It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Aliens Really think of us...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I keep hearing comparisons about aliens looking at us like we would look at ants etc.
I think humans are pretty interesting species and probably fascinate or terrify aliens to death by the fast progress of our technology.

If we saw ants evolve and build cities or suddenly learn to fly with vehicles they built from earth’s resources, we would have probably tried to talk to them a long time ago. And with any other creature or animal on this planet.

If aliens are watching us it is for two possible reasons:

1. They see us as a dangerous virus. If you look at the three main characteristics of a virus they are:
a. Multiply
b. Violent
c. Absorb or drain resources.

Kind of reminds me of the human race. And if they see we are already capable of space flight in merely 100 years of us building the first airplane. They are probably observing us with caution.

Or:

2. We might amaze them as creatures. Maybe it’s the combination of good and evil. Or love and hate. Or the creativity and technology. But what ever it may be, I think we are far from being primitive creatures even by their standards.

I agree they are probably light years smarter then us. But I doubt they were much more advanced then us in the beginning of their evolution (10,000 years on their planet)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
To tell the truth they are probably a little afraid of humans.
I know humans scare the crap out of me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

that my point

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Aliens are aliens, humans are humans. Just because we look down on ants does not mean that aliens do. As humans we have been taught through society that just because our technology is superior, it makes us superior to other species on earth.

Extra terrestrials may not be nowhere near as egotistical as we are, maybe they are more interested in knowledge than they are in power. Maybe they respect us for our spirituality rather than our technology, maybe they see our potential.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan Maybe they respect us for our spirituality rather than our technology, maybe they see our potential.

Not if they have been watching the last 50 years of TV they won't

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I can tell you what aliens think about us.

Oh yes, they think we are inferior, we know nothing, and we are idiots....

Resulting in O_O

Humans = EPIC FAILURE

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a light year is 10 trillion kilometres..... its not a unit of time lol

or were you talking how far away from us they are.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by trolla]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Any civilization advanced enough to travel to us would not be scared of us. Not a chance they would be. Sure, we might be able to get off a couple of nukes or something devastating, but any retribution would be far greater. Hell, if they can move superluminally they could probably redirect an asteroid our way. Taking us out would not be very hard.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How do you know how anything will think?

If we saw apes starting to create buidings and learn to write, we would kill them off as a potential thread to our dominancy on this planet.

An ET may have no such thought behaviour, we as humans try and give everything an emotion,

Oh look at the dog he must be happy, he's wagging his tail,
Iv'e seen sild dogs in Africa wag their tails.

Et's may have no emotion at all, we don't know what a whale thinks so how could we possibly understand how an ET thinks, and we still kill whales without understanding them.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
hehe I do believe we are sort of a virus.. we just destroy...

but then, do they have to have knowledge of what violence is? or what a virus is? Maybe that only exists here and in the Death Star (yeah where Darth Vader lives..
)

But then maybe if they know what violence is, im sure they are afraid of us getting higher technology.. how many worlds and alien races have we defeated in the movies? They might think of that as documentaries

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think you're right in both respects.

That they are impressed with our evolution in technological terms, and curious about how we will develope from here.

As well as they must be a bit nervous about how we treat each other and our mother planet. I bet when we set up camp on the moon, possibly when we go to Mars, is when they'll say "Whazzup" and make sure we don't go destroying the rest of our solar system and beyond.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well if the Alien autopsies at Roswell are true... they would be pissed at us and looking for payback

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
If we saw apes starting to create buidings and learn to write, we would kill them off as a potential thread to our dominancy on this planet.

This combined with your avatar make me think you know something we don't... what gives? You training some sort of secret monkey/ape army?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol

Originally posted by munkey66

This combined with your avatar make me think you know something we don't... what gives? You training some sort of secret monkey/ape army?

They already have them
They are called Marines, havn't you noticed the hairy backs and dragging Knuckles.

And yes it was just said as a joke, most of the marines are apes, not all

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
As long as they dont find me tasty or good for slave labour/experiments, its ok with me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Lets be reall here. Interplanetary travel doesn always mean a super advanced civilization, afterall, we can interplanetary travel. Also, personally, I dont think all aliens are that intelligent and advanced anyways. Just look at the ones they cast in the Star Wars movies.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey_Matter
Lets be reall here. Interplanetary travel doesn always mean a super advanced civilization, afterall, we can interplanetary travel. Also, personally, I dont think all aliens are that intelligent and advanced anyways. Just look at the ones they cast in the Star Wars movies.

I lol'ed at the Star Trek comparison. However I agree that star travel doesn't mean advanced, but they may be more advanced than us..technologicaly. That doesn't mean that they understand good parents who sacrifice their own luxuries and wellfare for their children. Civilizations...no, species can always learn from eachother no matter how "advanced" they are. We modeled airplanes after birds, learn martial arts from animals and design weapons off insect defenses. All these species are "inferior" to us.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by LeTan]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey_Matter
Lets be reall here. Interplanetary travel doesn always mean a super advanced civilization, afterall, we can interplanetary travel.

We can? Really? Since when was the moon technically considered a 'Planet'?

On Topic:

We can only speculate at what ET's may think of us. It's just as probable that their thought processes have no common frame of reference to ours. Their thoughts could very well be completely strange to us.

If they did think along the same lines as us, you'd have to understand their relationship to us firstly.

Are they travelers that have simply stumbled upon us?
Are they our creators?
Are they looking for allies or trade relations?
Are they looking for a place to live?
Are they looking for compatible genetics?
Are they simply curious?

If we had a common frame of reference, we might be able to look at ourselves with honesty and make a more accurate assessment as to what the answer may be.

IRM

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
IF aliens wanted to destroy us or enslave us they wouldnt wait to the point where we advance into a solar system superpower..thats why i think they want to contact us and educate us not eradicate or enslave. however if theya re truly malevolent creatures (which i doubt) they may be waiting for us to use all our super weapons so they suffer little to no losses..

god i hope not

please come in peace..please

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well although everyone has its mistakes, aliens do to(!).
I think some if not most of them think we're quite awesome
. Don't know why, just a hunch. Maybe because of all these threads here of aliens visiting, if we weren't that interesting why would they bother hmm

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join