It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World of Warcraft Conspiracy...Subliminal Messaging & Blizzard gold spammers!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sitara

HOLY SHIZZ EXECUTUS!

That was my home server

/tears

CAN I HUG YOU!???

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
hugs are good though i must tell you i am originally from laughing skull, i hope this doesnt change your mind

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This particular thread really hits home for being a "WoW addict" my self. Fortunately I've had a steady job and by will power alone I'm a functioning person of society in the sense I make a living for my self, pay taxes, and take care of my responsibilities. There were times however where I would play this "game" so much it would clearly be an unhealthy rabbit. When I've lost girl friends because I'm in front of the computer screen too much and I wouldn't pay enough attention to lady friends. I'm considered a "casual player" in the sense I don't spend eight hours or more playing the game.

Yes it's true like anything it can become an addiction but I've found after playing this game since beta I've learned to regulate my self. Especially when I have a social event or a date WoW would never come over something in RL (real life).

So honestly, you need to be honest with your self and learn your limits. The same is true with just about anything in life.

Do I think there are subliminal messages in WoW, it's possible but I wouldn't get too worked up over it until something definitive is brought to light.

Just my take of it.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sitara

it might just a little.

I started off on Executus in 06...I stayed there till a little after BC came out and went to Terokkar to rejoin my long lost Tindi Losi family haha, I felt bad leaving though, Terokkar DOES NOT have people like McDreamy rolling around often

But it's ok cause we're homies.

edit to add- You still get hugs

[edit on 12-1-2009 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i hate world of warcraft and i have died in the game plenty of times. i had a two week trial and only played for a week, not my cup of tea and i found it extremely booring. i know that is the sound when you die, but unless you are looking for that message, you will not hear it really when you die, sounds just like spirits saying random things to be, i guess i am immune to subliminal messaging.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If anyone did notice, there's also a ton of occult symbols in the game, some even looked like you see in ufo, et stuff.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
As far as WoW goes, I have only one thing to add:

LEROY JENKINS!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
WTF? How I am supposed to believe this? You can stop anytime, easily! I dunno, but it's more creepy than true.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've been playing WoW since just after launch. Despite playing for such a long time, I've never once purchased gold, wouldn't know where to go to buy it to be honest. Despite that, I have epic flying and maxed professions, both of which are crafting.

It's really not necessary to buy gold, what with the addition of dailies and such. I know someone IRL with both the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth AND Mechano-Hog who's never purchased gold.

I pay my monthly sub, which is like 15 bucks, and is hardly a 'ridiculous' sum of money. I know console gamers who spend hundreds of dollars a month of the new titles, and they still don't get the same amount of play value and content that I do.

This thread is, to put it honestly, dumb.

So, you're not a fan of WoW. I can deal with that.

QQ MOAR SCRUB

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Monger]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Forgot to add:

Rolled 1-70 on Firetree, US PVP from 06 to late 08, and xfered to Auchindoun, US PVP shortly before Wrath launched. Rolled to 80, cofounded a semi-casual raiding guild - we just cleared our first 10-man Nax. Vault and OS have been on farm for weeks.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I find the game extremely boring, but additive at the same time, I came back last week to up my 70 too lvl 80, after doing so, i see nothing more than the same 'badge of justice (now valor)' grind, honour grind, rep grind, profession grind, gear grind, money grind, blah blah blah, everything is based on spending more and more time just so you can get better and better, and i just know we can expect new raids and gear and probaly spells within the next few months, which means you'll just have to go do it over again.

i think parents should be careful how long there children play the game also, because you can easily spend 10 hours a day on the game for weeks and months before you get too any end game raiding content, for what?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I used to play ALL THE TIME.
It is like a drug... but i dont think it has any subliminal messages. perhaps jokes, because usually people who work in video games are witty, but thats about it.

As far as the buying gold from Blizz, totally sound theory.

Ive never bought gold, or anything else, it takes the fun away imo, but yeah, it makes sense. would they not notice another person with $10K and then it suddenly disappearing?

If I was your friend, I would have said a buddy of mine sent it to me cause hes about to quit WoW. Thats not against the rules. Wonder what they would have said if they knew it was from themselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I don't understand where your theory that gold buying and their subliminal messaging are related. But for what it's worth, they keep adding tools to block out gold sellers... they are suing (and have won) gold selling companies, they do not want to have anything to do with it.

And you are mistaken that it's more beneficial to buy gold. I make more gold in game in less time, than paying actual cash for it. Not only do I consider it cheap and cheating, I'd have a loss.. I make more money legitimately in the game, when compared to how much an hour I make, if it were used to buy gold.

As far as addiction goes, it's no different than any other entertainment addiction. Tell me, if someone in the tropics chooses to say, surf 7 hours a day, because it's their hobby, how is that different than playing on online game?

And you are really hitting low when you assume that those who play an MMO are completely ignorant to the state of world affairs, what a narrow-minded and ridiculous statement.

I do not think there is any subliminal messaging. There does not need to be. It's just a very well made game that is quite popular.

Oh, and the theory that a game company uses a game to make people ignore critical events.. I guess to make them more sheeplike, is quite laughable. Um.. who are they working for? The U.S.? Hmm.. you DO realize that MORE people play in coutries like China and Korea, right? Out of the 11 million players, only 2.5 million are in the U.S. I guess they are part of an international plot to dull everyone's senses!

There are too many people that play this game in too long of time periods. There is no doubt of this. However, there is also too many people that watch too much T.V., gamble too much, heck, even sleep too much! Why nap when you can be doing something productive?!

At any rate, I think the OP theory is full of bunk.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
I know, im am sory. What it was, is sombody talking to a GM as u can see about the message from the spirit healer. And the person filming claims that theyre admiting it was intentional. A bad example, ill post the other one when i find it...have a search on there yourself aswel

I'm a gamer, I have played WOW for 3 years... and I know some of the GMs. I feel that you've encountered a very badly crafted hoax.

People get addicted to games... online poker, online gambling, Everquest, WOW, etc. They even get addicted to big BBSs... like this one. It has to do with the feedback and interaction.

I think that you have come across a video by someone with an agenda. As the other WOW players have said, we play with sound off and on... we do screen caps, we do vids, we do a lot of stuff with this game (just as ATS members do here on ATS.)

And no, good players (and most players) don't buy from gold farmers. You can tell when a player's bought his rank... he's usually the one who is first to get kicked from the guild for being clueless and first to get kicked from raids and instances because he doesn't know how to play his character and he gets everyone killed.

Furthermore, they miss the fun parts of the lore. They're totally stupid about new content.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
Forgot to add:

Rolled 1-70 on Firetree, US PVP from 06 to late 08, and xfered to Auchindoun, US PVP shortly before Wrath launched. Rolled to 80, cofounded a semi-casual raiding guild - we just cleared our first 10-man Nax. Vault and OS have been on farm for weeks.

Bah!
I'm the "alt addict"... I have 50 characters (maximum number) but haven't hit 80 yet on any. I get bored playing one type of game so I go play another character.

I'm envious! I wanna farm Nax and Vault and OS!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Oh.. and one other thing of note. Right now, money is tight for anyone intelligent enough to be thinking ahead. If WoW is one thing.. it's cost effective entertainment. I could spend 3 hours watching a movie with my wife for I dunno.. 35 bucks after snacks, or I could get a full month of online entertainment for 30 bucks. hmm.. not a bad deal. I love reading, but aside from online books, I don't buy as many books, they are not cheap.

WoW won't be around forever though, it will be replaced by the next new and best thing... also which will probably be made by Blizzard..

They are working on a new MMO atm.. probably World of Starcraft.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Text Maroon

any chance we could get an ex-GM talk about th "Big Brother" aspect of the game?

all txt conversations are read.... I was harassed by GMs and "insiders" and also had items stolen ...

as soon as you log in there are "helpers" that goup with you that are actually EMPLOYEES of Blizzard ...and corruption is rampant.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
it wouldnt suprise me ive noticed hypnotic imagry used in blizzard games before.

diablo 2 has an over abundance of spinning objects,everything spins and twirls....hypnotic.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Ok, now that has to be the funniest thing I have EVER seen. I play...but on my own...no groups or the like. I've only been playing for a couple of weeks and have been killed a lot of times but so far don't find the game all that addictive. I believe as another poster has written that some people are more susceptible to addiction and subliminal messaging. Sure its fun but I can only stand to play for maybe 30 minutes to an hour at a time. I keep going back because I am bored with the Xbox360 and the games I have right now.

But I also know when to put it down and take a look outside. Like ATS, you can spend a lot of time at something you enjoy but after a while you have to stick your head up for air.

LEEROY!!!!!!

I so want to join a group at least once only to do what the great Leeroy Jenkins did.

If blizzard really wanted to make the most of subliminal's they would do it visually. Only because yes, some people do play without sound but everyone NEEDS to see what is going on.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Also, I think there are worse MMO's for you out there such as Second Life. Only because say with WOW, its obvious fantasy where as Second Life is more of a real world kind of thing.

I think it becomes a problem for people when they would rather be social and be active in the online community rather than the real world. But I suppose that is the wave of the future....sad really.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by QBSneak000]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join