It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top British Politician Vows to Open Secret UFO Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Top British Politician Vows to Open Secret UFO Files

www.foxnews.com

British Conservative Party leader David Cameron vowed Tuesday that if he were to be elected Prime Minister, he would bring an end to the era of government secrecy over UFOs and extraterrestrial activity.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We're hearing more and more that the "secret" files are going to be opened.

I"m curious if there is anything in them that I will find interesting.

For some time I've had an interest in UFOs but if all the files are opened what will the general population actually find out.

What are the top UFO mysteries in England that you'd like to read about?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

why did he bring up the subject??????

I mean what dont / do we know?

This is very very interesting!!, it could be a publicity stunt to gain votes but still.. why would he even raise this topic?

Something is afoot!

s+f and very nice find i shall be keeping my eye on this.

btw they had nick pope on fox the other day or something, someone posted it on a thread here on ats..

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If the UK discloses their information on UFOs, doesn't that mean that the US has to? I mean we don't have to, but with the internet I have no doubt that we in the US will know everything. This should put pressure on the US government if it actually happens.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I thought we just released a load of files relating to ufo's etc, If there was any accusations that Britain had recovered saucers and other juicy bits from the past like you guys in the US then i may have been interested.

Nice try Mr Cameron.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Reality
This should put pressure on the US government if it actually happens.

Good observation. I believe that more governments will step up also in a domino effect form. So the US has a choice, lead or be left behind.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Or perhaps this will just be another disappointment.

Maybe what they release will not be anything significant.

Just a bunch of nothing.

Although this article did actually say the word " alien"

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Skeptics have always asked the question....

How could there be a cover-up? too many people must know about it to cover it up.

They've been pretty good at keeping it under wraps for decades.
well, it looks like maybe it's finally reached the point where too many people inside do know and we're starting to see the truth leak out.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Cameron is so far ahead in the polls, he doesn't need to use this as a publicity stunt to garner more votes.

More likely he was just taking a leaf out of Obama's book and is maybe trying to build a relationship with obama.

Reportedly, Obama doesn't have much time for Gordon Brown - the current prime minister.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust Cameron as far as far as I could throw him, for example, since the financial disaster, all he has done is fight the Government at every turn, not a single thought for the British people, he has his own party agenda, and IMO will say and do anything to get the Conservatives back in power.

Well Cameron, some of us still remember Thatcher and Major, last thing we need is the aristocracies tea boy running things, one thing the tories have always stood for is their own, last time we trusted these people, we had riots, redundancies, they even took the milk off the little kids in school, and those are the small things they did, and all of it when there where no financial disasters.

So why would I think he is ever going to come clean about UFO'S? all we would get is the missing pieces of already well known cases and a pack of lies, on my list of where disclosure would come from, this guy is bottom of my list, right now IMO Britain does not have a worthy opposition to Government right now.

What Britain really needs is cooperation during these times, not bottomless promises, because he read a story in the Sun, here in Liverpool people like him are known as gob#es, but you can all log this down, if he keeps to what he has said, I will personally lick his shoes in public, I'm that convinced he is talking from his bottom.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Skeptics have always asked the question....

How could there be a cover-up? too many people must know about it to cover it up.

They've been pretty good at keeping it under wraps for decades.
well, it looks like maybe it's finally reached the point where too many people inside do know and we're starting to see the truth leak out.

My answer is always the same to those skeptics who believe it is impossible to keep secrets of such a magnitude from the public.

Who killed JFK? Why did the Israeli's attack the USS Liberty? Why did it take decades to discover that we deliberately provoked the attack on Pearl Harbor? Exactly who made a fortune by short trading the airline stocks just days before the 9/11 attack? Where did the bailout money go? Why can Mr. Rove ignore a Congressional subpoena? How can the Energy cartel formulate National Energy policy?

There's hardly any end to the list of 'secrets' that can't possibly be kept from the public.

Lot's of people keep secrets. They always have. Our government was designed to refuse the privilege to those self-serving people who scam their way into public service.... But our oversight tools were 'disallowed' in the name of "National (because we said so) Security."

Edit to add: Of course the list will differ for the UK, but the principle is the same.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Worst article ever.

For a start according to the times article there is no quote about opening up "secret" UFO files, merely a statement that he would be open in the investigation of UFO's and he did not believe there should be government secrecy on the issue.

Then just to rub sal in the wound:

“Do you agree with me that the British people have a right to know if we have been visited, and if so, when you become prime minister will you seek to lift the veil of secrecy and give the public the truth that they deserve and that has been covered up for all these years?”

Mr Cameron laughed and replied: “I’m convinced we have been visited by alien life forms - and one of them is the trade secretary Peter Mandelson.”

He later apologised to the man for the joke, but offered no apology to Lord Mandelson, the Business Secretary.

He is merely being a politician, obviously he finds the subject humorous still.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I thought that was funny.

We all can use a laugh now and then.
'
'

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
totaly agree

Im no fan of them both.. im just wondering why use the ufo subject??

Its sooo bizzar for any polition in the UK "were im from" to even utter the words ufo.

Im amazed this aint been on the news
hehe

I watched the speech obama made and it sounded like hes saying time for a new age. kinda spooked me out abit.

still dont know what camron would even bother

very odd

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

ahh a fellow scouser LOL

Sorry but ur getting a star for saying gob# haha

just dont tell me you support everton!!! ; D

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Even if the Tories get in again, there'll be NO disclosure from the Government. Cameron will be forced to resign as leader long before that happens so the 'promise' will disappear into the wind, just like all the promises ALL politicians make to get elected.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
WTF ???????????????????????????

is that all cameron is going to offer us ???????????

i an the rest of the country - who ave not got our heads shoved up some one elses or our own arse would REALLY like to know what he is going to do about several more pressing issues , like :

the ecconomy

government ownership of banks

environment issues

defence spending and commitments / service personell welfare

etc etc

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Cameron is, and always will be an opportunist. What ever reads well on the front pages of the tabloids one morning, becomes Conservative policy the next. Painfully predictable...

top topics

join