It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien artifacts discovered underneath crop circles

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

In 1991 gold averaged $362. So if there really was a gold disc it probably would have been worth about $117,000 at the time.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm using today's ever fluctuating gold prices.

It is still a lot of money to spend on a hoax.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
After some careful thought and research on the inter-web, I've come to the conclusion that those designs on the plates appear to be possibly ancient Celtic pictographs, or hieroglyphs. I'm guessing possibly the guy who owns them now, or who sold them, or found them, had the plates first, then made the crop circles afterwards. In an attempt to increase the value of the plates. I'm guessing he wanted to sell them, and was looking for a way to make them appear more valuable. So he buries the plates and creates the crop circles over them, and then either "discovers" them or gets some other seemingly random person to discover and unearth them, thus increasing their value exponentially. I know we've all seen the videos on how to make crop circles, and in searching google, for "artifacts discovered underneath crop circles" a couple of the links stated the designs on the plates resembled ancient Celtic designs. So add in mankind's inherent greed and this whole thing starts to look like a publicity stunt.

A big reason this seems fakish, is why would the aliens bury the plates? Its the whole underground part that seems out of place. Why not just set them on top of the grass or field, or something like that,

If Aliens are so advanced and are trying to communicate something to us, why not just use our radio-waves or something else obvious so there would be no confusion. If they had something important to tell us why do it in a way that could be misinterpreted. Why do it in a way that could be confused or confusing?

I say this has to be terestrial in origin. Sorry, not alien.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smokecrops

You are wrong.

He didn't sell the plates - he melted them down!!!

...then sold the metal.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Crop circles are Bulls eyes for nuclear anialation. Soon all life as we know it will be obliterated for the jetsons to take over.

Sorry Kidding

[edit on 16-1-2009 by tommyb98201]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Looks like an alien Pizza!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don't gotta answer anything I'm not under trial suckas. We have proof man have made crop circles, we have no proof of anything else.

Again the plates have been melted down, that's the type of thing I'd expect a black market grave robber to do in ancient egypt but not in the 90's, hoax hoax hoax.

Finally I'm not the only one that admits man has made them, it is common knowledge, the cropcirclemakers guys I have heard of them, but I don't buy their story, that story sounds like something they would make up in an attempt to keep crop circle freaks interested in the subject, to continue to relate it to the unknown.

I once heard Ed Dames through remote viewing claim crop circles were markers for time-travelers, that's the only thing I've ever heard of which sounds more bogus than them being from ETs.

I've also heard the government laser theory, I guess it's likely but not as likely as the guys with the boards, as far as the microwaved wheat, that would be interesting if it was before the invention of the microwave.

If E.T. is ever proven to be connected to crop circles I will be 100% willing to admit I'm wrong, thats the type of person I am.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
yes

"elysiumfire
The actual pictogram reminds me of an alchemical formulae, molecular bonding and transposing of elements into other elements. I certainly do not perceive it as depicting a timeline of something"

It actually vaguely resembles a cipher there's a font called NI Illuminati.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I hate to be a kill joy but those are not Celtic symbols of any description. Worth noting too that those plates would not trigger a metal detector, especially the silver one, as they wouldn't have enough iron content. The fact that the ores are terrestrial and from a nearby region, the 'glyphs' are nothing that is claimed for them and the fact that this amazing find has been conveniently melted all points to this story being a hoax to me. 2001 would have been a very different film if the discoverers of the slab had just melted it and moved on. Likely? Not very. Hoax? Certainly. The only question is whether the news story was a part of the hoax. I'd say it was, in fact I'd lay money it was broadcast on April 1st.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Perhaps the plates were there beforehand and the field was done to show us where they were.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

It is a shame that the plates were destroyed - melted down and sold at market prices.

Now they can't be carbon dated or further analyzed.

They are gone forever.

Here is an Excellent Presentation By Colin Andrews - the man who investigated UFOs for the British Ministry of Defense:

video.google.com...

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hey, why lose hope? There is more than one crop circle after all. Maybe someone should examine all of them.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not if the plate was made from gold scrap. Even today:

www.scrapgolduk.co.uk...

I don't think market gold prices need apply.

I'd like to hear from a jeweller first hand, but IIRC gold that is unmarked or has question marks over its quality has to be re-checked for purity, and this can put off people buying it for market gold value. Much safer to buy ingots or sovereign. So it's possibly worth less than scrap rings etc. because of worries about the uniformity of gold.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

The gold was pure.

The silver was better than Sterling

*For Goodness sakes people; at least read the first page of the thread before you attack the story...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Commercial silver is purer than Sterling. Silver wire for welding is purer than Stirling. There is nothing special about pure silver or pure gold. It validates nothing. Sometimes I think people just read the bits they agree with.

www.lucasmilhaupt.com...

As for pure gold - pure gold can mean a lot. I presume in this case, playing devils advocate and presuming they didn't exaggerate its importance (like they did with the silver) that they mean 24 carat, or 99.9%.

Which can be found more than enough down here on earth. Even as scrap. Presuming any of the plates had uniformly pure metal, given how crudely manufactured they are, seems a stretch to say the least.

I imagine the 'best bits' or shavings were tested.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You haven't read the first page of the thread or even watched the video...

I can tell by your response that you haven't, and if you have - then God help you for not being able to assimilate such a small amount of information.

Please read the thread, at least the first page and watch the video before you attack.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I have been commenting on this since the first page, and have read and watched everything on this thread. I am not 'attacking', I am asking legitimate questions about this. If you disagree that is fine with me. I don't take it personally and neither should you.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

The gold was pure.

The silver was better than Sterling

*For Goodness sakes people; at least read the first page of the thread before you attack the story...
Hmmmm? Where does it say anything about the gold plate on the first page? All I see is the % and weight of the silver and bronze. I understand that there was supposedly a gold disc, but what happened to it, and if it was "pure", then where and when was it tested?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by Phage

I'm using today's ever fluctuating gold prices.

It is still a lot of money to spend on a hoax.

Damn right it's a lot of money to spend on a hoax.

And maybe that's the point.

I think they call it reverse psychology

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yuppers lots of cash and a big risk too!

What would have happened if someone else found the plates before they were slated to be 'discovered'...

I would have liked to have seen that happen. ;-)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join