It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teleportation Is Real – But Don't Try It at Home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
but suppose you entered into the machine and a fly got in there too. Then when they opened the door, you and the fly had merged into one?

Oh wait, that was Jeff Goldblum. Nevermind.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

As far as I can surmise from the article, teleportation can be done in two ways. Firstly, a person can step into a booth and be obliterated with the data recorded to produce a duplicate elsewhere. I say obliterated because not to destroy the original would mean that a teleportation has not been invented but a new fangled photocopier. Anyway disassembling the original is a way to collect data.

The second possibility is that an individual steps into a booth and reduced to subatomic particles and somehow having these particles transferred to another site. This is the quantum aspect of the hypothesis, that a particle can be in two or more places at once and the task would be the ability to control where you want the particles permanently present.

In both cases, the traveller will in fact be killed and the data used to reconstitute the individual with new elements or with the original and transferred particles.

Here is the key in the article;

For scientists, it's just very, very complex, so much so that at this point, teleportation is not a matter of moving matter but one of transporting information.

This teleportation concept has little to do with folding space. It is about handling massive data. It is a technology for a fancy photocopier.

[edit on 092828p://am2833 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My idea, if they do perfect this and make it public. Also for legal purposes I am posting this as this is my idea dated this day February 5, in the year 2009. All violations of using the mentioned idea in this post or utilizing said idea is applicable to legal penalties and shall be pursued to the full extent of the law.
Wouldn't it be cool to basically create and store a digital copy of yourself! Let's say you're 28 years old and in perfect health and the best shape. Go get and store a digital copy of yourself. Later on, as your body ages or breaks down get your digital copy, go to the teleportation device, teleport but replace the output with your stored digitized 28 year old body!

However, how would we go about updating the memory and information stored in your brain since the digitized copy was made???? I would want full knowledge of events and learning since the copy was stored.

You could also use this to create replacement body parts for use of organ transplants. If your heart begins to fail later in life and you have a 28 year old version of your heart, you would not have to worry about the heart "rejecting" due to host incompatibility.

I be a rich man if this comes to pass and someone tries to start a business this without me.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Daggamit. I was thinking along similar lines but you got the drop on me.

How about this for an idea; You are 100 years old and all that stemcell technology and what naught does no work any more so you need a full body transplant. What are you going to choose? Your 28 year old self? Maybe this technology has changed people's conceptions and you might like to check out a life time as a horse but with you intellect intact? How about an eagle for a few years before jumping bodies again. Even kinky stuff like jumping into a playboy bunny's body and being entirely self sufficient as a red blooded heterosexual mind. You might even partake in a spot of lesbian rights campaigning and enjoy the comforts of sisterhood solidarity.

[edit on 102828p://am2826 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Kirk to spock
OK SPOCK
Now would be a good time. I said now god damn it

Forget it.. I'll use the turbo shat..(captns quarters please, Budwieser..earl grey, cold)

Peace

Kirky

[edit on 5-2-2009 by kirky]

PS< anyone rem Shatner in that airplane 2 film...lmao..strike a chord what not...

[edit on 5-2-2009 by kirky]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kirky

I am a big fan of Shatner. I just can get over his pregnant pauses. I saw him last Friday on Jonathan Ross show on the BBC. I even have his stylings of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Common People. What a singer!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join