impacted for the rest of their lives, besides what went on in the detention centers.

One thing - they do not cover in the article...... what about the prosecuters.... why did they send so many to the judges?

Also an online parody of a school offical, got a kid into a detention center?
That right there, a prosecuter or someone should have stood up and said, that is NOT criminal.

What other "crimes" did kids go to Juvenile for up there?

They need to send those judges to jail forever, for what they did!

Hard time too..... not some fluffy Fed jail, where they can still do as they please basically.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at this as our whole legal system is built on profiteering. That's why we have a War on Drugs. The prison industry paid our congressgangsters to mandate draconian sentences for mere illegal drug possession.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I dont get how people just assume judges or cops or politicians or lawyer or doctors or anybody is any less prone to corruption than anybody else.

Judges will toss the innocent in prison, politicians will take everything you have and give it to somebody else, cops will shoot in the face on a whim, doctors will poison you for a buck.

Here's a good one from CT:

A Connecticut judge charged with drunken driving was taped in an epithet-laced rage during her arrest and authorities have refused a newspaper’s public records request of the official police video recording.

During the arrest, Judge Cofield, who is black, used demeaning racial epithets towards the arresting officer and warned that she was a state judge. She is also captured on the police video calling a state police sergeant named Dwight Washington “Negro Washington.”

When the cops asked her if something was wrong, if she was sick, she said she had "Negritis"

www.judicialwatch.org...

www.courant.com...

Then she hands the phone to Washington, who talks to her husband about getting the car off the highway. Washington asks, "Do you guys have Triple-A?"

Hearing that, Cofield interjects: "Oh, no. We don't. We're ghetto Negroes. We don't have Triple-A."

Asked if she was ill, Cofield replied, "I'm sick of being treated like a freaking Negro from the 'hood," and added: "Write it down, write it. Did you hear what I just said?"

Asked what her illness was, Cofield said: "Negro-itis."

"Do you need to take any medication now?" Washington asked.

"Yeah, I need to take anti-Negro, ummm ..."

The judge is a black woman who is apparently tired of the "ghetto" segment of her race as I am tired of the "trailer-trash" segment of mine but I am not in a position where my biases or preconceived notions will actually destroy the lives of others.

Judges are.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
glad some finally got caught.. as this has been the norm for quite a long time.. i know of many people ( myself included) whos lives had been ruined due to this dispicable practice.. most of the time it becomes a life long battle due to the records they keep. and not to mention the phycologocal and emotional damage. no matter if that record has been proven to be false.. i wish more people would come forward about this.. its not as difficult to prove than u might think

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Those judges can and should be sued in Civil court, by the parent of the children.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I dont get how people just assume judges or cops or politicians or lawyer or doctors or anybody is any less prone to corruption than anybody else.

But those groups you named are in a position of trust and should be held to a higher standard. Instead we do just the opposite.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
OUr sad and bought out judicial system needs to be screened, seriously, and investigated by non profitable audit orginaztions.,, this is truely an outrage...
In ine sense, 7 years, yeah not really a long time, however...myabe they will be amongst those they sentenced
haha then they can have a taste of what goes on behind the prison walls.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In this time of madness - one thing is becoming quite clear.
The truth will not be silenced.

edit - because I can't seem to spell today.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Yes - I did a little digging and the story appears to be true. Below is a link to a PDF of a press release from the PA Court that states they removed the two judges from office.

PA Courts Press Release - PDF

Here is a story regarding a child who came before one of the judges in '06.

Youth Punishment Doesn't Fit the Crime

I agree they should look at the role of prosocuters in this mess. In addtion, the story at the link above calls into question the case workers as well. It seems case workers not only went along with it - but declined to include important details on the behalf of the child. For example, in the case I linked the child was sexually assualted prior to a rock throwing incident that landed her in jail. The case workers did not include anything about the assualt despite the parents pleas.

Now that they have gotten the judges I do not see how they can ingore the prosecutors and case works that were involved in these cases. I would think their actions would warrent an investigation.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Do you really think this is an isolated case?
I am sure wherever there are privatized jails there in a financial incentive to keep them filled. We will probably see more of this in the future.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
When I was still investigating montana's Department of Corrections and The court's this was going on up there too. I dont know to what extent it was taking place up there but this story does not suprise me. Most of the U.S. prisoner's were being expirmented upon by the state and outside agencies under the "guise" prisoners dont have right's.

People wanted to know where the human expirmentation was going on in the U.S. you only need to look as far as your local prison or local jail and you will more then likely find more then your bargining for.

Careful though I got alot of people after me after investigating these kinds of things gov doesnt like having there hand's caught in the cookie jar both with citizens rights and using there citizens at the same time athough this story only talks about juvinals the police do it too.

A good example is a local FBI agent or Police officer will go up to a minor and have them commit a known crime like spying or robbing or doing dirty work the fbi or local police dont want to do them selves, then the FBI or police will come in and bust the juvi they had working for them.

This takes place with the adult prisoners as well its not just a isolated case. Nor its is any concidence that the judge had the same sceme planned for the people at the prison he planned to make money on the side. When I was still living in butte montana the local country club each week would sit down corrupt proscuters and lawyers for both sides and those not getting paid to lose cases would decide who was going to win and who was going to lose there cases.

If you investigate this fully you will find not just the DOC and FBI getting kick backs you will find also DOJ and the highest level's of government involved in this all across the united states and around the world. But take it from me if you do this you do not investigate this alone there is alot of people making money of this to bust one area doing it is one thing to bring down the bigger picture is something else.

Thats my 2 cents for now

Falcon.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

One word......................LAWSUIT!

I'd say its been going on for years and other judges are doing it also.

As for lawsuit... One word........... RIDICULOUS!

Nothing will happen as the lawyers are in with the judges and is another judge actually going to do something about it? He may make an example of this judge by slapping his bottom but that's about it. Some type of investigation will go on and they'll conclude nothing. Happened in a number of instances. The 911 commission is a good example.

These judges are probably all part of the same "social" club(read mason), and favors are expected.

IMHO of course
Rgds
S&F

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here's a case of a Mr Fine, jailed by corrupt judges in LA

www.dailynews.com...

Question: What is the best way to put a judge in office?

are appointed judges worse than political ones?

not all judges are lawyers, there was a woman in Florida who was not one.

How many judges came up through DA's office?

top topics

join