It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annan: World faces 'crisis of governance'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Annan: World faces

www.cnn.com

"The current architecture of managing global affairs is broken and needs to be fixed," Annan said on the opening morning of the five-day annual meeting of global political and business leaders. "We have major new players coming on the scene and they need to be integrated and given a voice."

Referring to the U.N. Security Council, which gives permanent places and vetoing powers to the U.S., the UK, Russia, China and France, Annan said: "We cannot continue to run the world based on countries that won a war 60 years ago. It's either destructive competition or cooperation. We live in an interdependent world and the only way to move forward is to cooperate."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The Chinese and Russian premiers obliquely criticized the U.S. for the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, citing the blinding drive for profit in the opening session of the World Economic Forum in Switzerland on Wednesday. (Jan. 28)

Ok So I guess the world needs a bad guy to pin this on and the US is it again.

I say if they can fix the problem on their own then by all means they should do so.

If not they need to stop with all the finger pointing and get on board and start working on the solution.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A more assertive Russia, a Europe still in search of a common voice, a rising Asia and an unrelenting global financial crisis are just a few factors rapidly reshaping the geopolitical landscape
maybe without the US?

Great little follow up video
enjoy

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here is a much more in depth video Everybody should watch this NWO anybody?

Leaders from around the world discuss the importance of confronting challenges and collaborating to mitigate new, emerging political fault lines facing the world today. Igor Chudinov, Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani, Prime Minister of Pakistan Valdis Zatlers, President of Latvia Opening Address by Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Prime Minister of Turkey Chaired by Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum «www.weforum.org... 30.10.2008 Europe & Central Asia World Economic Forum Leadership in a Changing Political Landscape A more assertive Russia, a Europe still in search o... all »all

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ok So I guess the world needs a bad guy to pin this on and the US is it again.

Obama is fighting an uphill battle if he really believes he is going to make the world like us more. As soon as we appease them in one area they will turn their head to another thing they don't like about us. It is a never ending story.

Annan and the UN are a big joke.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Annan and the UN are a big joke.

Why do I get the feeling that the US has been used.
Second line here

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
And we need global governance I suppose? Global government to solve problems? A new world order?

The worldwide economic recession has exposed a "crisis of global governance" that can only be addressed by the radical reform of the United Nations

Yeah. More power to it...

We live in an interdependent world and the only way to move forward is to cooperate."

Yeah in a new world order.

"We must treat this crisis, whether it lasts for a year or five years, as an opportunity to set goals for how we want to come out of it. This is a time to shape the policies to help to solve some of those problems."

Again, new world order.

But he said the major banks could contribute to solving the crisis as well: "I do not believe for a moment that you can have a successful economy without successful and properly functioning international capital markets."

Hahahaha. The banks who created the whole thing will help us get out of it... yeah for free I suppose?

"If we are really able to address these mega-challenges of the future then we would be able to restore the trust in leadership -- and I believe the world needs leadership."

Yeah, world leadership? A world government?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is just the beginning. Obama little song and dance will do nothing to change the course of the United States of America. The US won't be here in 10 years, heck, will be lucky if we're here in two.

This self effacing nonsense that we've come into in the last decade has destroyed a once powerful nation. Screw political correctness and all it's ugly sisters!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's just another example of how the NWO economies are all tied in together and if The US sneezes everybody else catches a cold.

But not more than a few years ago this was supposedly no longer going to be the case with China and India and Russia growing by leaps and bounds just like Japan grew in the 70s and 80s and all the little Dragons in the 90s
pffft.

This gets lame after a while first everybody says the US is a failing crumbling Empire then they say the US is losing it's role of global leader but when the world’s economies goes down the tubes it's the US's fault
And when they need American troops oh well all is forgotten

The US and the West did not get to this position dominance by bowing down to 3rd world pressure or opinion of whom and what we are and what we should do next.
Oh well back to the drawing board aye?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I just posted another thread thats related to these issues here
World Economy May Lose 51 Million Jobs: U.N. Agency

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Another related thread I've posted if you're still not convinced.
The Great Depression of the 21st Century

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It's funny how nobody seems yo care about how this NWO will come about and nobody is paying any attention

My father once told me that there are three types of people in the world.

1. Those people who make things happen. 5%

2. Those people who watch things happen. 10%

3. Those sheople who say What happened? 85%

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
France braces for mass walk-out

Three-quarters of French people and all the main trade unions are backing what the press are calling "Black Thursday". Air France flights will be cancelled and train services will be disrupted. The protesters are demonstrating against the worsening economic climate in France and at what they believe to be the government's poor handling of the crisis.

This is just the tip of the iceberg

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And we need global governance I suppose? Global government to solve problems? A new world order?

But he said the major banks could contribute to solving the crisis as well: "I do not believe for a moment that you can have a successful economy without successful and properly functioning international capital markets."

Hahahaha. The banks who created the whole thing will help us get out of it... yeah for free I suppose?

"If we are really able to address these mega-challenges of the future then we would be able to restore the trust in leadership -- and I believe the world needs leadership."

Yeah, world leadership? A world government?

Good points who is calling the shots there?
And how exactly are they going to try and pull this off?
How do you do one without damaging another somebody is going to have to bite the bullet and something tell me it wont be the bankers or the Elite.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Do I sense American NATIONALISM in this thread?

You dont get it guys, its not about nations anymore. Its about the New World Order and everyone is in on it!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah Annan. What we really need is to give more power to countries that kill their women for make-up and governments that want to enslave their own populations, or governments that pursue agendas to starve their populations.

Yep. That'll be a step forward in for the global population.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh my goodness, does it ever!!!! The first thing we need to do is cut the top off the pyramid and slam dunk it into the void forever. That means all 13 bloodlines and their descendants, and anyone connected to them gone, disempowered, bank accounts frozen and investigated for massive criminal activities, and all secret programs and documents revealed! YES! Thats what we're talking about.

Then, proportional democracies, and only voting for ordinary citizens with information, stats and true data given to everyone and taught from kindergarden up!

Anything else is a joke.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Is national sovereignty REALLY the problem? Or is it the unwillingness or incompetence of world leaders who refuse to change their behavior to allow for it?

The UN and most other "Global" organizations want to usurp the authority and sovereignty of the nations who's people HAVE NEVER CONSENTED to allow a collective body of international voices to rule over them (oops they call it governance - sounds nicer).

I think the problem is in the leadership elite caste that isolates itself from the people and assumes 'superior' social worth and power - while refusing to acknowledge their own inadequacies to cope with the problems between sovereign nations. Their solution - do away with sovereignty.

It's a far cry from recognizing how the concepts of State and Sovereignty came about in the first place. So their great wisdom is for humankind to socially devolve - for their convenience. Nice.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

reply to post by mystiq

It seems we have not learned the lesson and seem to continue to do business as usual, When does the Average Joe on the street gets to speak? Who is looking out for the little guys?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The UN and most other "Global" organizations want to usurp the authority and sovereignty of the nations who's people HAVE NEVER CONSENTED to allow a collective body of international voices to rule over them (oops they call it governance - sounds nicer).

I think the problem is in the leadership elite caste that isolates itself from the people and assumes 'superior' social worth and power - while refusing to acknowledge their own inadequacies to cope with the problems between sovereign nations. Their solution - do away with sovereignty.

Well it seems thats whats on their minds and they are making moves in plain view and nobody but a few are even paying attention. All in the name of the economic crises.

top topics

join