It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The kids are not all equal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ok, Im not one to tell the teachers how or what to teach. Im not a difficult parent or one who likes to name his kids "Adolph Hitler". I attend conferences and I am involved as much as I can.

However, I have noticed some really, REALLY disturbing things that my 5th grader is being taught.

I noticed it a long time ago. When he was in 1st grade with all the antismoking crap they shoved at them. When they should be learning ABC and 123, they are learning about lung cancer and how anyone who smokes is going to die. All while they eat proccessed pizza and tater tots for lunch. Cant have it both ways. All is bad, or none is bad.

I let it go for the time, as smoking is bad and all. But I soon realized that it was part of a much bigger picture. Public schools brainwash the kids. They really arent that much different than radical muslim schools. They know that if they warp the kids brains young enough that it will just seem normal to the kids.

One of my problems comes from the new mentality that he has that says "all of us are the same". No we are not. The city of Gary can no longer afford to educate their own as the coffers are empty due to welfare and mass spending. So they are sending their kids to my kids school over here. My son is being taught that he is the same as the new kid next to him who has been suspended twice for fighting and general disruptions.

They have also taught him that if a "bully" picks on him or hits him that he should turn around and walk away. Well guess what? Not in this house. I told him that if he is hit first, hit back harder. I also told him that he should never hit first but he does have a right to defend himself.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED?? WHY ARE WE TRYING TO RAISE WIMPS?????

My son is not equal to some foul mouth kid from the ghetto. He is better than that. Oh, but we have to "tolerate" it. Why? Where is the responsibility anymore? My kid has to lower his expectations because it isnt fair to the trouble makers? Bull****.

He is forced to loan this kid paper and pens. He is forced to put up with him calling him names like "cracker" and garbage like that. Hmmm, wonder what would happen if he decided to drop the "N" bomb on him? Oh wait, he would be severly disciplined and held to a different standard than poor little Antwon is.

First of all, the kids have no business in these schools. They dont live here, they dont pay the taxes and dont live inside the community. So why ship them here? If mommie and daddy (whoever that may be) actually cared perhaps they could stop living off the system and their kids could be properly educated in their OWN community.

Well, I told the kid that he has every right to defend himself and if that kid so much as raises a finger in his direction he has my blessing to knock him on his rear. Suspended or not, he wont be punished here.

Also to note, I did tell him to talk to his teacher and explain what is going on. Her response? "Sharing is good! Antwon doesnt have money like you do!" What??? I have money? No... I dont. I can barely afford the one I have, I have to supplement Antwons education as well? I dont think so. And as far as "cracker" goes? She told him not to call each other names. So again, if Cody drops the "N" bomb, will he be told the same? Arent they all "equal". Oh wait. No he isnt. And whats with "sop calling each other names? My kid didnt call him a name. He denied him something that little Antwon though he was entitled to.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by spliff4020]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I found it very sad to read this rant. So a kid from the ghetto is not as good as your kid? Just because he was born in the ghetto?!

I am disgusted that a grown up can say something like that about a child. But at least your child learns other values at school than those he will obviously be burdened by at home.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
*applause*

Wonderful point. I agree wholeheartedly with the "hit back" part, because when I was very young I was quite a pacifist and all it got me was pain. When I started hitting back however, I was left alone.

You should bring this up at a PTA meeting or whatever parents do to suggest things.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
I found it very sad to read this rant. So a kid from the ghetto is not as good as your kid? Just because he was born in the ghetto?!

I am disgusted that a grown up can say something like that about a child. But at least your child learns other values at school than those he will obviously be burdened by at home.

No, and its that mentality that sickens me. My kid is better than the foul-mouth, ill prepared, trouble making racist kid. Yes... he is better than that and should not be taught otherwise. He should only be taught reading, writing, math and the such.

You sound no different than his teacher who expects Cody to rise above the situation while at the same time telling him that they are "equal". No they are not. Kids like him are akin to refugees and should be happy to be here, not demeaning and demanding of things as if they are "owed" something. Its hypocrisy and it sickens me.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I hope you are teaching your child self-defense skills. If the school is getting rough, the harrassment could change to physical abuse in a few years time, and not just be limited to saying "cracker".

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I hope you are teaching your child self-defense skills. If the school is getting rough, the harrassment could change to physical abuse in a few years time, and not just be limited to saying "cracker".

He's a tough kid. He has taken karate and knows about the whole "time and place" thing. He has never started a fight and is actually quite popular. Problems like this never arouse until they started bussing into his school.

And to head off any problems, there were already black kids in there. One of his best friends is black. I wasnt even concerned until he came home and asked my the black kid calls him "cracker". He said he asked his black friend and he said it was a stupid name that black people call white people.

I dont have a problem with black, white, mexican or whatever. I have problems with double standards. I have problems when my kid is told to put up with it (and to "loan" Antwon basic school supplies), when I know damn good and well that if the shoe was on the other foot and Cody dropped the "N" bomb, even it was retalliation, he would probably make the evening news because of it.

Equal..... Ya, my left foot on rye bread with mayonaise, equal...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
they don't teach you how to be a man in school. that has to be learned at home or one has to teach himself.

don't get too angry about what has happened just keep teaching your kid and he will listen to you over others

[edit on 1-2-2009 by jpm06002]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If you hid a small transmitter for audio/video on your son with a remote recording location for a day or two, you may have proof to approach the distric, principal, teacher with your complaint.

A bully is a bully whether from a ghetto, gated community or transylvania.

But I would not play a race card or mak threats until you have backup.

If you want to take a different approach, find his address and talk to his parent(s), guardian, other...

Sheesh dawg, calm down and cover you and you son's butt with some media to present the school authorities.

If I had a dollar for every time I was called a cracker....
I'd have enough for a movie anyways...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Its not the name calling or anything like that. I havent even called the teacher. Im not going to make federal case out of it. My main beef lies in the fact that he is told to tolerate it.

Well, lets see...

We cant tolerate Christmas anymore
We cant tolerate "God" in the pledge anymore
We cant tolerate a couple of kids scrapping it out on the playground

I'm tired of being forced to bend my principles over and over to appease a tiny, minute faction of so-called "offended people", yet when the shoe is on the other foot he is told to suck it up and take it like a man.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
don't blame the kid from the ghetto, he probably doesn't want to be at school. He should go do something else. it is government that is the true enemy of all of us. don't scapegoat poor people or non-illuminati, the government/nwo(illuminati) are the true enemy. you should homeschool.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I can relate to your sense of frustration and agree with you in many ways. I am highly opposed to bussing - my first experience with it was when I was in Junior High School. I was in advanced/gifted classes but for things like Spanish and Science everyone was mixed togehter. The blacks and mexicans that were bussed in used intimidation tactics to cheat off of other students and copy their homework. I remember one situation where a Mexican girl threatened to beat me up afterschool if I didn't let her cheat off of my Spanish test! She spoke Spanish to her friends all the time so I don't know why she would need to cheat in a beginning Spanish class but it was a horrible experience.

The elementary school that my children attend is public but it is a charter school and admission is based on the lottery system. There is no bussing in of children and it's mandatory for parents to volunteer. The atmosphere is academically enriching and very safe. My oldest daughter will start middle school in the fall and I am very concerned about the transition. Last week I was a chaperone on her 4 day outdoor education field trip and there were students from another school in our area there who will be attending the same middle school as my daughter. The children from the other school clearly were not raised with the same values and morals that my children and their friends have. I was blown away by the foul language, inappropriate behavior and overall disregard for other people and property that these children showed. Knowing that my daughter will be attending middle school with these people makes me uneasy. My daughter is incredibly vocal and stands up for herself and her beliefs so I know she won't get pushed around but I do worry that in standing up for herself she may end up in trouble.

Jemison

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Now that you have clarified the original post, I wholeheartedly agree with you. There should not be any double standard in the schools (especially while they preach "you are all equal").

It seems our education system wants to have it both ways. The children are equal enough that their performance is based on a standardized test, while at the same time different behavior is tolerated from student to student and teacher to teacher. In your case, your son is taught that he is no better or worse than the new kid, yet he is encouraged to share because he has more money. Unless the new kid has something to share with your son, there is no equality in that.

What irks me is the mentallity that suggest our children must be educated at the lowest common denominator, so that children that are "equal" to ours, (yet don't study, earn extra credit, pay attention instead of goofing off, etc.) don't get left behind. We are mass producing high school graduates that will be prepared for the world only to the limit that the slowest learner is prepared. I feel the real world idiocracy closing in on us.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Government halls of indoctrination.
Though I can't agree with all of your post-----some is a bit hurtful, but I understand.
This tendency to force mediocrity in the public school system, as well as the forced "Homeland Security Youth Patrol and Spy Network" krapola has got to end. Same with the " It's alright to try any sexual idea" indoctrination starting in earliest primary school, and even earlier in some states.

When you raise a generation of people who get punished for excelling in anything, for being better at anything than the lowest common denominator, you have a generation of adults who strive for nothing, can't make a decision, and fear to be a leader of people, military, companies, countries.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
Though I can't agree with all of your post-----some is a bit hurtful, but I understand.
This tendency to force mediocrity in the public school system, as well as the forced "Homeland Security Youth Patrol and Spy Network" krapola has got to end. Same with the " It's alright to try any sexual idea" indoctrination starting in earliest primary school, and even earlier in some states.

When you raise a generation of people who get punished for excelling in anything, for being better at anything than the lowest common denominator, you have a generation of adults who strive for nothing, can't make a decision, and fear to be a leader of people, military, companies, countries.

Well, its like his little league adventure last year. He decided he wanted to play baseball, not realizing the work that goes into it. Not realizing that losing a game meant running the bases afterwards. Alls he wanted was the trophy.

Well, his team came in last place (they really did suck too. it was sad), but last place and guess what? He got a trophy.

How are you supposed to build self-esteem when everyone wins? There are winners and losers. To the victor goes the spoils. Does real life work that way? No. So what, exactly are we setting him up for, ya know?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

i REMEMBER TRYING OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME AS A KID.

It was pee wee league and a draft.

My bro, 15 months my senior, was picked 2nd round.
When all was said and done, I was like the only kid not drafted.

I was told "Come bakc next year"

Well, for the next year, boy, did I practice...

At the following year tryouts,

I was picked first round as Pitcher, and i had a wicked curve even back then.
We tied for 1st at seasons end.

The first year, I dodn't get a trophy, All I got was to go home, defeated.

Losing sucks.
Winning is everything.

The "There are no losers" adgenda in public schools is bound to create insecure whimps.

I say it is blastphemous

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
totally agree dude it's like you read my mind OP.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Its not the name calling or anything like that. I havent even called the teacher. Im not going to make federal case out of it. My main beef lies in the fact that he is told to tolerate it.

Well, lets see...

I'm tired of being forced to bend my principles over and over to appease a tiny, minute faction of so-called "offended people", yet when the shoe is on the other foot he is told to suck it up and take it like a man.

1. Please don't tell me you're the kind that gets bent out of shape over "Happy Holidays." There is no "War on Christmas" like the blowhards love to say.

2. I won't go into how it was added during the Red Scare, but it's still there isn't it?

3. When was that ever tolerated in schools? Even when I went to Elementary School if two kids went at it on the playground they usually got suspended.

These "Indoctrination Programs" at schools are complete BS. Almost every kid could careless and is just happy to get out of class for awhile.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Well, its like his little league adventure last year. He decided he wanted to play baseball, not realizing the work that goes into it. Not realizing that losing a game meant running the bases afterwards. Alls he wanted was the trophy.

Well, his team came in last place (they really did suck too. it was sad), but last place and guess what? He got a trophy.

How are you supposed to build self-esteem when everyone wins? There are winners and losers. To the victor goes the spoils. Does real life work that way? No. So what, exactly are we setting him up for, ya know?

I thought little league was just supposed to be about having fun. So what if they sucked, as long as they had fun as kids then why is it so bad?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

Well, lets see...

1. Please don't tell me you're the kind that gets bent out of shape over "Happy Holidays." There is no "War on Christmas" like the blowhards love to say.

2. I won't go into how it was added during the Red Scare, but it's still there isn't it?

3. When was that ever tolerated in schools? Even when I went to Elementary School if two kids went at it on the playground they usually got suspended.

These "Indoctrination Programs" at schools are complete BS. Almost every kid could careless and is just happy to get out of class for awhile.

Um ya, there is a war on christmas. Go to the stores, everything is "happy holidays!", same at the school. Not a word about "christmas", for it may offend the 2 jews or the ONE athetheist. Its not my point though, but yes. There is a war on anything christian. The same school that wont allow that, does offer a prayer for any (non-existant) muslims.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

I thought little league was just supposed to be about having fun. So what if they sucked, as long as they had fun as kids then why is it so bad?

I dont care if they lost (and believe me, they lost about every game,lol). You're right. Have fun. But how exactly did they earn a trophy? By showing up? And what about the team that was the best? Why should their victory be relegated to nothing. 1st place, last place, its ok kids... we all had fun, right? BS....

I want my kid to know the sting of defeat so he can savor the taste of victory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join