It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think the Rapture has happened

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
jesus said if you hate someone'
you murder them in your heart, so your a murderer to him

if you look at someone else with lust in your eye
your an adulterer in your heart

see , we are all guilty , very guilty

Everyone!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

I've never seen or heard of GWB killing anyone either.

You still keep to the same beliefs that religion is founded on. As I have told you before, I think you are a good person and have good intentions, but I think it is in spite of, not because of.

As I told you, the difference is in if they think they are the only one. That because of it, you are able to forgive the sins of people and so on. It is when someone makes themselves into an authoritative figure, because when you do that then you have put yourself above others.

See, when you see the truth and that it is in others, then the commandments make sense. It's like AHHHH, that is why! Treat other people as if they are yourself, because they are you. There is a reason it's called a sin against god when you do these things, because god is within them as well. So when you put yourself above others, then you are not recognizing this. You are not seeing it and so on.

GW is not a Catholic .(So how can you compare him to the Pope ?) .he is a DOMINIONIST (which is very similar to what you believe) READ UP ON THAT SECT ....they are bringing about a kingdom on this earth which is a physical kingdom brought on by men who will rule the kingdom for God ...who consider themselves christs on earth ..(do some reading ) ..........
(They are also replacement theologists ) which is very similar to the man made doctrine of you are christ men on earth .... .............
He believes that he is christ on earth too ..
So is he wrong in his belief that he is also christ on earth ?

You keep accusing others of the very same thing that your guilty of ..

Have you hated >> ? then you have also killed ..(to hate is to murder) .
You hate the BODY of Christ ...(which you have said in many a post that they are all of satan ) .............that is killing .....

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
The word "vicar" means one who serves or acts in place of someone as a representative, and is derived from the word "vicarius."

Do you not believe that as christ is within you that you are also a representative of christ on this earth Badmedia ?

(I am not sticking up for the Pope because I believe he is in error just as you are Badmedia...but I wanted you to see that you prescribe to the same beliefs as the pope does) so you are in fact saying the same thing about yourself as the Pope says ........................

The father is in me. The only time I have ever heard the words of Jesus is in the bible. It was not until after I learned from the father(holy ghost) that I seen the father in Jesus. Then I actually knew he was telling the truth. I was astonished when I read what he said. Is this just coincidence that I recognized Jesus the way Peter does? Not for his flesh, but the father in him?

I dunno about a representative of Christ. I mean I would be terrified if someone ever took my words and tried to pass them off as the only truth, or the only way to the truth. While the father is in me, I am not the father. I do not know as the father does and so on. This world certainly doesn't need another "The truth as told by...". To take my words as truth would be no different than those who take Pauls or anyone elses words as truth.

So I think I'd have to say that the holy spirit is the true representative of Christ. As that is what taught me the truth, and how I seen in it Jesus. Obviously, there is nothing I can say that you would accept as truth, and you shouldn't accept it because I say it. Such is the problem. I just wonder why people do it with the bible.

It is said at the very least one can believe for the very works sake. If that is the least someone can believe, then shouldn't that be something all believe? But nobody actually follows it.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
rapture has already happened.here is the link which explains in detail

www.xeeatwelve.com...
The true rapture has already begun. In November of 1999, all viable Class IV True beings (except for the Rescuers and some Light workers) were evacuated from Earth. Although some of them died off during the evacuation, most of them did not. Instead, their bodies remain functional, but they are more like zombies. That is, their biological functions still work, but they are empty shells. It is their consciousnesses that were evacuated. Only the consciousnesses are Divine, so that is all that Jesus sought to rescue from this hellhole.

www.xeeatwelve.com
it explains lot like jesus was agasint the god.its gnosticm

only light warriors remain and they soon will be raptured.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

GW is not a Catholic .(So how can you compare him to the Pope ?) .he is a DOMINIONIST (which is very similar to what you believe) READ UP ON THAT SECT ....they are bringing about a kingdom on this earth which is a physical kingdom brought on by men who will rule the kingdom for God ...who consider themselves christs on earth ..(do some reading ) ..........
(They are also replacement theologists ) which is very similar to the man made doctrine of you are christ men on earth .... .............
He believes that he is christ on earth too ..
So is he wrong in his belief that he is also christ on earth ?

You keep accusing others of the very same thing that your guilty of ..

Have you hated >> ? then you have also killed ..(to hate is to murder) .
You hate the BODY of Christ ...(which you have said in many a post that they are all of satan ) .............that is killing .....

Umm, I was saying that while GWB has never personally killed anyone as far as we know, he is certainly responsible for the deaths of many people.

As for the rest, I don't know what to tell you. There is a difference in 1 becoming the authority for themselves(freedom), and one becoming an authority over other people(slavery). That is a line I would never cross, and that is the difference. I guess you can either see the difference or you can't.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When you post your thoughts on Christ and you as being as Christ ...and what your beliefs are as one having authority (you push hard that Paul is a false teacher and that most of the bible is not true) ...you are preaching and teaching this idea across the world on ATS ..are you not ?

No difference ..only this is your pulpit ...........

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Personally, I think the rapture is man made. For something so miraculous and one of the biggest disappearances in the history of the world, there is very little describing such an event. I think we all must suffer and be tested, no one escapes that. The question is who is worthy to survive the wrath of God? Whether there is or isn't a rapture, I will be ready.

The 144,000, IMO, is not a literal number. It represents all of God's children gathered from all the nations of the earth, a number too large to count which is eluded to elsewhere in revelations, but can't remember exactly where.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

When you post your thoughts on Christ and you as being as Christ ...and what your beliefs are as one having authority (you push hard that Paul is a false teacher and that most of the bible is not true) ...you are preaching and teaching this idea across the world on ATS ..are you not ?

No difference ..only this is your pulpit ...........

Jesus mentions that he will be among those who are discussing him. It is from discussion that we gain understanding and when we do this we build our churches within.

And big difference in having and voicing your opinion on a topic and trying to force the entire world to your opinion, and trying to get them to accept your opinion out of fear and killing the people who didn't agree with your opinion.

Seriously, this is a public forum, we all came here to voice our opinions on topics and to discuss topics and so on. I didn't force you to read my opinion, nor do I force you to agree. How many times do I need to point out this difference?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
[Jesus mentions that he will be among those who are discussing him. It is from discussion that we gain understanding and when we do this we build our churches within.

And big difference in having and voicing your opinion on a topic and trying to force the entire world to your opinion, and trying to get them to accept your opinion out of fear and killing the people who didn't agree with your opinion.

Seriously, this is a public forum, we all came here to voice our opinions on topics and to discuss topics and so on. I didn't force you to read my opinion, nor do I force you to agree. How many times do I need to point out this difference?]

I would like for you to show me where the Pope or any other believer has killed anyone recently for not believing as they do ???
And no your not forcing anyone to do anything ..neither is the Pope ..
He is merely stating an opinion and many are following his opinion .
As they will yours too ..

So make sure that what you say is truth ...otherwise you will be held as accountable to God as the Pope will be for what he teaches and or preaches and leads many astray with from his opinion ...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
I humbly suggest you read it again.-----Yourself and not by interpretation of various factions. Most cant even agree on pre trib, mid trib, pre wrath pan trib, or post trib, and the whole "rapture" thing wasn't even invented until the 1800's, there is no word "rapture" anywhere in the bible.
All are sinners and all fall short, so the good book says, so where are the other 139000 Jesus's hiding?

How about some notable "rapture" Predictions?

1792 - Shakers calculated this date.
1844 - William Miller predicted Christ would return between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844, then revised his prediction, claiming to have miscalculated Scripture, to October 22, 1844. Miller's theology gave rise to the Advent movement.
1977 - William M. Branham predicted that the Rapture would take place in 1977.
1981 - Chuck Smith undogmatically predicted that Jesus would likely return by 1981.
1988 - Publication of 88 Reasons why the Rapture is in 1988, by Edgar C. Whisenant.
1989 - Publication of The final shout: Rapture report 1989, by Edgar Whisenant. More predictions by this author appeared for 1992, 1995, and other years.
1992 - Korean group "Mission for the Coming Days" predicted October 28, 1992 as the date for the rapture.
1993 - Seven years before the year 2000. The rapture would have to start to allow for seven years of the Tribulation before the Return in 2000. Multiple predictions.
1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 27, 1994.
2011 - Harold Camping's revised prediction has May 21, 2011 as the date of the rapture.
2060 - Sir Isaac Newton undogmatically proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the rapture could happen no earlier than 2060.

Though I would never imply insult to anyone's belief system, I figure if someone decides to follow a written doctrine that is finished (I.E. all in the canon without editorials and additions) then you have to follow exactly what is written, and not attempt to interpret according to personal belief or century you reside in.

Just my Dos Pesos.
Good point. I'm going with Sir Isaac Newton. After all, the man invented Calculus*. I can't even DO Calculus, so I defer to his vastly superior mathematical ability. *I'm aware Leibnetz also concurrently developed Calculus. (Post half tongue in cheek, but I am in awe of Newtons intellect.)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher1960

Originally posted by gotrox

Good point. I'm going with Sir Isaac Newton. After all, the man invented Calculus*. I can't even DO Calculus, so I defer to his vastly superior mathematical ability. *I'm aware Leibnetz also concurrently developed Calculus. (Post half tongue in cheek, but I am in awe of Newtons intellect.)

The reason all these exact day apocalypse (meaning "to reveal" or "the revealing") predictions are wrong is because we were already told that no one, not even Jesus, knows the day or hour that the end will start, but we will know when the time is near by signs we can see in the world around us like right now.

There is no rapture. Not even Jesus could escape suffering in the flesh and neither will any of us and as someone pointed out, the word "rapture" is not even once mentioned in the Bible, it's made up. No human is anywhere near as pure as Jesus Christ. Whether there is or isn't a rapture shouldn't matter to believers. The only thing that should matter is "Will you be ready to endure if there is no rapture and would you be ready if Jesus came tomorrow?"

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Kratos1220]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
It is implied.

It is definately NOT implyed that the pope is Christ.
The opposite is DIRECTLY STATED.
That the pope is just a man.

tell me how Jesus would be treated better than how the pope is treated on earth by people?

Being treated well is NOT WORSHIP.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I would like for you to show me where the Pope or any other believer has killed anyone recently for not believing as they do ???
And no your not forcing anyone to do anything ..neither is the Pope ..
He is merely stating an opinion and many are following his opinion .
As they will yours too ..

So make sure that what you say is truth ...otherwise you will be held as accountable to God as the Pope will be for what he teaches and or preaches and leads many astray with from his opinion ...

So I'm supposed to ignore roughly 1500 years of history and what they have done in the past? I'm only supposed to look at the left hand, not the right?

How about the churches role in WW2? Are you to tell me that people don't support these wars in the middle east for religious purposes? How about the support for Israel and it's death and destruction. Ridiculous is what it is, all of it.

It's just as I said before, you refuse to look at your own religion in the same light you see others.

The only reason the church today isn't doing it directly is because the 2nd beast has picked up the crusade.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It is definately NOT implyed that the pope is Christ.
The opposite is DIRECTLY STATED.
That the pope is just a man.

So the pope doesn't have the power to forgive sin and give out punishment? Or the other people in the structure of the church? Come on.

Being treated well is NOT WORSHIP.

So tell me how Jesus would be treated differently. How in worship would the treatment of Jesus be better?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Apologies in advance. This will be a long post.

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." There is much "meat" in the bible but many Christians are still not weaned from the "milk" to be able to take it in.

Concepts such as no place of eternal punishment (hell), Jesus not being Christ's name, "God" not being the Father's name, the son not being the same as the Father, the "Spirit" not being a person; many more scriptural revelations that put a stake through the heart of traditional Christian religion require a level of scriptural understanding that I hope some here will be able to grasp.

I'll set the table for those who are able to eat. Most of this comes from S.L. Johnson, Studies in The Scriptures, volume 2. Entire tomes have been written on the subject of Christ's return so, as long as this post gets, please understand that it is an extremely abbreviated synopsis of the whole subject.

I'm a slow typist so give me a few minutes to post the next "reply". Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
When Yeshua said that not one jot or tittle of the Law should pass away until fulfilled, he referred not only to fulfilling its covenant obligations for all under the Law Covenant, finishing its hold upon them, but he meant more than this.

He meant, further, that all the blessings expressed in it typically would be sure of fulfillment upon an antitypical scale. In all the Jewish ceremonies, God caused no type to be made which will prove meaningless, or pass unfulfilled; and all institutional types were kept up until their fulfillment at least began. Such types must be continually repeated until their antitypes appear; for the keping of a type is not the fulfilling of it. The fulfilling is reached where the type ceases, being displaced by the reality, the antitype.

The year of Jubilee was a Sabbath of rest and refreshing to the people and to the land that God gave them. It was the chief of a series of Sabbaths. They had a Sabbath "day" every seventh day; and once every year these typical Sabbath days reached a climax, a cycle of seven Sabbaths, thus marking a period of 49 days was followed by a Jubilee day, the fiftieth day, known among the Jews as Pentecost.

It was a day of rejoicing and thanksgiving. It was a day of rest in which no crops were planted and indentured servants were set free. It is a type of the great millennium of restitution.

Let no reader hastily conclude that there are no evidences of Restitution about us. We are already in the day when the hidden things are being made manifest and remember that the first work of Restitution is properly a breaking down of the old and decaying structure which stands in the place which the new is to occupy.

In the type, the Trumpet of Jubilee was to be sounded when the Jubilee Year began, to proclaim liberty throughout the land, to ALL its inhabitants. The antitype is ushered in the sounding of the (symbolic) Seventh Trumpet, the Trump of God, the Last Trump.

It is indeed the great trumpet: it announces liberty to every captive; and while at first it means the surrender of many expired claims and privileges, and a time of disturbance and unsettling of usages, habits, etc., its full import, when rightly appreciated, is "good tidings of great joy which shall be unto all people."

There are many reforms which result from awakening the people by the Jubilee Trump of knowledge and liberty, and are not traceable to pure benevolence on the part of the more favored class; the majority, regretfully yield from necessity.

The great enslaver, Sin, is to be shorn of his power, that the great prison-house of Death is to be opened and a release presented to each prisoner, signed in the precious blood of the Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world, the great Redeemer and Restorer.

Glad tidings indeed it shall be to all people, not only to the living, but also to all that are in their graves. Before the end of this great Jubilee every human being may go entirely free-may get back to man's first estate, "very good," receiving back through Christ all that was lost in Adam.

Can we know the time BEFORE it happens? Christ said He didn't even know it. Can we recognize it if it has already happened? I believe so. The next post will contain a chronology of events that lead inexorably to one conclusion: that 1875 (beginning October, 1874) is the date of the beginning of the Times of Restitution.

*Excerpts taken from The Time is at Hand, pages 196-200.*

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
From the creation Adam to the end of the flood 1656 years
Thence to the covenant with Abraham 427 years
Thence to the Exodus and giving the Law 430 years
Thence to the division of Canaan 46 years
The period of the Judges 450 years
The period of the Kings 513 years
The period of the desolation 70 years
Thence to A.D. 1 536 years
Thence to A.D. 1873 1872 years
Total 6000 years

The year 1872 A.D. to be the year of the world 6000, and 1873 A.D. the commencement of the seventh thousand-year period, the seventh millenium, or thousand year day of earth's history.

*The above is where I'll lose the majority of you*

*Ibid. pages 42 and 54

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Before you throw up your hands in exasperation thinking that I'm one of those fruitcakes that believe the world is only 6000 years old, understand this: I don't. I think that the 6000 years of "biblical history" refers to an age or dispensation; an "event", as it were.

There are many phrases (and mistranslations) that we understand according to our usage of those phrases today and not according to the original usage.

That said, there was not a GLOBAL flood where all the nephilim were wiped out because the Hebrews encountered them in Canaan when they went there to conquer it.

The next is entirely speculation as I have no biblical evidence to prove it: there were either other people around in Adam's time or Eve gave birth to a lot of children that were not recorded in the Bible since Cain found a wife in the land of Nod.

Flood history and earlier civilizations are the topic of other threads so I'll continue with only the topic of this one.

The Times of Restitution of all things as well as the HARVEST of the Gospel age overlap one upon the other for a period called : The day of wrath." It will be a time "such as the world has never known." (I think we're there)

The necessary undermining and overturning of the kingdoms of this world under the prince of darkness, the prince of this world, are now visible to some extent even to the natural eye of the childrenof this world, but are much more clearly seen, as they should be, by those who look upon transpiring events through the field-glass of God's Word.

Even the worldly-wise can discern the social trouble fomenting, as the dominance of ignorance gives place to greater general knowledge and personal independence. And though they vainly hope for some unknown and unexpected favorable turn of affairs to occur, yet, as described in the Scriptures, their hearts are failing them for fear and for looking after the things coming upon the earth, because they see the shaking of the symbolic heavens now in progress (religious institutions), and perceive that with such a shaking and removal of the power of error, superstitions and religious restraints from the masses of the people, violence and anarchy must result.

While the first glimpse of God's gracious plan for blessing the whole world through the Church during the millenial age fills the hearts and enlists the zeal of his faithful children to the utmost, yet as their efforts to enlighten others are coldly received, and they find that only a very few, comparatively, have "an ear to hear," the tendency is to settle down to the quiet enjoyment of the precious knowledge, in such a manner as will bring the least reproach and opposition. (guilty as charged)

Seeing this, our natural weakness, the Lord has provided time-prophecies as a spur, to quicken and awaken us fully, and keep us active in his service. Being already in the "harvest"" time, harvest work should engage the time, service and thoughts of the Lord's servants, who now, like the disciples at the first advent, are to do the reaping work.

The work of the saints during the harvest marking the close of the "high calling" and the "change" of those saints who "are alive and remain" is a full and complete corroboration of God's plan of the ages, together with its times and seasons.

*Ibid 364-366

"For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain...waiting for the ...deliverance of our body", the body of Christ (Rom. 8:22, 23). According to God's arrangement, the new order of things cannot be established until the great ruler, the Christ complete, Head and body, has come fully into power.

Just how long the last living members of the body of Christ will be glorified we are not directly informed, but it certainly will not be until their work in the flesh is done; nor can we reasonably presume that they will long remain after that work is accomplished.

While there are clear indications that some of the living members of the body will witness the gathering of the storm and share in some of the troubles it will bring, there is also evidence that none of these will pass entirely through it, nor even far into it.

The Master's words, "Watch, that you may be accounted worthy to escape those things that shall come to pass" seem to indicate this. Yet we know that we are already passing through the beginning of these troubles, the troubles upon the nominal Church incident to its testing, and that we are escaping, while many on every hand are falling into error and infidelity.

WE ESCAPE NOT BY BEING TAKEN FROM THE SCENE OF TROUBLE, BUT BY BEING SUPPORTED, STRENGTHENED AND KEPT IN THE VERY MIDST OF IT ALL BY THE WORD OF THE LORD, OUR SHIELD AND BUCKLER.

While admitting that in like manner some members of the body might remain to the very end of the time of trouble, and pass through it all, and yet "thus escape" all the trouble coming, it is nevertheless clear that all the members of the body will be fully delivered, exalted to the glorious condition before the severest features of the trouble come, after the body is complete and the "door shut".

We have seen the storm gathering for years yet we do not fear.
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will we not fear, though the earth [the present organization of society] be removed [unsettled and disorganized], and though the mountains [kingdoms] be carried into the midst of the sea [the lawless and ungovernable people]; though the waters thereof roar and be troubled [with the disputings of contending factions]; though the mountains [kingdoms] shake [tremble for fear and insecurity] with the swelling [the threatening and rising power] thereof." (Ps. 46:1-3)

"There is a river [God's Word, a fountain of truth and grace], the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God [the Kingdom of God, the Church-even in its present embryo condition, before its exaltation to power and glory], the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High [the sanctuary, the Church wherein the Most High is pleased to dwell]. God is in the midst of her: she shall not be moved: God shall help her" (Ps. 46:4-5)

*Excerpts taken from Thy Kingdom Come, pages 226-229 (same author)

[edit on 28-1-2009 by whitewave]

[edit on 29-1-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Don't relate at all. The Supreme Being is all merciful. The creations of matter are temporary. There is about 250,000 years left before all the spirits that can be purified of their blemishes have done so. That includes the spirits in rocks, grass, trees, dogs, cats, humans, ets.. Each spirit will likely cycle many more times through all the different forms matching their karmic inclinations. All will be saved eventually and to a degree are in that progression, each in it's own individual state of cleansing. Some pure sooner, some much later and many lifetimes later. Many people pretended to be "good" with vast amounts of dormant imperfections left to be removed. They aren't fooling the Supreme Being and fantasizing a free ride won't help. They have to exhaust their imperfections and mercifully only a small, small percent rises to the surface at a given time. So, it takes time. It's already taken a long time. The process will continue. That is what life is all about. That is why we are here in matter to begin with. Spirit has no permanent need for matter. It is a means to an end.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join