It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOP Twenty-five people at the heart of the meltdown

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

TOP Twenty-five people at the heart of the meltdown

www.guardian.co.uk

The worst economic turmoil since the Great Depression is not a natural phenomenon but a man-made disaster in which we all played a part. In the second part of a week-long series looking behind the slump, Guardian City editor Julia Finch picks out the individuals who have led us into the current crisis
(visit the link for the full news article)

sty

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A very interesting article in "the guardian" published today 26/01/09. The publication includes in the list names like G.Bush, Clinton , Brown and Wallstreet bankers. Very interesting and long article.

Tomorrow we will have another interesting one (same publication) : "Tomorrow in part three of the Road to Ruin series - The Barons of Bankruptcy - how going bust can be a profitable business"

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They should all be tarred and feathered great find

Man that is the hit list of all hit list they have everybody mentioned

thats like the whos who of the finance and banking world. All of them RATS!

[edit on 26-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I Wonder if Granddaddy Bush had something to do with the first Great Depression.

Great find.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I wish they would have number them to see who they felt was the most to blame. Pretty good list. Surprised to see ol Bill in there. I really thought slick Willie would get a break because of all those wonderful surpluses he provided.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I wish they would have number them to see who they felt was the most to blame. Pretty good list. Surprised to see ol Bill in there. I really thought slick Willie would get a break because of all those wonderful surpluses he provided.

Wasn't Slick Willie the first to start leaving a lot of IOU's in the social security fund? That would account for maybe some of the surpluses.

In short, they are all thieves and liars, whichever party they represent and all but a few politicians are willing to go along with it as long as they get their cut and a healthy stock portfolio which they can cash out and offshore, using insider knowledge, before everyone else gets screwed.

Good programme on BBC2 last Saturday night about the 1929 crash and I think there is another part this week - I'll have to check the tv listings.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Wasn't Slick Willie the first to start leaving a lot of IOU's in the social security fund? That would account for maybe some of the surpluses.

yes, but his die hard supporters will never admit to that because they are still under the impression that he left Bush a surplus and Bush wasted it. Clinton just never included social security.

I believe most of this mess is due to accounting methods just as much as lying and stealing.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by jam321

In short, they are all thieves and liars, whichever party they represent and all but a few politicians are willing to go along with it as long as they get their cut and a healthy stock portfolio which they can cash out and offshore, using insider knowledge, before everyone else gets screwed.

Good programme on BBC2 last Saturday night about the 1929 crash and I think there is another part this week - I'll have to check the tv listings.

Yea....Slick willy did do that to the Social Security, I remember telling my brother...'Their goes our Social Security'.

The World needs to take these crooks try them as war crimes on Humanity.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
They left two names out:

Barny Frank (Democrat) as one of the crooks

And

Peter Shiff as one (the loadest voice non-the-less) who saw it coming.

Go figure...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiso_us
I Wonder if Granddaddy Bush had something to do with the first Great Depression.

Great find.

Only insofar as he had a 'close' relationship to the bankers who orchestrated it. At the time he was still a relative newcomer, an "old" name with "new" money.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So, basically, what we have here, is a hit-list for every poor S.O.B. that lost their job because of this collapse in the financial market, snapped, and is looking for somebody to blame.

Awesome. If you are on that list, it would probably be a good idea to invest in the Private Security sector of the market right now, and don't worry, there are no credit default swaps to screw yourself on.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

I'd say you're right; which, putting it in perspective...isn't a good idea for some of them, since people will do some messed up things lol.

sty

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

poor? you make me laugh
. The bonus alone (for obeying the orders of the true financial elites) exceeds my income for the next 1000 years. Or maybe much more than 1000 years of my income. O..poor. Also, can you get a similar job with the people from the list? aha.. you cant because that kind of jobs is not for the uncompromisable people..

In this kind of world, when the top25 from the list are told " JUMP" they have to ask "How High" not "why?" . This is how you get to be in the top 25!

[edit on 26-1-2009 by sty]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

error: reading comprehension error. Poor S.O.B.= those directly screwed by the actions of the top 25. That guy at the local bank branch who has no job, benefits, or place to go because that job was all he had. That poor S.O.B. who had no control over the decisions made, but paid for them. Hes the poor S.O.B. who might decide vengeance is the only thing he can get for his troubles.

A guy like that, reading that list, might get him angry and some bad ideas.

sty

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

ok, what is a S.O.B ?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Barny Frank (Democrat) as one of the crooks
reply to post by LiquidMirage

I agree. Here's my top of the list:

1) Jimmy Carter- president responsible for the first passage of the Community Reinvestment Act.

2) Bill Clinton- responsible for getting several pieces of legislation passed durring his presidency that strengthened CRA and encouraged lending to subprime and NINJA (no income, no job applicants).

3) Chris Dodds- Head of the powerful Senate Banking committee for over 2 years. Repeatedly blocking efforts to reform CRA, banking practices and stop derivatives.

4) Barney Franks- Head of the powerful House Banking committee. Barney was the mouthpiece spouting lies and irresponsible statements about how safe our banking and credit system is. He blocked all efforts at reform proposed by Bush and others. When this all shakes down Barney will be the poster boy for the financial collapse.

5) Nancy Pelosi- House Speaker who blocked efforts at reform, lied about who was responsible blaming Bush and Republicans. She was in a prime position to reform and did nothing for over 2 years.

6 Harry Ried- Senate Speaker, blocked all lending and banking reform legislation in the Senate.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The vote is interesting too. When I clicked through, 29.3% of readers considered Alan Greenspan (Chairman of the US Federal Reserve 1987-2006) to blame for the recession. Gordon Brown (British Prime Minister) second at 16.1%. Interestingly, Mervyn King (Governor of the Bank of England) scored only 0.6%(!).

I can't speak for my American friends but for the Brits on the list, we have a cosy tower in London waiting for them.

An interesting discussion point at my local: Is global financial crime considered treason? Treason is defined by Wiki as "In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of disloyalty to one's sovereign or nation." So, the argument goes that, if the actions of a small group drove the economy into recession, in the pursuit of profit or greed, is that disloyalty to one's nation? A nation is the collective of it's peoples and the overwhelming majority of them have been affected.

top topics

join